Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Xhaka.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 01 September, 2019 17:29
Xhaka.
Boston Gooner 01 September, 2019 17:29
Seriously if anyone likes this useless piece of shite please tell me why ?

https://i.postimg.cc/d0rxvKgV/15683271921485193192462576134714.png

Re: Xhaka.
Shane 01 September, 2019 17:30
You spelt PK wrong mate.

Boston Gooner 01 September, 2019 17:32
Quote:
Shane
You spelt PK wrong mate.
😂

Gooner Sod 01 September, 2019 17:33
I don't mind him but very hard to defend him with stuff like that. We definitely can't afford a player that does that in the team.

Boston Gooner 01 September, 2019 17:33
Sky Sports pundit Neville didn't hold back in a damning assessment of the Swiss international.

He said: “[It's] absolute madness from Xhaka. He does it week in, week out. Season after season. He doesn’t seem to learn.”

goonerred 01 September, 2019 17:33
There's still time to off-load him.

Merlion96 01 September, 2019 18:41
Mustafi and Xhaka … why that dumbfcuk of a manager still trust Xhaka?

In fact, he has a ready-make replacement in David Luiz to takeover from Xhaka.

Luiz is a better DCM than CB. His passing ranges and accuracy is on par to Xhaka.

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

Flava 01 September, 2019 18:54
Quote:
Shane
You spelt PK wrong mate.

(Sm22)

goonerred 01 September, 2019 18:57
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Shane
You spelt PK wrong mate.

(Sm22)
OK I don't get that, maybe I don't want to know...

Merlion96 01 September, 2019 19:02
Oh Goonerred, it went a long long way back when Flava and Shane was an item and PK attempted to insert a plank between them.
Shane felt insulted as the plank was not thick enough to suit him.

Aah... those days when Shane bragged about "golden showers", etc.

goonerred 01 September, 2019 19:17
Quote:
Merlion96
Oh Goonerred, it went a long long way back when Flava and Shane was an item and PK attempted to insert a plank between them.
Shane felt insulted as the plank was not thick enough to suit him.

Aah... those days when Shane bragged about "golden showers", etc.
Mmm, I thought I would be better not knowing!!!

younghansolo 01 September, 2019 19:25
He's just not a footballer. He's like the big fat boss from the office who plays football with you. He just bullys everyone and every now and then he @#$%& it so hard he scores a blinder.

mapleleafgooner 01 September, 2019 19:56
Xhaka should ply his trade in the 'slower' leagues. Like Series A or La Liga or Bundesliga. The hustle and bustle of the EPL is not suited to his game. Should sell him now since he still has market value.

SuperRob 01 September, 2019 20:16
He'll be out of the team by the second half of the season. Willock and Ceballos both need time to settle and it's right to introduce them gradually. Torriera's form is a bit of a worry, but I think it's just because he's not playing in the right position. He doesn't have the legs to play in the box to box role and it doesn't allow him to play to his strengths, which are tackling and anticipation of where the attacks are going to go.

A midfield of Torreira playing in the deep role with Guendouzi and Willock / Ceballos either side is our strongest, but it's understandable that he doesn't want to play all of those players together at this stage of the season.

AJ The Gunner 01 September, 2019 20:36
This guy has no business being in the starting line up. With all the stick we gave Ozil which he deserves, why is Emery still sticking with Xhaka?? His mistakes last season cost us games and this season, he has been @#$%&. So what exactly is the justification of sticking with him?? 🤔

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Boston Gooner 01 September, 2019 22:57
Emery on Granit Xhaka's tackle...
In 90 minutes, I'm very proud of his work. Some mistakes we can have, I want to use them to progress, to learn and improve. There are a lot more positive things individually and collectively, and also with Xhaka for me. The penalty incident is a disappointing action but he played very well and worked very well.

Padre Pio 01 September, 2019 23:48
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Sky Sports pundit Neville didn't hold back in a damning assessment of the Swiss international.
He said: “[It's] absolute madness from Xhaka. He does it week in, week out. Season after season. He doesn’t seem to learn.”
Fair comment and no serious club is going to win anything major with such a stumblebum in its ranks.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

AJ The Gunner 02 September, 2019 09:08
[quote Boston Gooner]Emery on Granit Xhaka's tackle...
In 90 minutes, I'm very proud of his work. Some mistakes we can have, I want to use them to progress, to learn and improve. There are a lot more positive things individually and collectively, and also with Xhaka for me. The penalty incident is a disappointing action but he played very well and worked very well.[/Quote]

Emery defending Xhaka is exactly the season we won't get out of our present state with him as manager. What's to defend when the clown keeps making costly mistakes over and over again.

