Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Match against brighton - Let's move on to our first home win for a long time
Discussion started by Merlion96 , 02 December, 2019 10:57
Match against brighton - Let's move on to our first home win for a long time
Merlion96 02 December, 2019 10:57
All water beneath the bridge.

Looking forward eagerly against Brighton and all enthusiasm that Freddie will get the defence sorted out and put steel back into midfield.

….. …… ….. …… ….. …… Leno

… Bellerin … Chambers … Luiz … Tierney

….. Willock ….. ….. Torreira ….. ….. Guendouzi

… Pepe ….. ….. Aubameyang ….. ….. Ozil

Freddie must be brave and play 4-3-3 to attack Brighton with both Pepe and Ozil at the flank to drag Brighton defence out of shape and given the licence to cut in.

Front-3 is given licence to interchange with Ozil operating behind them when both Pepe-Auba cuts into the centre.

Torreira is the key as the DCM with both Willock and Guendouzi playing ahead of him as the destroyer and performing high press against ball carriers in the middle.

The movement of Auba and Ozil should create space for Pepe to do his magic and must be astute enough to find the channels created by them. Pepe must has the confidence to shoot on sight.

If Pepe is still not ready, then Martinelli should start as right-side forward with his hunger and tactical awareness to pass, cross and shoot.

Learn from Norwich mishaps and imbued confidence into the team to attack incessantly with a more composed and coordinated Back-4 and steel in midfield.

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

Re: Match against brighton - Let's move on to our first home win for a long time
CazOnARola 02 December, 2019 15:27
Xhaka will play. His play was better in the last game compared to all other CMs. Also pepe won't get any game time until he "improves" in training. Looks like freddie s taken a leaf out of emery s book.

Sokratis is better defensively than luiz

Re: Match against brighton - Let's move on to our first home win for a long time
Gooner Sod 02 December, 2019 17:20
Time to drop David Luiz if we dont want to play him in midfield. He's the only constant in that defence all season so he must be a massive problem.

I think Chambers and Sokratis will do. Sokratis is okay if he doesnt have to play it out the back. We always lose to ball doing it so we really need to stop.
Leno is skillful enough to play accurate intelligent goal kicks to the wide areas where we are more likely to win the second if not first ball. Man City do it with Ederson regularly.

Attacking wise, we need pace in the team. I'd drop Ozil and play Martinelli and Pepe on wings with Auba up front. Xhaka has to play, he's the only midfielder smart enough to actually not run out of position and he's also the best at creating attacks. He just needs to focus for 90mins.

I really hope we win this one or else Freddie should pack his bags along with most of the players in January.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

younghansolo 02 December, 2019 21:59
Our midfield looks invisible

mapleleafgooner 03 December, 2019 10:57
If Luiz must play, play him as DM. If Holding is available, pair him with Chambers at CD. BHA is no gimme as they are a team of fighters.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net