Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Takeover bid could begin in 2021. ( Aliko Dangote )
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 13 January, 2020 13:52
Takeover bid could begin in 2021. ( Aliko Dangote )
Boston Gooner 13 January, 2020 13:52
Once again Africa's richest man Aliko Dangote updates his plans to launch a takeover.

Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote has claimed he still plans to launch an Arsenal takeover bid - and hinted it could happen in 2021.

Dangote, 62, is Africa's richest man and ranks at number 136 on the Forbes rich list, thanks to his 85% ownership of the publicly-traded Dangote Cement and stakes in publicly-traded salt, sugar and flour manufacturing companies.

The Arsenal fan has previously discussed his desire to one day buy the club from Stan Kroenke - and he has now placed a timeline on his plans.

Speaking on the David Rubenstein Show in America, in an interview recorded in September, Dangote said: "It is a team that yes I would like to buy some day.

"But what I keep saying is we have $20billion worth of projects and that's what I really want to concentrate on. I'm trying to finish building the company and then after we finish, maybe some time in 2021 we can.

"I'm not buying Arsenal right now, I'm buying Arsenal when I finish all these projects, because I'm trying to take the company to the next level."

Dangote is in the process of building the Dangote Refinery which, according to Forbes, will become one of the world's largest oil refineries once complete having been in construction for three years.

It seems he may be waiting for that project to be complete before launching a takeover bid, having earmarked 2020 as the year he would make his move in an interview back in 2018.

He said back then: "We will go after Arsenal from 2020, even if somebody buys, we will still go after it."

American tycoon Stan Kroenke only took over complete control of Arsenal in August 2018.

He launched an offer of around £600m to take complete control from second major share holder Alisher Usmanov, a bid which valued the club at £1.8bn.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Takeover bid could begin in 2021. ( Aliko Dangote )
goonerred 13 January, 2020 14:06
We are now just pawns on the billionaires' chess boards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2020 14:06 by goonerred.

BootyDaddy 13 January, 2020 14:15
Just like ticks, Kroenke will be a b.astard to remove.

It's going to have to be an offer way north of £2b to get rid of him I suspect.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

younghansolo 13 January, 2020 15:24
No thanks, Guy is a disaster waiting to happen. Money tied up in oil without attempts to diversify like the Middle Easterners.

Re: Takeover bid could begin in 2021. ( Aliko gDangote )
MattySadler 13 January, 2020 16:05
Doesn't he pop up and say this every couple of years?

Bergmars 13 January, 2020 17:52
Talk is cheap

Under new managment

SuperRob 13 January, 2020 20:12
Have KSE ever sold any of their sports teams? If they don't want to sell, then they don't want to sell.

They waited 15 years as a minority stakeholder before they took full ownership of the Rams.

I think they're in it for the long term.

weedz 14 January, 2020 19:36
Could not agree more Rob.
Even if SS and co could be talked into selling us, it would cost more than our club is worth, leaving Dangote with little to invest. And then FFP comes into effect. We've lost money in the last 2 seasons, and can only spend what we've earned and that means spending nothing.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

mapleleafgooner 15 January, 2020 00:06
Another Nigerian scam?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net