Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Match Thread Willock and Ceballos start against Burnley
Discussion started by CazOnARola , 17 August, 2019 12:08
Match Thread Willock and Ceballos start against Burnley
CazOnARola 17 August, 2019 12:08
Arsenal XI: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Luiz, Papastathopoulos, Monreal, Ceballos, Guendouzi, Nelson, Willock, Aubameyang, Lacazette

Subs: Mkhitaryan, Torreira, Pepe, Chambers, Martinez, Kolasinac, Gabriel Martinelli

Burnley XI: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters, Gudmundsson Cork, Westwood, McNeil, Wood, Barnes

Subs: Taylor, Hendrick Gibson, Rodriguez, Hart, Lennon, Bardsley

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/08/2019 23:04 by Padre Pio.

Re: Willock and Ceballos start against Burnley
MattySadler 17 August, 2019 12:09
So good seeing three Hale End boys starting. Think Chambers is unlucky to be dropped but they are our first choice pairing. Looking forward to seeing what Ceballos can do.

Come on!

CazOnARola 17 August, 2019 12:10
Nelson starting as well. A little surprised about Torreira not getting game in Xhaka s absence. It will be interesting to see who is deeper along side guendouzi. Ceballos or willock.

If its Ceballos, then this is his chance to displace xhaka

CazOnARola 17 August, 2019 12:11
As usual, emery has a couple Aces up his sleeve for the second half in mkhi and pepe

SA-Gunner 17 August, 2019 12:37
Mlhi Is no ace, more like a jester

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 12:43
Lacazette does excellently to turn and finish in a crowded penalty area

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 12:48
Point blank save from Leno but Tarkowski is offside anyway

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 13:11
Nearly a good finish by Guendouzi but Pope saves with his foot

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 13:14
Deflection falls to Ashley Barnes who finishes. Been let off enough times but not learnt our lesson

goonerred 17 August, 2019 13:14
I could see that coming 1-1

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 13:16
Nelson finishes well from close range but Monreal is flagged offside.

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 13:18
Half time 1-1.

Frustrating as there has been a lot to like in that half. Playing out from the back has been enjoyable to watch at times, Willock has been good again and Ceballos has been excellent, but we have been slow to deal with the second ball and just didn't learn our lesson as Burnley had chance after chance.

Still not a fan of us shoehorning Lacazette and Aubameyang into the same XI. Aubameyang on the right hasn't worked well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/08/2019 13:21 by MattySadler.

SuperRob 17 August, 2019 13:28
Nelson isnt quite ready. Half a season too early for him. Willock could stay in the team. Sensational talent.

Ceballos was brilliant but he hasn't paced himself at all and it cost us for the goal when he was too tired to make a proper tackle.

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 13:33
Pepe on for Nelson.

Shame for Nelson. Didn't really get involved in the game. That goal would've done him a world of good if it had counted.

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 13:51
Aubaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Flava 17 August, 2019 14:28
Thank f.uck for that

Ceballos won’t be here next season, will he? Thought Monreal was good as well

grayfox1 17 August, 2019 14:32
Quote:
Flava
Thank f.uck for that
Ceballos won’t be here next season, will he? Thought Monreal was good as well

Monreal had a shocker mate. Were was he for their goal? Dodged crosses, misplaced passes. Couldn't even stay on side to grab an assist. The armband really did him no good.

goonerred 17 August, 2019 14:33
We are top of the league, say we are top of the league. Make the most of it chaps and chapesses.

CazOnARola 17 August, 2019 15:11
Ceballos is fantastic as expected isnt he? i haven't watched the game but i feel he is

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/08/2019 15:12 by CazOnARola.

Gooner Sod 17 August, 2019 15:45
Quote:
CazOnARola
Ceballos is fantastic as expected isnt he? i haven't watched the game but i feel he is

He was the best player on the pitch. Can unlock these teams that sit back with his tight control and eye for a pass. He's gonna be very useful this season.

I personally think the team was fantastic against a typical one dimensional but hard Burnley team.

BootyDaddy 17 August, 2019 16:28
We haven’t had a player of Ceballos ilk since Fabregas. He looks that good.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gooner Sod 17 August, 2019 17:59
Quote:
BootyDaddy

Shame he's not really out player.....

CazOnARola 18 August, 2019 04:28
Quote:
BootyDaddy
This is exactly what i said a few weeks back. And we haven't had a player like pepe since rosicky got injured in his second and stopped playing in the wings. A winner that has s good shot along with close control and brains.

I won't be too bothered if the next two games don't go our way.

This is team is shaping up nicely. Pity ceballos asked to remove the buy clause but i can see why he wants to go back to Madrid and replace modric/kroos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net