Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Saliba has operation.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 16 August, 2019 14:58
Saliba has operation.
Boston Gooner 16 August, 2019 14:58
William Saliba will spend at least six weeks on the sidelines after undergoing has an operation to fix the adductor issue that has troubled him since the end of last season.

The centre-back, who signed for Arsenal in a £27 million deal this summer before returning to Saint-Etienne on loan, missed the opening weekend of the new Ligue 1 campaign despite making an appearance in a pre-season friendly against Newcastle on 3 August.

Get French Football News
@GFFN
William Saliba has undergone an operation following an adductor muscle injury, in agreement with parent club Arsenal. He will be out of action for at least 6 weeks for St Étienne.

Speaking ahead of his side’s game with Brest, coach Ghislain Printant revealed: “Saliba had an operation earlier this week. We will take our time with his return.”

Re: Saliba has operation.
tigerline 16 August, 2019 15:38
Dammit.

As a fan, I hate to see any of our players having soft tissue, muscular injuries, particularly in the groin. These have a tendency to recur and become chronic. Once they are compromised, that complex of five separate, but related adductor muscles is difficult to rehab and manage long-term. I surely hope that this is just a fix of the adductor longus, the most commonly affected and easiest to reach of the five in that group ... but resorting to surgical intervention worries me as to the seriousness of the groin injury.

I hope that this is not a harbinger of things to come ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/08/2019 15:39 by tigerline.

Padre Pio 16 August, 2019 18:41
Quote "the adductor issue that has troubled him since the end of last season."
Tierny purchased with injury etc etc

Do we need any more crocks we usually have enough of our own?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Flava 16 August, 2019 22:21
Better to get it sorted now

Ares 16 August, 2019 22:52
Good.

He can come here when he's ready and not when he's carrying some injury from his previous season.

Ares 16 August, 2019 22:55
It wouldn't have done him any favours to come here half cooked.

SuperRob 16 August, 2019 23:30
I think our injury record has got a lot better in the last 3 or 4 years. We went through a horrible spell around 2010 - 14 but it does seem to have improved. The key thing in modern football though is just to have enough depth in the squad to be able to carry 10 players out injured at all times.

AJ The Gunner 17 August, 2019 10:34
i still don't understand why Arsenal still buy injured players . it's a gamble that has cost us before. i hope this will not be the same again.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net