Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

My first impression - Freddy is not the right candidate
Discussion started by Merlion96 , 01 December, 2019 16:07
My first impression - Freddy is not the right candidate
Merlion96 01 December, 2019 16:07
Vieira, like Henry, has a big EGO and is the wrong man at the wrong time to fix and rebuild Arsenal FC.
We need a new breed of manager like Arteta or Rodgers to rebuild Arsenal FC.
Forget about Rodgers.
He will be daft to abandon the Leicester City project with the owner backing him with transfer funds.
All he needs is to secure Top-4 finishes and Rodgers can afford to buy players to strengthen his 2020/21 team.

Only candidate left standing - Arteta.
Arteta is intelligent and being guided by a master.
Whereas Ljungberg has no such apprenticeship and my first impression is that he wouldn't cut it as a manager. He had a horrid audition in front of Sanllehi and Edu.

Sanllehi should appoint the new manager by December to allow him to buy the players he needed.
I am pretty sure when January transfer window, the newly-appointed manager will has no excuse not to know who he needed to buy to strengthen the team.

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

Re: My first impression - Freddy is not the right candidate
Merlion96 01 December, 2019 16:24
One said: “Anyone here already trending #FreddieOut”.
Another added: “It has started... #freddieout”.
A third explained: “Useless defence, useless clob. #FreddieOut”.
Another said: “We need a proper manager none of this sentimental@#$%&because he played for us. Go get a proper proven world class manager @Arsenal #FreddieOut”.

A fifth exclaimed: “Terrible line-up. #freddieout”.
Ahead of the match Ljungberg was given the full backing of Arsenal director Josh Kroenke.
He explained: “First and foremost Freddie has Arsenal DNA.
“Obviously he was a player here for a number of years, the supporters know him very well and he's worked diligently behind the scenes for the past several years, including the last year and a half or so with Arsenal again.

[www.express.co.uk]

Freddie took a gamble and it blew full-time in his face.

Again, he is biased against Torreira, his one and only bona fide DCM in the entire team.
WTF dropped him and played his lovechild in Willock who let him down big-time and never stepped up to be counted?

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

Trent2000 01 December, 2019 16:25
Nope, he is staying till the end of the season. After that, lets see what he has done, why panic now?The season for sure is over for top 4 and we need to adjust and look at the Europa League as the priority.

With the defenders we have and the waste of 70M on Pepe, no real short term cure till the summer.

Merlion96 01 December, 2019 16:30
In fact, I still retain a faint hope that Top-4 is still achievable and we need to string together a run … starting against Brighton.
All I ask is that he motivated the players to play the best they can and start culling the herd during January and moves those players that had stopped playing for Arsenal FC.

And it is not too late to appoint Arteta in December and allow him to buy the players he needed in January.

I would rather gamble with Arteta than with Freddie till end of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 16:33 by Merlion96.

mapleleafgooner 01 December, 2019 17:55
By himself, Freddie cant rescue Arsenal. But with the right coaching help, it is possible. Freddie just need to bring in the right help to do so. In our situation, need to think outside the box.

Lewis_198four 02 December, 2019 17:51
That’s right mate it’s desperation

AFC
RULE!

SandyB 02 December, 2019 22:50
Not sure if Freddy is the right guy or not but overall agree the situation isn’t the right time for this kinda experiment, it doesn’t bring confidence to anyone. I think give him maximum 3 games if results are not in favor bring someone proper not Arteta too. Couple of weeks back I wasn’t in favor of Pochettino but now actually I don’t mind him, considering his experience of bringing young players to the rank. Need to bring in a manager who can attract players.

CazOnARola 03 December, 2019 02:10
They will bring someone in cause the results would have been disastrous by the time the whistle blows for the man utd game. So freddie wont be in charge by jan.
It will be very surprising if we take any points at all from. City, Bournemouth, everton, chelsea games.

goonerred 03 December, 2019 06:46
My first reaction was to say 'Give him a chance', but I said that about Emery...

We are well and truly on the manager-go-round now.

Lewis_198four 03 December, 2019 12:24
He comes from Senegal
😉

AFC
RULE!

CazOnARola 04 December, 2019 14:33
He needs time. In his interview he said that norwich didn't really need to play football, they just sprinted 80 yards to score and we need to stop that.

Offensively we threatened more than we did throughout the season as per the stats, and i myself would probably agree with that observation by freddie.

Yes he may not be the next manager in all likelihood but for God s sake the back the team. The probability of getting a good amount of points in dec is already low. We should just back the team and wait for what happens next rather criticize someone who's been involved in high level football in his lifetime more than any one of us and has had literally two training sessions to work with players till now, with many of them being rested / injured.

Merlion96 06 December, 2019 05:27
When will be our 1st win of the season with Freddie or never?

CazOnARola 06 December, 2019 08:00
We will probably not win a PL game under freddie as things stand. His only win may come against liege.

Everton have sacked silva as well. So there will now be a rush to get the next manager mid season

Merlion96 06 December, 2019 10:46
I don't even think he can beat Liege away with his clueless tactic and organisational ability.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net