Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ljungberg planning Arsene Wenger chat ahead of his first home game.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 03 December, 2019 15:32
Ljungberg planning Arsene Wenger chat ahead of his first home game.
Boston Gooner 03 December, 2019 15:32
The interim boss insists speaking to Wenger, who was Arsenal boss for 22 years and coached Ljungberg during his time in north London, is among the things he plans to do.

Ljungberg said: "I really would like to speak to [Wenger]. I haven't spoken to him, it's been a bit hectic, but that's on my list."

The Swede says he is also planning on getting advice from compatriot Sven-Goran Eriksson.

I'm not really sure that he knows what he's doing.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Ljungberg planning Arsene Wenger chat ahead of his first home game.
Padre Pio 03 December, 2019 15:46
Oh no

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred 03 December, 2019 16:31
Oh dear.

Boston Gooner 03 December, 2019 16:35
Do you think he will contact De Times.

younghansolo 03 December, 2019 17:08
We her knows more about football than 95% of people o on the planet. I'd definitely want to speak with him.

SandyB 03 December, 2019 20:02
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Likely, after chatting with Wenger. (Sm6)

Boston Gooner 03 December, 2019 20:08
Quote:
younghansolo
We her knows more about football than 95% of people o on the planet. I'd definitely want to speak with him.

Didn't help him did it.
Wenger is outdated.

Padre Pio 03 December, 2019 20:16
Quote:
Boston Gooner
(Sm22)
(Sm22) (Sm22)

(Sm22)
(Sm22)

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Kalela 04 December, 2019 02:03
Quote:
Boston Gooner

So far it looks that way. I hope I am wrong though.

Padre Pio 04 December, 2019 09:33
Quote:
Kalela
Quote:
Boston Gooner

So far it looks that way. I hope I am wrong though.

So far at this time being less than a week

BootyDaddy 04 December, 2019 10:17
Yeah but playing Mustafi and Luiz together to defend your goal is as bad as letting Saville and Glitter babysit your kids.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Padre Pio 04 December, 2019 13:05
Holding is still recovering from injury, so he's got Sokratis as an alternative. Luiz is a midfielder/defender.
He hardly has the crown jewels to pick from

Merlion96 04 December, 2019 13:33
Okay, let's wait for tomorrow home game.

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

goonerred 04 December, 2019 13:59
Surely, Ljungberg was only meant to be an interim manager, meaning - get someone in asap. Because Ole and Lampard are now managers at the clubs they played for and were revered,( but both Ole and Lampard have had previous experience of managing a club) somehow Ljunberg is being viewed in that light. This could be detrimental to his managerial career ahead. I thought that about Lampard though and he's doing OK, it could still all fall apart from him though. Although not his playing club, Gerrard is doing well at Rangers after only managing the under 18s at Liverpool.

In other words, anything could happen. Tomorrow night will be very interesting!

CazOnARola 04 December, 2019 14:26
Watched the interview just now, the headline is stupid.

They asked him both the studios on speaking to Wendger or sven he just politely replied that yes hopefully I'll speak to them soon. The headline makes it sound like lyunberg is asking for advice which is clearly not the case, he hasn't spoken to sven for seven years as part what he said. And the journo was asking him if he would call up sven, what rubbish line of question is that? Are they expecting freddie to say yes ill be going him for advice or rudely say "no, i dont need to speak to anyone".

He talked about transitions and about some players being slower, quicker etc (hinting you can only work with what you have) but you can definitely put a structure in place.

That is the most interesting part. Willock might start, and id agree to an extent as we need some more energy in midfield.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net