Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Aubameyang to miss 3 games.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 11 January, 2020 16:09
Aubameyang to miss 3 games.
Boston Gooner 11 January, 2020 16:09
Gunners skipper will miss Arsenal's Premier League fixtures against Sheffield United at home and the trip to Chelsea.

He will also sit out the FA Cup fourth round tie against Bournemouth,

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Aubameyang to miss 3 games.
Boston Gooner 11 January, 2020 16:39
Mikel Arteta apologises for 'nasty' Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang tackle on Max Meyer.

Arteta: "It looked nasty to be fair - knowing Auba there is no intention to make that tackle - hopefully the player hasn't been injured. Sorry for that

MattySadler 11 January, 2020 17:21
Don't doubt that there was no intention but it was stupid.

Got to find the right attacking balance now. Shame we're doing that with Aubameyang suspended and Lacazette available, and not the other way around.

AJ The Gunner 11 January, 2020 19:57
Not what we need now.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

mapleleafgooner 11 January, 2020 22:41
Opportunity for Martellini to shine.

Merlion96 11 January, 2020 23:27
A taste of life without Auba for 2020/21 season.

Over to Martinelli, Saka and Nelson … perhaps even Nketiah?

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

SuperRob 12 January, 2020 00:51
We're @#$%&. Need 3 nil nils.

Merlion96 12 January, 2020 03:18
Try to look for the silver lining … perhaps Lacazette will pass the ball better without Auba as his no. 1 choice?

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

CazOnARola 12 January, 2020 03:22
We can rely on at least one goal from kolas run in the next, 3 games, have to find 2 more goals from somewhere. That will give us a chance to win. Chelsea at the bridge is as good as 3 points dropped off Torreira doesn't recover.

Padre Pio 12 January, 2020 10:46
Watched MotD last night Danny Murphy said Auba was unlucky to be sent off, he said slow motion made it look far worse than it was. Once again VAR delivers a shite verdict for us.
If this goes on much longer Im getting Eduardo back

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred 12 January, 2020 10:51
Apart from that Penalty with Norwich, was that the encroachment law after the penalty had been saved? when has VAR actually given us a decision this season?

MickTheMan 12 January, 2020 11:16
I'd expect a red for that kind of reckless tackle against us as well. Maybe not a 3 game ban because "hes not that kind of player" but still. It was plain stupid and could have resulted in a serious injury. Studs showed and above the ankle. Nowhere near the ball. Having said that i still cant understand how Sons red on Gomes was overruled but it's a different matter.

It will be interesting to see if Martinell will step up and offer as much as Auba from the wing. Fingers crossed.

Padre Pio 12 January, 2020 12:07
I think the ref's original decision was right.
VAR is shite

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner 15 January, 2020 14:52
Aubameyang red card appeal decision confirmed.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set to serve a three-match suspension following his red card at Crystal Palace, after an appeal from Arsenal was rejected.

The Arsenal captain was sent off in the 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park following a challenge on Palace midfielder Max Meyer, with a red card being shown to the Gabon international following a VAR review, after Aubameyang was initially shown a yellow card by referee Paul Tierney.

His dismissal meant Aubameyang was facing a three-game suspension, which would see him miss the Premier League fixtures against Sheffield United and Chelsea, and an FA Cup tie against Bournemouth.

Arsenal appealed the decision, but they have failed to get the red card overturned.

Was never going to get it overturned.

goonerred 15 January, 2020 15:03
I agree. They guy's lower leg bent on contact, it could have broken his leg. I though they added a game if the appeal was unsuccessful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net