Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Watching Football on TV
Discussion started by goonerred , 03 December, 2019 18:02
Watching Football on TV
goonerred 03 December, 2019 18:02
Now that Prime Amazon have got all of these midweek matches and some Boxing Day matches, I wonder which football channels you subscribe to. You need SKY, BT Sports and Prime to watch all of the matches. How much does it cost to have all 3?

Re: Watching Football on TV
SandyB 03 December, 2019 20:21
I subscribed to NBC Sports Gold which telecast 130 matches live for US$50 for the whole season and delayed telecast of all PL games here in US. The caveat is mostly all 130 games are not top tier games say Liverpool, City are playing at the same time with Arsenal then they won't telecast Liverpool or City games on Gold. Now that Arsenal is no longer top tier club I can watch Arsenal games most of the time live on gold also I've a sling blue subscription for cheap US$29 which covers NBC sports so I can see prime time games on it. It covers most of the important games for me but still there are times there are games which are neither on NBC Sports or NBC Sports Gold live.
I do have amazon prime subscription currently but never watched sports on prime that's for family to watch movies and series.
This whole TV broadcast thingy is a scam to suck you up as much as they want. Don't fall for it.

Padre Pio 03 December, 2019 20:34
You are now paying three times as much as what you had when only one channel had football.
Feck off Amazon, Sky and BT

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner 03 December, 2019 20:49
Amazon is crap.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

goonerred 04 December, 2019 13:51
Quote:
Padre Pio
You are now paying three times as much as what you had when only one channel had football.
Feck off Amazon, Sky and BT

mapleleafgooner 05 December, 2019 00:38
I used to be able to watch selected EPL games on Saturdays but this season, all EPL games are shown on a paid channel. With the state of Arsenal, I chose to save my money and not subscribe to the paid channel.

goonerred 05 December, 2019 08:35
Also, what is this crappy KO off time of 8.15pm and split KO off times by 45 mins? It must be just to make sure they get more subscribers.

Bergmars 05 December, 2019 09:00
Football is going to commit suicide people are disillusioned with the establishment ringing more and more money out of them and unsociable kick off times.To then see your hard earned given to a player who cant be arsed on 350 thou a week just makes me reach for the off button.

Under new managment

goonerred 05 December, 2019 09:10
Quote:
Bergmars
Football is going to commit suicide people are disillusioned with the establishment ringing more and more money out of them and unsociable kick off times.To then see your hard earned given to a player who cant be arsed on 350 thou a week just makes me reach for the off button.
I've been thinking that for a while now, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to numbers buying tickets or subscriptions to watch football.

Ares 05 December, 2019 10:04
Now that I've been priced out.

I find other things more interesting now.

The womens cage fighting in the straw weight division is good value.

Padre Pio 05 December, 2019 10:47
Hows monster trucks on ice roads going?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Trent2000 05 December, 2019 14:05
Pretty easy find a streaming company and join, they show most games and other sporting events.

24/7 sporting events search will reveal a lot of choices.

Gooner Sod 05 December, 2019 15:22
Quote:
Trent2000
Pretty easy find a streaming company and join, they show most games and other sporting events.
24/7 sporting events search will reveal a lot of choices.

Exactly, people just like to complain. If you're unwilling to pay, then vote with your feet.

There are plenty of streaming sites offering all big sports events in HD for like £3 a month. Its only the super big stuff like AJ boxing fight or Man Utd v City where you may run into problems with reliability. Thats the way to go, use it under a VPN and you'll run into 0 legal issues with broadband companies.

Me personally, i got a NowTV deal at start of season where i paid £200 for SkySports pass for 10 months which covered whole season. I thought it was decent value based on how often i watch the channel.

All the other games i stream in HD by paying a minimal fee & do not feel guilty.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

Ares 05 December, 2019 17:07
Quote:
Padre Pio
Hows monster trucks on ice roads going?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tbh I do enjoy a good tear-up.

Zhang the chinese girl. They should make it illegal to rain elbows on the back and side of your opponents head and make it illegal to punch down on some one who is clearly not able to protect themselves or compete any longer.

Jessica does herself no favors walking face first into punches (like youknowwho). To her credit when she put that other girl (smiling blondie) to sleep with that big right hook to the base + angle of the mandible she stopped there... that girl was fast asleep on her feet at that point.

Zhang was allowed to hold Jess and keep smacking her about the head when it was obvious she did not know where she was. All those punches to the face after she let her go and she was staggering back with her arms down (she would have fallen out the ring if the wall hadn't been there)... all of those hits were unneccessary.

Kind of like Adam Price (The leader of Plaid Cwyru) chucking grenade after grenade at Richard Burgon (Labour man for Leeds East and Leeds United Supporter) for Welsh Labour not running The health service in Wales with the same efficiency as The Scottish National Party led coalition government in Scotland... When a) The guy is a rep for The North of England not The Leader of Welsh Labour and b) The budget for the Welsh Labour Gov is Set by the Conservatives in Westminster / in Central Government aka The Government of The United Kingdom and c) This: [www.channel4.com].

They should start stopping fights when by their own rules: a contestant is unable to protect themselves.

Worth noting in the itv debate Nicola Sturgeon Leader of The SNP in Scotland stepped in, to speak in defense of Labour stating EVERY health service has been ruthlessly underfunded by the Conservatives. In the BBC Question Time Leaders Debate a couple of weeks ago she actually asked a member of the audience who has some experience of the opiod crisis Scotland is facing to help them with the creative solutions they're looking at to work around the fact they have no money to properly fund drug rehabilitation services... despite Scotland having the highest concentration and the highest proportion of opiod related illnesses in all of the United Kingdom.

Against Rose, Jessica stopped when she got her on the canvas. That was a clean victory. Rose wriggling about with the same application with which she successfully finangled her way out of a couple of title defenses... and getting taken down anyway was just deserts.

3 champions in 1 year. And 2 title changes in 1 year.

It will be interesting to see how Zhang fares against a counter puncher / kicker/ grappler... outside her home town.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2019 18:58 by Ares.

Ares 05 December, 2019 17:54
In case it isn't incredibly obvious.

Politics right now, in the United Kingdom is more interesting (and more entertaining) than the actual game of football.

Padre Pio 05 December, 2019 17:55
Thanks to that bl**dy lot I have to especially order prescriptions and sign for them as controlled drugs. Load of hassle

weedz 05 December, 2019 19:44
On the other side of our rock I subscribe to Vodsfone to score A Sky feed of the CL, Euro league, La lega, Seri A, Bundaslegue, FA cup and league cup. The cost in £s is about £60/mth. And then subscribe to Spark for the EPL at about £5 a week.
So for a big live sports coverage I pay about £80.00 a mth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net