Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Giroud's so good
Discussion started by Shane , 14 August, 2019 20:04
Giroud's so good
Shane 14 August, 2019 20:04
One-touch play really is a joy to watch, as is his movement. He made a bit of a mug of Van Dijk for his goal. I think he'll get a hat-trick tonight. Well, he'll definitely get the chances for a few more. They're struggling to deal with him.

Salute to the beautiful pest.

Re: Giroud's so good
SuperRob 14 August, 2019 21:45
Average at best. One dimensional player

plonky 14 August, 2019 23:08
Massively underrated. World Cup winner.

Ares 14 August, 2019 23:32
Oh dear. Chelsea could have used a defender.

Shane 15 August, 2019 05:34
Quote:
SuperRob

You've been saying this since 2012 pal.

Quote:
plonky
Massively underrated. World Cup winner.

He's an artist mate.

I'd liken him to a Jackson Pollock painting or something. He looks like a big mess of a striker, but actually there's an extraordinary amount of beauty and uniqueness to him.

I'll be the first to say that I've no idea why Jackson Pollock is so revered, but the knowledge that he is or was rated so highly is enough for me to accept that I'm missing something and you'd think Giroud's critics would explore the same possibility.

He's literally my favourite-ever Arsenal striker. Not saying he was the best in my lifetime, but certainly the most interesting.

Shane 15 August, 2019 06:06
https://media.giphy.com/media/dZcR9COqCd91F75zWh/giphy.gif

Art.

Boston Gooner 15 August, 2019 07:44
Quote:
SuperRob

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

goonerred 15 August, 2019 07:50
I'm going to come across as an unforgiving person, but I'll never forgive him for that goal drought during which, had he scored a couple of goals now and then we might have won the league. Then when he did score, when we were out of everything him and Wenger acted like he'd scored a WC winner.

Flava 15 August, 2019 10:22
He’s not ‘average at best’. Ridiculous comment. I’m not a massive fan but he’s a good player. 200 goals in 500 games is decent

younghansolo 15 August, 2019 13:22
And some of those 200 goals are truly astounding

BootyDaddy 15 August, 2019 14:23
He's as good as I've seen in terms of scoring goals from runs to the near post. The amount of goals he's got from that particular movement is outstanding.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Shane 15 August, 2019 14:51
https://media.giphy.com/media/U4pgfMLFGasE5LrIAW/giphy.gif

That's the world's most expensive defender he's bullying there.

tigerline 15 August, 2019 15:46
I have always been a Giroud fan.
He has shown amazing timing and dexterity for a big man.
He is no plough horse, for sure.

And I sorely miss his strength in challenging for 50/50 balls anywhere on the pitch.

I wish him well except when we face him, of course.

Shane 15 August, 2019 19:07
https://media.giphy.com/media/JpMv1h1iAM1JlXg4am/giphy.gif

tigerline 15 August, 2019 20:57
Quote:
Shane
https://media.giphy.com/media/JpMv1h1iAM1JlXg4am/giphy.gif

Wow ... he put all five defenders on the ground.

Shane 15 August, 2019 21:42
And himself, which is very Giroud-like.

Kalela 16 August, 2019 00:46
His problem has always been lack of pace and strength. If he had those two things he would, in my opinion, be considered a world class striker by everyone. He couldn't get away from defenders because of his lack pace and he couldn't bully them because, despite being really big in terms of size, he was never that strong.

Ares 16 August, 2019 01:02
Those two goals are against two mid table sides:

The Foxes (After they broke their title winning team apart) and before Maguire (signed from Hull) had gelled into their back four.

And The Saints after they sold 75% of their back four to Liverpool.

He should be outmuscling a work in progress player when he's a full grown man.

And he should absolutely be able to get an effort or two on goal against a legit mid table defense which is at sixes and sevens.

Shane 16 August, 2019 05:01
One was a last-second winner and the other was the first goal in an FA Cup semi-final at Wembley that was won only 2-0 Ares.

We were taken to extra time by Championship teams in the semis of our FA Cup wins of 2014 and 2015. City only beat Brighton 1-0 in the semi-final last season. They're not easy games to win, so the 'it's only Southampton' suggestion isn't valid I don't think.

SA-Gunner 16 August, 2019 07:22
One of the biggest disappointments as an Arsenal fan for me was replacing Van Persie with Giroud. The former was like Vivaldi or Telemann while the latter is like a reggaeton-latino ghetto singer.

younghansolo 16 August, 2019 19:05
Giroud never gets credit for his defensive work either. Nine times out of ten he'd be the one to clear corners for us.

MattySadler 17 August, 2019 11:24
I miss him a lot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net