BootyDaddy 02 September, 2019 10:16
Xhaka has been f.ucking terrible since the day he arrived.

I keep thinking to myself am I missing something here as I watch him either offer absolutely nothing at all or make a calamitous mistakes week in week out.

He is the midfield version of Mustafi but unlike him seems to go under the radar when trying to get rid of the s.hite or deadwood players.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Trent2000 02 September, 2019 15:22
So unreal he is one of the first names on the team sheet no matter what, really sad state if a manager that tinkers way to much.

3 holding mids at home, wtf?

MattySadler 02 September, 2019 17:49
Be interesting to see what happens with Xhaka. He's basically been undroppable everywhere he's played throughout his career, but with Guendouzi, Torreira, Willock and Ceballos we have genuine options who suit our style better and could realistically lead to him being phased out.

goonerred 02 September, 2019 18:02
Quote:
MattySadler
Be interesting to see what happens with Xhaka. He's basically been undroppable everywhere he's played throughout his career, but with Guendouzi, Torreira, Willock and Ceballos we have genuine options who suit our style better and could realistically lead to him being phased out.
I doubt it, Unai thinks he payed well yesterday.

AJ The Gunner 02 September, 2019 19:18
.[/quote]
I doubt it, Unai thinks he payed well yesterday.[/quote]

That is the most shocking. What Emery thinks verses what we see when he plays.

tigerline 02 September, 2019 19:21
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
MattySadler
I doubt it, Unai thinks he payed well yesterday.

If Emery truly believes that Xhaka’s grievous penalty (AGAIN!) was outweighed by his overall “good play”, then such opinion could lead to them both being phased out.

SuperRob 02 September, 2019 19:40
There is no point in a manager criticising their players in the press. It always backfires on the manager in the end. Let's see if Xhaka is still playing at the end of the season. I agree with matty that he'll be phased out, but I expect for it to happen slowly like it did with ozil last season.

CazOnARola 02 September, 2019 20:51
Plus our ambition seema to be 4th place rather than challenging for third. So they are just balancing the books

Bergmars 02 September, 2019 21:30
Quote:
SuperRob
There is no point in a manager criticising their players in the press. It always backfires on the manager in the end. Let's see if Xhaka is still playing at the end of the season. I agree with matty that he'll be phased out, but I expect for it to happen slowly like it did with ozil last season.

Agree

Under new managment

CazOnARola 02 September, 2019 21:52
He will probably start ceballos, xhaka and guendouzi from now on in. Unless willock plays better than xhaka, xhaka wont be dislodged. Emery doesn't trust Torreira as the deepest and he isn't going to play ozil except europa games.

Gunnersingh1 02 September, 2019 23:18
I don't like Xhaka but I can see why Emery starts him; Torreira doesn't distrubute the ball forward and hides when the CB's have the ball.

Xhaka for all his many faults doesn't hide.

I've watched the game again and Xhaka had a decent 2nd half so he won't be dropped.

We need a top DM in Jan, to play alongside Guendouzi and Ceballos.

CazOnARola 03 September, 2019 08:44
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
I don't like Xhaka but I can see why Emery starts him; Torreira doesn't distrubute the ball forward and hides when the CB's have the ball.
Xhaka for all his many faults doesn't hide.

I've watched the game again and Xhaka had a decent 2nd half so he won't be dropped.

We need a top DM in Jan, to play alongside Guendouzi and Ceballos.
Agree.. Had the same pbm with cowuelin who wouldn't be in good receiving positions, although i disagree on the forward passing abilities. Torreira to Lacazette was a repeating theme at the start of last season when he was doing well. But he didn't always get into good receiving positions compared to guendouzi and Ceballos.

BootyDaddy 03 September, 2019 11:53
Quote:
CazOnARola
He will probably start ceballos, xhaka and guendouzi from now on in. Unless willock plays better than xhaka, xhaka wont be dislodged. Emery doesn't trust Torreira as the deepest and he isn't going to play ozil except europa games.

WIllock is playing better than Xhaka already. It's hard to play any f.ucking worse.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CazOnARola 03 September, 2019 13:47
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Quote:
CazOnARola

WIllock is playing better than Xhaka already. It's hard to play any f.ucking worse.
Willock disappears for many phases and doesn't help bring the ball out may times. He can be in good receiving positions for 10 min and then be in bad positions right behind the opposing attackers for 10-15 min. Xhaka for all his faults is always in good positions to receive the ball. Only other players that do this consistently are guendouzi, Ceballos and ozil.

