Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Player Ratings vs. Liverpool
Discussion started by MattySadler , 30 October, 2019 22:00
Player Ratings vs. Liverpool
MattySadler 30 October, 2019 22:00
Martinez - 5. Conceded 5 but most of them were class finishes to be fair.

Bellerin - 6. Looked sharper. Can't be far off a league return now?
Mustafi - 5. Early OG pretty much sums up why he's now a reserve. Didn't really look comfortable.
Holding - 5. Not ready for a league return on this showing.
Kolasinac - 4. Just no good defensively. Hard to see him getting his spot back from Tierney.

Torreira - 6. Scored in an energetic performance. Will be pushing for a start in Xhaka's absence now.
Willock - 6. Wasn't having his best performance till Ozil went off and he was pushed further forward. Scored a worldie that should've been the winner.

Maitland-Niles - 7. Much better from him. Scored and was involved in other goals.
Ozil - 8. I'm not a fan of his anymore, but thought he showed genuine quality for the most part and was involved in a few of the goals. Surprisingly I wasn't happy he got subbed off either.
Saka - 6. Not his best but was always involved. Assisted Martinelli's second.

Martinelli - 7. Scored two and had a couple of chances to complete his hat trick, but conceded a penalty. Will be a star.

Subs:

Guendouzi - 5. Tried to put himself about.
Ceballos - 4. Frantic game and didn't really get up to pace.
Tierney - N/A. Not on long.

Enjoyed the game but was left feeling frustrated as we were unable to hang on to our multiple leads and then went out on penalties.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 21:09 by Padre Pio.

Re: Player Ratings vs. Liverpool
Gunnersingh1 30 October, 2019 22:30
Martinez was shocking. He should have saved a few of their goals.

Padre Pio 30 October, 2019 22:46
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

I have been thinking about him, and I cant help thinking he is not good enough to make the first team

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner 30 October, 2019 22:57
Martinez - 3.5

Bellerin - 4.5
Mustafi - 2
Holding - 3
Kolasinac - 3

Torreira - 4
Willock - 4 One extra for great goal.

Maitland-Niles - 6
Ozil - 8. Best player & subbed.
Saka - 4

Martinelli - 7

A much more experienced defence than Pools but you wouldn't have thought so.
Emery said it was agreed that Ozil would come off as not to tire him. (Sm22)

Not sure where we go from here.
Confidence must be shattered.
Nothing Emery does seems to make any sense.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

CazOnARola 31 October, 2019 01:28
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

I have been thinking about him, and I cant help thinking he is not good enough to make the first team

MattySadler 31 October, 2019 07:27
Thought Martinez should've done better with Origi's first for sure. Got a good hand to it.

MattySadler 31 October, 2019 07:30
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Martinez - 3.5
Bellerin - 4.5
Mustafi - 2
Holding - 3
Kolasinac - 3

Torreira - 4

Maitland-Niles - 6
Saka - 4

Martinelli - 7

Thought I was possibly being a tad generous when I was doing the ratings - this confirms it!

djarse 31 October, 2019 09:36
I didn't see the game so I can't comment, but generally speaking I find independent ratings more accurate than those of us Arsenal fans - whose views are often driven by the emotions of disappointment or elation. Sky News reckons:

Arsenal: Martinez (6), Bellerin (7), Holding (5), Mustafi (4), Kolasinac (5), Torreira (7), Willock (7), Maitland-Niles (7), Ozil (8), Saka (7), Martinelli (8).

Subs: Tierney (n/a), Guendouzi (6), Ceballos (4).

AJ The Gunner 31 October, 2019 09:58
The Keeper was 🙄 no comments

In spite of It all, my best moments in this basketball game was Willock's Screamer and that Ozil's assist.

As useless and inconsistent as Ozil is and can be, he should be getting one half match per game until he is SOLD. 92% pass rate, 44 touches and 1 assist in 65 minutes. There is simply no justification freezing him out. We can still use him until he is sold PERIOD!

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

CazOnARola 31 October, 2019 10:46
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
The Keeper was 🙄 no comments
In spite of It all, my best moments in this basketball game was Willock's Screamer and that Ozil's assist.

As useless and inconsistent as Ozil is and can be, he should be getting one half match per game until he is SOLD. 92% pass rate, 44 touches and 1 assist in 65 minutes. There is simply no justification freezing him out. We can still use him until he is sold PERIOD!
Overall passing of the team is so @#$%& that ozil can play 90min without putting in much effort and still come out better than most players.

But it will also make other players realize that emery is a push over. So this charade is set to continue.

MattySadler 31 October, 2019 17:32
Quote:
djarse
I didn't see the game so I can't comment, but generally speaking I find independent ratings more accurate than those of us Arsenal fans - whose views are often driven by the emotions of disappointment or elation. Sky News reckons:
Arsenal: Martinez (6), Bellerin (7), Holding (5), Mustafi (4), Kolasinac (5), Torreira (7), Willock (7), Maitland-Niles (7), Ozil (8), Saka (7), Martinelli (8).

Subs: Tierney (n/a), Guendouzi (6), Ceballos (4).

Not a million miles away from mine though!

Having had time to reflect I certainly feel I was too generous for Guendouzi and Ceballos.

SuperRob 31 October, 2019 19:56
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Martinez - 3.5
Bellerin - 4.5
Mustafi - 2
Holding - 3
Kolasinac - 3

Torreira - 4

Maitland-Niles - 6
Saka - 4

Martinelli - 7

Thought I was possibly being a tad generous when I was doing the ratings - this confirms it!

No i think these are too harsh, especially on the attackers and the two midfielders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net