Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Re: Team News & Bournemouth Match Thread
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 06 October, 2019 12:53
Boston Gooner 06 October, 2019 12:53
THE STATS
Arsenal have won all five of their home matches against Bournemouth in all competitions (four in the Premier League, one in the League Cup).

The only teams to play more away Premier League games at Arsenal than Bournemouth without winning a point (P4 W0 D0 L4) are Stoke City (10 games) and Burnley (6).

Both teams have scored in each of Bournemouth's seven Premier League games so far this season - only three teams have both scored and conceded in their first eight matches to a Premier League campaign (Derby 8 in 2000-01, Middlesbrough 9 in 2000-01 and Leicester 9 in 2015-16).

Bournemouth's Callum Wilson is looking to score in five consecutive league games for the first time since March 2014 when he was at Coventry. He's netted three goals in his four Premier League appearances against Arsenal.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could become the first Arsenal player to score as many as eight goals in the Gunners' first eight games to a Premier League season since Dennis Bergkamp in 1997-98.

Enjoy the game people.
Working at 2pm so having to record it.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 20:05 by Padre Pio.

Boston Gooner 06 October, 2019 13:00
Arsenal team to play Bournemouth:
Leno, Chambers, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Xhaka (C), Pepe, Ceballos, Saka, Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Tierney, Torreira, Maitland-Niles, Holding, Willock, Martinello

Boston Gooner 06 October, 2019 13:01
Bournemouth team to play Arsenal:
Ramsdale, Stacey, Ake, Steve Cook, Rico, Billing, Lerma, Harry Wilson, Solanke, King, Callum Wilson

Subs: Boruc, Francis, Surman, Groeneveld, Lewis Cook, Fraser, Kelly

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 13:08
Bournemouth clearly plan to exploit our defensive fragility with that forward line

SuperRob 06 October, 2019 13:54
Quote:
MattySadler
Bournemouth clearly plan to exploit our defensive fragility with that forward line

High risk high reward strategy. Can see this being a high scoring game. Could go either way. Need to get off to a strong start.

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 14:06
Agreed.

Auba fires wide. Great ball infield by Ceballos during the build up

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 14:09
Get in Luiz

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 14:20
Couple of times Guendouzi has been caught late

mapleleafgooner 06 October, 2019 14:21
Quote:
MattySadler
Couple of times Guendouzi has been caught late

Bcos he likes to hold on to the ball often longer than he should.

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 14:24
Surely that should be a penalty

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 14:29
Excellent from Kolasinac

hahanice 06 October, 2019 14:34
Given how bad the opposition has been we need another. This is the type of game we draw

MickTheMan aka grayfox 06 October, 2019 14:38
yeah we really should turn the tempo up in the last 10min of first half. We need another goal.

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 14:43
Tierney would have probably found pepe, great run at the far post

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 14:45
Bournemouth have been very poor. We have been average and haven't needed much yet. If they show up in the second half, we will need to improve as well.

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 14:48
Really comfortable shame we didn't score a few more as surely Bournemouth can't be that bad again in the second half.

mapleleafgooner 06 October, 2019 14:53
Lets see if Emery has the gumption to make changes in the 2nd half to improve our scoring.

tigerline 06 October, 2019 14:54
Quote:
CazOnARola
Bournemouth have been very poor. We have been average and haven't needed much yet. If they show up in the second half, we will need to improve as well.

Still waiting for us to show that killer instinct in the league to not only put teams away, but BLAST THEM and pad our decidedly average Goal Difference.

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 15:03
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
CazOnARola

Still waiting for us to show that killer instinct in the league to not only put teams away, but BLAST THEM and pad our decidedly average Goal Difference.
There is no question of killer instinct. We haven't really done anything like opening them up. Ww scored a soft goal and have pretty much played the same way from the first to 46th min without any urgency.

There is not much off the ball running and we are setup to soak the pressure and play on the counter in the second half.

So we are not planning to play on the front foot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 15:05 by CazOnARola.

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 15:08
Jeez should be 1-1

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 15:10
Wow how desperate is emery? Asked the team to park the bus in the second half. I glad I'm not paying 100 quids for this.
Strategy was all but over if Wilson just shoots instead of trying to be clever.

MickTheMan aka grayfox 06 October, 2019 15:10
We are bound to concede.

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 15:12
Hope Martinelli comes on soon.

hahanice 06 October, 2019 15:14
yup this one got away from us in a hurry. id be getting xhaka off for willock asap

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 15:16
Quote:
hahanice
yup this one got away from us in a hurry. id be getting xhaka off for willock asap
I don't think it's a pbm of personnel, we have been asked to play soaking in the second half instead of pressing high

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 15:18
Martinelli for saka most likely

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 15:19
Its Pepe. Good move considering where the game is going

MattySadler 06 October, 2019 15:20
Martinelli for Pepe.

