Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Torreira
Discussion started by Gunnersingh1 , 01 December, 2019 16:09
Torreira
Gunnersingh1 01 December, 2019 16:09
Just sell him in Jan

I've never seen a midfielder who hides from the ball as much as he does and when he doea have it he just passes backwards and sidewards.

He's probably still highly rated in Italy. He will never make it in England!

Re: Torreira
Merlion96 01 December, 2019 16:35
Oh, you are talking about Joe Willock.

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

Boston Gooner 01 December, 2019 16:49
Quote:
Merlion96

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

CazOnARola 01 December, 2019 17:08
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Merlion96
Xhaka was the best midfielders in terms of moving it forward. Shows what's the state of the squad

Flava 01 December, 2019 19:47
He was on for about 20 minutes. Made a good interception and had a decent block later on. I don’t remember him being particularly bad

MattySadler 01 December, 2019 20:29
Quote:
Flava
He was on for about 20 minutes. Made a good interception and had a decent block later on. I don’t remember him being particularly bad

Fella has had a rotten 2019 after starting off pretty well for us. Something is up and it needs resolving. Was it Emery or is there a bigger problem?

SandyB 03 December, 2019 20:33
He's short structured technical engine player, he would fit well in a 3 or 4 men MF along side a tough DM and a playmaker. The problem is we neither have both.

Padre Pio 03 December, 2019 20:35
He was tapped up halfway through last season.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

BootyDaddy 04 December, 2019 08:51
He had a really good spell last season. Arsenal fans were singing his praises and he was linked with some big clubs.

He's not a bad player, he just needs a top manager to get his confidence back and give him some direction.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gunnersingh1 05 December, 2019 22:14
He's f ucking shite!

Flava 05 December, 2019 22:28
You can put Özil in with that as well. 5 games he’s been back and done f.uck all

Boston Gooner 05 December, 2019 22:33
Quote:
Flava
You can put Özil in with that as well. 5 games he’s been back and done f.uck all

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

kreddie16 05 December, 2019 22:34
If we're going to play someone short, you need a beast next to him.

kreddie16 05 December, 2019 22:35
Ozil should never have outlasted Wenger, let alone started today.

Gunnersingh1 05 December, 2019 23:06
What do people expect from Ozil?

He's playing in a side with zero movement ahead of him and no ball players in midfield. Playing him on the left is the biggest waste of time ever!

kreddie16 05 December, 2019 23:17
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
He's playing in a side with zero movement ahead of him and no ball players in midfield. Playing him on the left is the biggest waste of time ever!

When Ozil was at Real Madrid he actually ran past players. This Wenger version needs to go.

SuperRob 05 December, 2019 23:35
Quote:
kreddie16
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

When Ozil was at Real Madrid he actually ran past players. This Wenger version needs to go.

For 350k a week, I expect him to do one or more of the following.
1) dictate the play (like cesc)
2) score goals (like Ramsey)
3) provide assists (like ozil from 4 years ago)

If he can't do any of those because the players around him aren't good enough, then he isn't worth having in the team. Players worth having do their job regardless of who else is around them.

And saying blaming the forwards for his lack of assists when he has £180m worth of talent, including the leagues top scorer from last season in front of him, seems a little bit of a stretch.

Ares 06 December, 2019 00:13
Re: Ozil

never needed to sign him

sell / release immediately

Gunnersingh1 06 December, 2019 00:43
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
kreddie16
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

If he can't do any of those because the players around him aren't good enough, then he isn't worth having in the team. Players worth having do their job regardless of who else is around them.

And saying blaming the forwards for his lack of assists when he has £180m worth of talent, including the leagues top scorer from last season in front of him, seems a little bit of a stretch.

1) Ozil has never been a player who dictates the play.
2) Ozil has 8 less goals for Arsenal than Ramsey in far less games!

I didn't realise Pepe had played the last 5 games...

Laca and Auba have been shite eith no movement at all, so how can Ozil be blamed i don't know!!

kreddie16 06 December, 2019 01:01
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
kreddie16
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

1) Ozil has never been a player who dictates the play.
2) Ozil has 8 less goals for Arsenal than Ramsey in far less games!

I didn't realise Pepe had played the last 5 games...

Laca and Auba have been shite eith no movement at all, so how can Ozil be blamed i don't know!!

You're not getting the point, You shouldn't be at Arsenal and definitely shouldn't be getting 350K for doing one job. Ramsey tackled, passed, scored, defended.
When we lose the ball Ozil -Nothing, when there's a corner against us Ozil nothing, tackles in the midfield nothing, one on one with the GK nothing. Obviously he will eventually get an assist if all he does is pass, all players expect it which makes it easy to read.

No one is blaming Ozil for him being shite, he just is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 13:21 by kreddie16.

Flava 06 December, 2019 17:58
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

Özil cult fanboy alert

Gunnersingh1 06 December, 2019 20:51
Yep lets ignore my points and go down the fan boy route...

kreddie16 06 December, 2019 23:32
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Yep lets ignore my points and go down the fan boy route...

As Arsenal fans we are complaining that this player is playing on the Wing.... this player..
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 23:35 by kreddie16.

MickTheMan 07 December, 2019 11:18
yep but this player is over 30 now. He gets no protection from the refs in PL. It seems that Arsenal suits him but English Football dont.

The thing is Ozil can be the worst player in a sh.t team and a best player in a good team. Whether hes worth 350k/w is a whole different matter.

For me it's just scapegoating right now. We said earlier on here when we were playing sh.t that Emery throws Ozil into the team before the sack to show that it will change nothing or that he is just desperate or was right to freeze him out etc. Ozil played a few games, didn't transform the team that was gobshite before and once again there is a Ozilsnotgoodenough bandwagon among the fans.

Ozil didnt take just 9 passes (!!!) whole game like Laca. Didnt go to take a @#$%& half way through the second half like Auba, didnt cover least amount of distance nor made a fatal error that lead to a goal.

If you expect a Stevie G moment from Ozil in a team like ours than you are in for a dissapointment.

kreddie16 07 December, 2019 11:28
If it's "scapegoating" I've been scapegoating him for 4 years, I can't believe we kept him instead of Alexis. He played all the games in our losing run at the end of last season and people still think he's useful on the pitch.

MickTheMan 07 December, 2019 11:43
If so then there is no need for me to try and change your view.. It was either him or no one back then mate. I think most fans wanted him to stay in those circumstances so he got as much as he wanted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net