Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Portsmouth Fa Cup away.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 27 January, 2020 23:15
Portsmouth Fa Cup away.
Boston Gooner 27 January, 2020 23:15
Olympiacos at home on the Thursday Feb 27th.

And then City away on Sunday 1st March.
But all being well we should get a weekend off before Portsmouth game midweek as
This game will be rescheduled if Manchester City progress to the Carabao Cup Final.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Portsmouth Fa Cup away.
Merlion96 28 January, 2020 08:56
Pray Abu Dhabi City will be desperate for another piece of silverware.

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

plonky 28 January, 2020 14:05
it will be a brilliant atmosphere at Fratton Park. Hope it's on the telly.

Merlion96 28 January, 2020 15:10
Doubt they had forgiven us for that Pires' ahem "falling down" (Sm6)

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Boston Gooner 06 February, 2020 16:31
We can now confirm that our Emirates FA Cup fifth-round clash against Portsmouth will take place as under:

Portsmouth v Arsenal
Emirates FA Cup fifth round
Monday, March 2
7.45pm
Fratton Park
Live on BT Sport

We are at home to Olympiacos FC on the Thursday 27th February before Pompey.

Pompey’s home match against Rochdale has been brought forward a day.
The League One fixture will now take place at Fratton Park on Friday, February 28 and kick-off at 7.45pm.

So we get an extra day off.

I swear if we get to the final they will switch it to a Monday night. 🤣🤣

Merlion96 07 February, 2020 16:20
Is the Portsmouth - Guildford - Woking - Waterloo Station Express still running?

plonky 08 February, 2020 10:03
Quote:
Merlion96
Is the Portsmouth - Guildford - Woking - Waterloo Station Express still running?

There are fast trains London-Pompey but returning after the game looks tricky.

goonerred 08 February, 2020 10:05
I don't like these Monday night matches, one or two, maybe, but awe seem to have been getting a lot lately.

Padre Pio 08 February, 2020 23:08
Quote:
goonerred
I don't like these Monday night matches, one or two, maybe, but awe seem to have been getting a lot lately.

Yep we are only good enough for Matinees

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner 08 February, 2020 23:39
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
goonerred

Yep we are only good enough for Matinees

Aren't Matinees in the daytime ?

Padre Pio 09 February, 2020 00:12
I was being metaphorical, the big show is in the evening

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner 09 February, 2020 08:14
Quote:
Padre Pio
I was being metaphorical, the big show is in the evening

(Sm160)

Monday nights are a pain.
But at least we have done ok in them.

Padre Pio 09 February, 2020 09:34
Yes we seemed to be badly affected by 12 noon ko more

Boston Gooner 16 February, 2020 09:14
BT Sport have dropped Harry Redknapp from their coverage of Arsenal’s FA Cup game against Portsmouth as they are concerned over his safety amongst the home fans.

Harry Redknapp managed Portsmouth 2002-2004 and 2005-2008 but in between he managed their fierce rivals, Southampton, and BT Sport are apparently worried he could be targeted by home fans who are angry about that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net