Trent2000 06 October, 2019 15:23
Complete difference is that Liverpool or City would be up by 3 or more and we are struggling to even make the keeper make a save.

One good corner and we are fortunate to be up.

The tactics are completely wrong and we need something to change, how on earth is this team in third?

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 15:33
Quote:
Trent2000
Complete difference is that Liverpool or City would be up by 3 or more and we are struggling to even make the keeper make a save.
One good corner and we are fortunate to be up.

The tactics are completely wrong and we need something to change, how on earth is this team in third?
That's premier league quality for you. Tons of similarly strong mid table quality teams. One decent quality team with no motivation (spurs) and 2 great teams who have everything going for them.

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 15:41
Atrocious game of football. Torreira on to just see us through.

Trent2000 06 October, 2019 15:41
This is so boring to watch, sad to see playing a poor team and struggle to even put the game away.

Oh well, if 1 to 0 is our new way at home, then so be it.

I can not figure out any style of play we have, so glad I don't pay to watch this @#$%&.

AJ The Gunner 06 October, 2019 15:44
We are defending at home against Bournemouth!!!! Shocking

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Kalela 06 October, 2019 15:45
Emery has become too negative this season. That Torreira for Saka substitution didn't make any sense.

Trent2000 06 October, 2019 15:52
More than shocking, its embarrassing from where this team has been before.

We get fourth and Emery stays, we are doomed for years to come.

Kalela 06 October, 2019 15:58
The issue with this team is Xhaka in midfield. Team is always playing a player down. He adds nothing.

Gooner Sod 06 October, 2019 16:04
Don't know why everyone is moaning! City just lost at HOME to Wolves. Let's take the 3pts, the league is tough.

But yes it wasn't the best performance 2nd half. The team is clearly missing something in midfield and creatively. But we got the win and a clean sheet. 3rd in league (1pt behind City). We are in a great position.

Bellerin and Tierney should be fully back after the break which should make a difference. Onwards and upwards!

mapleleafgooner 06 October, 2019 16:11
Fans can start singing 1-0 to the Arsenal again.

hahanice 06 October, 2019 16:14
i wouldnt even rush bellerin back. chambers has been very good. Kolascinac pretty good too, but tierney might be another level.

its pretty telling that the kids are thrashing similar opposition away from home with ease. i think the difference is our slow, unathletic, laborous midfield

CazOnARola 06 October, 2019 16:53
Quote:
hahanice
i wouldnt even rush bellerin back. chambers has been very good. Kolascinac pretty good too, but tierney might be another level.
its pretty telling that the kids are thrashing similar opposition away from home with ease. i think the difference is our slow, unathletic, laborous midfield
The kids won't be thrashing anyone. We pressed a poor standard liege size and scored from turn overs or Tierney s brilliance.

I've said the same on the other thread the way we are setup, our threats are only going to come from our full backs.

Expect more of the same whenever Tierney is off the pitch. Bellerin is no longer an attacking threat,but now stable than AMN and faster than chambers

SuperRob 06 October, 2019 18:03
Quote:
CazOnARola
Wow how desperate is emery? Asked the team to park the bus in the second half. I glad I'm not paying 100 quids for this.

Doesn't sound like that was the plan. Sounds like he wanted them to have more possession and control the game.

Arsenal boss Unai Emery, speaking to BBC Sport: "I'm very happy with the result and the first half. We controlled the match and played with a high level, taking chances and scored from a corner. We also didn't concede chances to them and pressed well up the pitch.

"The second half we wanted to keep more of the ball, but they started pushing and maybe we lost our confidence and didn't do the work like we were in the first half."

CazOnARola 07 October, 2019 05:36
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
CazOnARola

Doesn't sound like that was the plan. Sounds like he wanted them to have more possession and control the game.

Arsenal boss Unai Emery, speaking to BBC Sport: "I'm very happy with the result and the first half. We controlled the match and played with a high level, taking chances and scored from a corner. We also didn't concede chances to them and pressed well up the pitch.

"The second half we wanted to keep more of the ball, but they started pushing and maybe we lost our confidence and didn't do the work like we were in the first half."
That is another way of saying "keep recycling the ball without trying to take chances" or "pass sideways".

When you have no purpose, it's difficult to play in the front foot. Bournemouth pressed us high and because we were just trying to pass sideways, we weren't a threat and just got camped in our half.

We were counter attacking much better last season. I just think emery is under a lot of pressure and so didn't ask to commit more men forward and just keep possession. Against a better side we would have drawn. Also if Wilson takes his chances, we draw the game. I'm ok with this strategy as long as it didn't yield clear cut chances like the one Wilson missed.

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net