Merlion96 04 September, 2019 11:54
With Xhaka and Luiz, I prefer to push Luiz forward as DCM to replace Xhaka.

Can happen when we have a healthy CB squad in Sokratis, Chambers, Holding, Mavropanos and of course Mustafi warming the bench.

Plus, if Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos develop to their potential by December, healthy and available, Xhaka is redundant and should move on in January 2020.

Willy 04 September, 2019 15:56
I think Guendouzi can phase out Xhaka. His passing isn't quite as good yet, but he is much more mobile and already less stupid. Problem is that Xhaka has leadership qualities generally lacking in the starting team and whole squad now Ramsey's gone.

CazOnARola 04 September, 2019 19:54
Quote:
Willy
I think Guendouzi can phase out Xhaka. His passing isn't quite as good yet, but he is much more mobile and already less stupid. Problem is that Xhaka has leadership qualities generally lacking in the starting team and whole squad now Ramsey's gone.
Yep. Plus xhaka knows how to take up defensive positions even though he many times picks up cards or gives away penalties. Guendouzi doesn't even get into those positions often enough. A goal last year where ramsey made up 40/50 yards over guendouzi in getting to stop a goal is a good example of guendouzi switching of defensively. We need a more physically capable version of Torreira at DM. Till then play guendouzi, Ceballos and Torreira in midfield. And play ozil where we are expected to have most of the ball

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2019 08:30 by CazOnARola.

Gunnersingh1 04 September, 2019 20:09
Hopefully Edu can find us a dm from Brazil. There's not many Gilberto Silva's in world football.

blueamada 10 September, 2019 09:08
...mistimed tackles,misplaced passes.

SuperRob 11 September, 2019 08:44
Xhaka has terrible positional awareness defensively. He's never in the right position. And even when he does manage to get close to players, he's so slow that he doesn't put any pressure on them because of he gets too close then they can just go past him. Players like Torreira are able to put pressure on the player with the ball without diving in and getting beaten.

His only strength is long passing, the sooner he's out of the team, the better.

mapleleafgooner 14 September, 2019 23:29
Remember when Wenger said a few years ago that he asked Xhaka to stay on his feet and not jump into tackles. Wenger was fully aware of Xhaka's shortcomings which made me wonder why he paid 34mĺ for him as a DM.

CazOnARola 15 September, 2019 06:03
Wenger officially always called xhaka a b2b player. I know xhaka doesn't have the pace to be a b2b, but wenger never called him a DM, even when he was playing deepest.

Emery must trust xhaka to have played him at CB as well as LB when we had injuries last season.

Merlion96 15 September, 2019 18:34
The way he was playing today, he was B2B and glue that held the midfield together.
Willock, Nelson, Pepe, AMN and Torreira were so easily disposed off and rubbed off the ball.

What a f**king lightweight of a team playing in a heavyweight division.

CazOnARola 15 September, 2019 20:16
Quote:
Merlion96
The way he was playing today, he was B2B and glue that held the midfield together.
Willock, Nelson, Pepe, AMN and Torreira were so easily disposed off and rubbed off the ball.

Today xhaka was better that all the players you mentioned. Add luiz and Sokratis as well. At least he never hid and still got into positions to receive. Luiz was letting every tom dick and cleverly run right into the box

Kalela 16 September, 2019 02:17
You know a player is @#$%& when news of them being cleared to play after an injury makes you lose enthusiasm for the game. They need to move Xhaka and get whatever they can for him. His fear of getting beat for pace always causes him to either commit a dumb foul or keep backing away and do nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2019 07:13 by Kalela.

hahanice 16 September, 2019 13:24
Quote:
Merlion96

to make this statement and leave out ozil shows some very clear bias...

everyone was garbage today. Xhaka came out and called everyone scared. he was as bad as everyone, and certainly doesn't make us a better side. im ready to let all of the players who clearly cant get it done go and let some youth get some games.

what does chambers have to do to get a game?

Merlion96 16 September, 2019 15:46
Quote:
hahanice
Quote:
Merlion96

to make this statement and leave out ozil shows some very clear bias...

everyone was garbage today. Xhaka came out and called everyone scared. he was as bad as everyone, and certainly doesn't make us a better side. im ready to let all of the players who clearly cant get it done go and let some youth get some games.

what does chambers have to do to get a game?

Ozil?
How come Mourinho can get the best out of him and both Wenger and Emery failed?
And of course, Joachim Low as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2019 15:47 by Merlion96.

Merlion96 16 September, 2019 15:48
[www.footballtransfertavern.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net