Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

When the entire squad behaves like headless chickens ...
Discussion started by tigerline , 16 September, 2019 20:13
When the entire squad behaves like headless chickens ...
tigerline 16 September, 2019 20:13
it is on The Manager.

I do not think that we were lazy or uncommitted.
I think that we were confused as to what to do, how to play their roles, and, especially, how to adjust.

Sadly, I also do believe that we played scared.

Re: When the entire squad behaves like headless chickens ...
CazOnARola 17 September, 2019 03:16
Quote:
tigerline
it is on The Manager.
I do not think that we were lazy or uncommitted.
I think that we were confused as to what to do, how to play their roles, and, especially, how to adjust.

Sadly, I also do believe that we played scared.
You just need to watch emery s press conference. He himself makes it sound like watford were the Chelsea team with essien, ballack, Drogba.
To the question on paying out from the back, he says they were physical and we weren't winning the ball even when we play long. I completely disagree, we tried it not more than 5/6 times and we got the ball back at least 2/3 times. What else can you expect from long balls?

He also did that he told the players that watford will come hard in the second half and that they mtv to be prepared for that.

Our midfield took that as "stay 3 feet from the defense" and were literally too deep or too far ahead whenever they ventured forward.

Xhaka says we were scared to play our own game, and i think that stems from emery.

Bergmars 17 September, 2019 06:18
Alan Smith has said players saying they are confused and not sure of how Emery wants them to play.

Under new managment

CazOnARola 17 September, 2019 09:00
If he's whispering the same kind of english that he speaks in the press conference to the subs, its not really surprising that they would be confused. Plus there is no consistent selection against the weaker teams. Only teams where you need to adapt to accomodate for opposition strength is when u are playing liverpool city or playing spurs united or chelsea away from home.

U cannot change ur midfield/forwards, formation every single match. There is no consistency at all for players to get any sort of rhythm or understanding with their partners

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net