Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ozil & Kolasinac again
Discussion started by djarse , 09 August, 2019 16:38
Ozil & Kolasinac again
djarse 09 August, 2019 16:38
Left out of the squad due to further security concerns:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Ozil & Kolasinac again
Flava 09 August, 2019 17:04
This is awful. Hope they’re both ok

Gooner Sod 09 August, 2019 17:11
Damn it.

So we have Bellerin, Holding, Pepe, Ozil, Kolisinac & Tierney all not available. Just need to find a way to get 3pts. Newcastle sold their two best players.

Boston Gooner 09 August, 2019 22:50
Awful.
Can see Ozil moving abroad.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

MattySadler 10 August, 2019 09:55
I can't believe this

younghansolo 10 August, 2019 10:52
What’s actually going on then? I saw the car jacking but what’s happening now?

AJ The Gunner 10 August, 2019 13:25
i hope this security thing is not really serious.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

mapleleafgooner 10 August, 2019 14:06
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Awful.
Can see Ozil moving abroad.

I think Turkey will be safer for Ozil than the UK. I am sure the Turkish president will provide him a 24x7 security detail if needed.

Boston Gooner 10 August, 2019 14:38
There's got to be a lot more to this than a car jacking/mugging.

tigerline 10 August, 2019 16:56
It seems that Ozil was quite the lightning rod in Germany for his perceived political views when he left the national team. Perhaps what we thought was a botched robbery was actually a direct physical attack?

And how long has he been dealing with these threats? Back throughout last season?

I surely hope that these threats are not related to a larger movement against him.
That would be a long-term problem for him and the club.

Boston Gooner 10 August, 2019 21:48
According to The Telegraph, two men were arrested on Thursday night after getting into an altercation with security staff patrolling the German’s north London residence.

A statement from the Metropolitan Police said: “Two men have been charged under Section 4a of the Public Order Act following an incident in Camden on Thursday, 8 August.

“Ferhat Ercan, 27, of Highgate, and Salaman Ekinci, 27, of Tottenham, were charged on August 9 following the incident and are due to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates’ court on 6 September.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2019 21:51 by Boston Gooner.

Merlion96 11 August, 2019 02:15
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Apparently, they were caught between rival gang war.

Wouldn't surprise me that Kolasinac may be sold by end of this month for his own safety. it will be safer for him and his family in Germany.

Similarly, it will add impetus to Ozil leaving for the States for his own and family safety, albeit maybe just on a temporarily basis till the whole matter is settled? Perhaps Turkey as well?

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

Boston Gooner 12 August, 2019 22:28
Saying they could miss more games.

MattySadler 13 August, 2019 06:29
Yeah some of the rumours surrounding this are really unsettling.

The players and their families need to be kept safe.

Willy 13 August, 2019 12:02
If we are being cynical about this, perhaps it means Ozil will be happier to accept a pay cut to leave. We can't be absorbing this long term on top of all his other non-availabilities

CazOnARola 13 August, 2019 17:29
Don't see anybody in the team that can feed pepe based on the run that he was making in the brief cameo and at lille except ozil and maybe Torreira. We need ozil here if we want to make 4th

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net