Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

U23s vs. Wolves
Discussion started by MattySadler , 20 September, 2019 18:50
U23s vs. Wolves
MattySadler 20 September, 2019 18:50
--------------------Hein

Bellerin - Clarke - Mavropanos - Tierney

-----------Burton - McEneff

--Tormey - John-Jules - Coyle

-----------------Balogun

Game is live on the Wolves website. Was going to go myself as Telford is near but unfortunately I'm full of cold.

Re: U23s vs. Wolves
MattySadler 20 September, 2019 19:01
1-0 40 seconds in.

Balogun finishes from close range after being played in by John-Jules.

SuperRob 20 September, 2019 19:03
Is mavropanos playing because he's coming back from injury or is he an u23 regular?

MattySadler 20 September, 2019 19:18
Quote:
SuperRob
Is mavropanos playing because he's coming back from injury or is he an u23 regular?

Coming back from injury mate he didn't play any minutes in pre-season

Boston Gooner 20 September, 2019 21:53
Finished 2 - 2.

Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney both got an hours play before being subbed.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

MattySadler 21 September, 2019 06:23
Good for Bellerin, Tierney and Mavropanos to all get minutes. Hopefully see them back in a few weeks.

While Nketiah is scoring for fun at Leeds, John-Jules and Balogun give us a reminder of their quality.

New tip from me is 18 year old Harrison "Harry" Clarke. Signed as a quality passing midfielder from Ipswich in 2015 before being switched to CB. I've seen him a few times over the last few months and he's looked very good. Strong, tough tackler and brings the ball out well from the back.

CazOnARola 21 September, 2019 07:43
Do you think one of them will be on the bench for villa?
Probably not as emery did take off Kolasinac against Frankfurt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2019 07:45 by CazOnARola.

Kalela 21 September, 2019 23:16
Quote:
MattySadler
New tip from me is 18 year old Harrison "Harry" Clarke. Signed as a quality passing midfielder from Ipswich in 2015 before being switched to CB. I've seen him a few times over the last few months and he's looked very good. Strong, tough tackler and brings the ball out well from the back.

Clarke is good. I really like Mark McGuinness too. The club finally has some decent young center backs with potential coming through. If managed properly I won't be surprised if some of them make it to the first team. For attacking players Luke Plunge looks like a real talent. I was impressed with him right away after I saw him play. Same way I felt about Saka when I first saw him play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2019 23:18 by Kalela.

MattySadler 22 September, 2019 17:34
Quote:
CazOnARola
Do you think one of them will be on the bench for villa?
Probably not as emery did take off Kolasinac against Frankfurt.

Late response but no thought it would be too soon for them.

Given today's sending off we may see Bellerin hurried back...

MattySadler 24 September, 2019 07:00
Quote:
Kalela
Quote:
MattySadler

Clarke is good. I really like Mark McGuinness too. The club finally has some decent young center backs with potential coming through. If managed properly I won't be surprised if some of them make it to the first team. For attacking players Luke Plunge looks like a real talent. I was impressed with him right away after I saw him play. Same way I felt about Saka when I first saw him play.

Not seen as much of McGuinness but I really like Clarke. He could be even better than Ballard.

Interesting will keep an eye on Plunge thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net