Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Poll: Leicester City
Discussion started by Flava , 07 November, 2019 19:40
Poll: Leicester City
Flava 07 November, 2019 19:40

Would you take a 4:0 hammering on Saturday if it meant Emery being sacked?

Yes
No
Don’t know

You must be logged in to vote.

22 Votes

Show results

Are you Emery in or Emery out?

Re: Poll: Leicester City
Gooner Sod 07 November, 2019 19:46
Its complicated. Obviously i'm an Arsenal fan and would never want them to lose. So i'd rather a win as that will give the team a massive lift and put us right back in position.

But i'd take a loss and Emery sacked over a lucky draw where we get lucky and continue to slide down the table under the manager.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

Bergmars 07 November, 2019 19:46
I don’t accept defeat full stop

Under new managment

tigerline 07 November, 2019 19:53
I choose to elect the pain and associated risks of surgical removal in the hopes of saving the life of the patient.

MickTheMan 07 November, 2019 21:02
I will predict our loss but i dont want us to lose. Ever.

AJ The Gunner 08 November, 2019 04:02
i want Emery gone BUT not at the expense of loosing so my answer is Hell NO

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Flava 08 November, 2019 07:09
I’d take an L if it meant he was sacked

younghansolo 08 November, 2019 09:18
The ideal compromise is probably they have 100 shots but we win 1-0 and then he gets sacked.

MattySadler 08 November, 2019 09:18
Normally I'd never ever say I want us to lose a game but something needs to happen here.

All the optimism from a pretty good summer transfer window has disappeared and we are in a mess yet again.

Flava 08 November, 2019 17:52
I can’t see it improving.

My preferred option is we batter them and Emery turns it around

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 19:20 by Flava.

Ares 08 November, 2019 18:48
Very Grabbable Away Win Tomorrow.

Bergmars 08 November, 2019 20:21
Quote:
Flava
Love him to sort things but I believe hes lost a lot of players backing

Under new managment

Flava 08 November, 2019 21:10
Quote:
Bergmars
Quote:
Flava

It seems that way, doesn’t it?

Shame because he’s actually a decent bloke

plonky 08 November, 2019 21:20
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Bergmars
Quote:
Flava

It seems that way, doesn’t it?

Shame because he’s actually a decent bloke

He speaks highly of you in his native Klingon.

Maj Ram Flava

Shane 08 November, 2019 22:16
Quote:
Bergmars

There was a report in midweek that the players mock him behind his back, which is unfortunate but kind of sums up the respect that the players have lost for him, if it's true.

SuperRob 08 November, 2019 23:35
The main problem is that the core of our team is very weak. The 2 centre backs and the centre midfielders are very average and have been for the last 4 or 5 years. Until that changes, it doesn't matter who the coach is, we will be an average side that won't be able to control games and will give away lots of chances.

That was the main reason I wanted wenger gone, to get a recruitment team in who would be better at identifying and signing players. I think we probably have that now based on the evidence of the last window, but to upgrade every area takes time. Saliba and a top quality Xhaka replacement and we'll be back on the right track.

I think Pepe will be a star and I'm happy he's playing for us, but I think a 70m centre midfielder probably would have made more of an impact in our team than a 70m winger. Hopefully we can do something in January and get Xhaka out the door.

Kalela 09 November, 2019 07:01
No. I don't hate Emery to the point where I want to see the team thrashed. Give him a better midfield and see how he does. Since Ceballos is injured and Xhaka may not be available due to what happened recently I hope Emery tries Chambers in midfield.

BootyDaddy 09 November, 2019 13:17
We could quite easily get beat by that many tonight anyway, so we may as well get rid of Emery while we're at it.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SuperRob 09 November, 2019 13:56
We should only get rid of emery if there is a good replacement available. If we're going to sack emery and put Freddie in charge, then I'd rather just wait until the end of the season. If someone like allegri is available and wants the job then we should do it before January.

But the margins are really small. If Pepe and Torreira start playing well and we get a few good results, the whole atmosphere can change.

BootyDaddy 09 November, 2019 14:04
^That's a big if though considering Emery's use of Pepe and Torreira this season has been shocking.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CazOnARola 09 November, 2019 15:34
Quote:
BootyDaddy
^That's a big if though considering Emery's use of Pepe and Torreira this season has been shocking.
He plays Torreira in the final cause ceballos and guendouzi have limited abilities in that area. I find Torreira s runs and positions much better than our outcry midfielders.

Guendouzi hasnt scored any at all. And he is playing all 3 because physically all of them are immobile barting guendouzi and he will find it difficult alone.

I can sympathize with emery considering our options at CM but then he should have just set us up deeper and played ozil/Aubameyang /Lacazette /pepe.

We would have amassed more points at least against the weaker teams if he hadn't frozen it ozil. This would have given us a head start to compete. We would have always struggled considering the quality of our midfield.

Joe willock can't play a crossfield ball accurately which even the midfielders of Crystal palace are able to do.

Emery has made it worse by having bizzare policies and selections.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net