Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Guendouzi
Discussion started by Bergmars , 02 September, 2019 21:33
Guendouzi
Bergmars 02 September, 2019 21:33
called up to French squad well deserved like his game and attitude bet he even beats Luiz to the hair dryer

Under new managment

Re: Guendouzi
Gooner Sod 02 September, 2019 23:41
He was the best player on the pitch yesterday. Which is saying a lot with all the talent on show. First midfield player on the team sheet now.

Well deserved call up young man, keep it up! and hope his contract his long as we'll have some teams sniffing around end of season.

litmus 03 September, 2019 04:34
Agreed, bet many can't believe this slightly built 20-year old with frizzy hair totally bossed the middle of the park yesterday. Kept the ball well, wanted the ball, drove forward and won tackles. Great engine. You can see his bravery and confidence yesterday.

Was the best player on the pitch for both sides yesterday, and that tells you all you need to know about this kid's potential. He replaces Pogba in the French team, it will be interesting when we play Man U.

He has really come on this season. We need to fast-track the improved contract talks and put a 100 mil buy out clause on him now.

MattySadler 03 September, 2019 06:37
Great for him what a talent

BootyDaddy 03 September, 2019 11:59
I know he's young but he does need to start performing on a more consistent basis. Despite a good showing at the weekend, his form to date could quite possibly mean that he plays w.ank in the next game.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Boston Gooner 03 September, 2019 14:47
Quote:
BootyDaddy
I know he's young but he does need to start performing on a more consistent basis. Despite a good showing at the weekend, his form to date could quite possibly mean that he plays w.ank in the next game.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Gunnersingh1 04 September, 2019 09:42
Compared to most of our players, he has been consistant.

I don't get why Guendouzi is not rated on here?

djarse 04 September, 2019 10:59
I rate him !

I think he has a prodigious workrate and engine, and increasingly he shows greater maturity in his choices of passes and positioning.

Still not the finished article - he is only 20 so no surprise there. But I can't see why he shouldn't get better and better and become a top midfielder in Europe eventually.

Merlion96 04 September, 2019 11:50
Hate to say it.
But more and more, he is being to cover the pitch like a young Vieira.

Now, if we only have a "Petit" or "Gilberto" to work in tandem with him.

We may move Torreira in the summer to phase in Willock-Guendouzi as the new "Petit-Vieira" pairing.

With all the smoke, there is a fire that Torreira is not setting in well and looking forward to play in the Mediterranean climate.

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

Willy 04 September, 2019 16:13
He doesn't have the tackling or skill of Vieira, but he's dynamic at least. He has a good relationship with the strikers, compliments Ceballos well. Looking the best option over Xhaka or Torreira at the moment

BootyDaddy 05 September, 2019 09:59
Gs, I don't think people are saying they don't rate him, more so that he has to start doing it on a more consistent basis.

It's no good him bossing the midfield one week and then him may not even be on the pitch the new two.

Stephen Hughes looked half decent every now and again back in the day as well.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

younghansolo 09 September, 2019 22:01
And Lacazette still can't get selected. Deschamps is like domenech, despises certain players.

CazOnARola 10 September, 2019 11:50
Better for us. I don't care and france. The more non internationals, the better. Esp with our injury record in the past decade. Tired of players getting crocked on meaningless international games

Kalela 10 September, 2019 22:32
What is the point of calling players for their first cap and then not playing them? That is a major diick move if you ask him. Deschamps comes across as a pos.

litmus 11 September, 2019 03:38
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Gs, I don't think people are saying they don't rate him, more so that he has to start doing it on a more consistent basis.
It's no good him bossing the midfield one week and then him may not even be on the pitch the new two.

Stephen Hughes looked half decent every now and again back in the day as well.

That comment made it sound like Stephen Hughes was a generally bad player. I thought he was more than decent. Of course he was competing with Vieira, Petit and Parlour in our midfield. He did score some good and important goals if I remember correctly. A solid, useful player. Quite liked the lad.

There are some similarities with Guendozi but Hughes had more of a goal threat going forward. Remember the chant "there's only one Hughes in London" that our fans sang when he scored both goals against Chelsea?

BootyDaddy 12 September, 2019 13:39
Oh I'm not knocking Hughes per say, as like you said he had some decent performances and I actually quite liked him at the time, much like Guendouzi hence the comparison. But he didn't do it on a regular enough basis and evidently wasn't good enough for that era and was eventually moved on.

The player I remember hating as a kid as he totally f.ucking useless was Ian Selley. I couldn't believe how s.hit he was yet he somehow kept finding his way into the team.

I recall hating him so much that I was actually glad when he broke his leg as it meant he'd no longer be polluting the pitch. Something I'd hopefully never feel now, but I was a lot more narcissistic as a kid.

Padre Pio 12 September, 2019 19:09
Hughes was a decent squad player, now and then scored a wicked goal, but it wasnt that often, four in total. The highlight of his career was Coventry where he was made club captain. So he did a lot better than some woulds be's we have had on the books.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Gunnersingh1 22 September, 2019 18:30
His will power was fantastic to see today.

Gooner Sod 22 September, 2019 19:58
Him and Luiz are the only leaders we have.

He seems to play better when we are chasing the game, was excellent 2nd half vs Spurs too. He takes on the responsibility and drives the team on. Whereas other players will hide and make the simple pass.

SuperRob 22 September, 2019 20:44
The subs changed the game by injecting a load of energy and Guendouzi came out of his shell when Xhaka went off.

Luiz is not a leader, he may shout at people occasionally, but leaders do it by example like Guendouzi and aubameyang did in the second half.

Gooner Sod 22 September, 2019 22:53
Luiz led Chelsea to two league titles. So he's a leader that makes the occasional error haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2019 22:53 by Gooner Sod.

SuperRob 22 September, 2019 23:18
He's only won the league once, and to say he led them to the title when the team included Diego Costa and ngolo kante is a bit of a stretch.

He's always out of position. For both goals today he was. He makes awful decisions on whether to engage the attacker or back off and he loses his head and does stupid things like giving away penalties. The errors are at mustafi levels so far for arsenal regardless of what he did for Chelsea.

Our defence will improve if he's not playing.

Boston Gooner 22 September, 2019 23:32
Thought Guendouzi was our best player today.
But he isn't no captain.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

MattySadler 23 September, 2019 07:50
Quote:
Gooner Sod
He seems to play better when we are chasing the game, was excellent 2nd half vs Spurs too. He takes on the responsibility and drives the team on. Whereas other players will hide and make the simple pass.

This is the best bit about him for me - his personality and character.

Always had a soft spot for players who aren't afraid to put themselves out there and take risks to try and win.

Too many of our players over the last few years hide, and losing doesn't hurt them enough.

Did you see Guendouzi's face after they scored their second? Looked like he was about to break down in tears!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net