Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Early team news Newcastle game.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 09 August, 2019 11:03
Early team news Newcastle game.
Boston Gooner 09 August, 2019 11:03
Here's the latest update from our medical team ahead of our match at St James' Park:

Alex Lacazette
Right ankle. Will continue to be assessed ahead of Sunday’s match at Newcastle.

Nicolas Pepe
Regaining full match fitness following late return from African Cup of Nations. Decision to be made on participation for Sunday.

Hector Bellerin
Left knee. Continuing with on-field rehabilitation. Aiming to participate in full training in October.

Rob Holding
Left knee. Continuing with on-field rehabilitation and now participating in full training with the first team.

Dinos Mavropanos
Groin. Continues to receive treatment and further assessment. Will be out of action for at least 6-8 weeks.

Emile Smith Rowe
Groin. Progressing well in training and aiming to re-join the first team squad in 1-2 weeks

Mohamed Elneny
Regaining full match fitness following late return from African Cup of Nations. Decision to be made on participation for Sunday.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Early team news Newcastle game.
goonerred 09 August, 2019 11:30
Do we even have a starting 11????

SuperRob 09 August, 2019 11:31
So don't expect to see Pepe this weekend.

Bellerin still being 2 months away isn't good news

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 11:31 by SuperRob.

goonerred 09 August, 2019 12:11
Quote:
SuperRob
So don't expect to see Pepe this weekend.
Bellerin still being 2 months away isn't good news

That's until he starts full training, it will probably be longer than that before he plays.

Boston Gooner 09 August, 2019 12:35
Mavropanos has been injured more months than he’s been healthy for Arsenal. Not good enough

Boston Gooner 09 August, 2019 13:24
Following our new signings on deadline day, the medical team have given us an update on David Luiz and Kieran Tierney ahead of Sunday’s match at Newcastle:

David Luiz
Expected to participate in full training ahead of Sunday.

Kieran Tierney
Groin. Will continue to receive treatment and assessments. Hoping to integrate into full training in 4-6 weeks

goonerred 09 August, 2019 13:26
So we are going into the new season undermanned. Typical.

CazOnARola 09 August, 2019 13:42
Kieran Tierney 4-6 weeks as expected. We will see him mid October.
Didnt see anything on Ceballos, so hopefully he is fit. He has a good shot and will be useful, possibly displace one of our CMs.

Most likely a draw away from home against steve bruce is kick and hoof game

Boston Gooner 09 August, 2019 15:10
Quote:
CazOnARola
Didnt see anything on Ceballos, so hopefully he is fit. He has a good shot and will be useful, possibly displace one of our CMs.

Top clubs would be looking for 3 points.

Gooner Sod 09 August, 2019 15:31
Quote:
CazOnARola

Newcastle are in disarray. We should get 3pts if Lacazette is fit. Pepe needs to be on bench at least.

But yes, no Tierney or Bellerin for almost 2months is not ideal with some tough fixtures to start the season. Maitland-Niles really needs to improve.

CazOnARola 09 August, 2019 16:37
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
CazOnARola

Its not about what to look for. Effectively we are the same team as last year for our first game and we bottled it away to all teams in the top 13. So 1 point is better than 0. But if laca is fit, we can snatch it

Gooner Sod 09 August, 2019 17:12
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
CazOnARola

Its not about what to look for. Effectively we are the same team as last year for our first game and we bottled it away to all teams in the top 13. So 1 point is better than 0. But if laca is fit, we can snatch it

Newcastle were one of the teams we actually beat away last season. And they sold Rondon & Perez. Can't be happy with a point.

Merlion96 09 August, 2019 17:34
3 points is a must.
No more lame excuse as "the players are not playing to my instruction.."

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

CazOnARola 09 August, 2019 19:08
I'm not saying it's not a must. Ozil and Kolasinac are also out because of security fears. I'm just not expecting 3 points. There is no ramsey either.

Without bellerin, ramsey, ozil, Kolasinac, pepe, Tierney, Lacazette, ceballos there is definitely a chance we can drop points here.
Steve bruce is a defensive kick them manager. They don't need perez to get a draw.

We lose all the new players that we brought in plus lose Kolasinac and ozil to a second kidnapping attempt.

Id be delighted if we get 3 points but I'm prepared for disappointing results in the first 4 games of the season

Flava 09 August, 2019 21:33
Luiz right in next to Sokratis. Pepe on the bench at a minimum

CazOnARola 10 August, 2019 03:10
I'm not sure luiz will start with less than 2 days with the first team. Every manager will have tactics in terms of when to press etc etc. It would be drilled into the players or so emery would believe. He will probably start chambers or mustafi before starting luiz.

Pepe on bench maybe, but reports claiming he is not fully match fit.

Boston Gooner 10 August, 2019 13:21
Word is Luiz isn't fit.

goonerred 10 August, 2019 14:01
We have a set of crocks remaining and bought. I don't know if my first two match predictions registered, but maybe I should revise them!

AJ The Gunner 10 August, 2019 14:30
let's just see how the opening game on Sunday goes.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Flava 10 August, 2019 15:12
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Word is Luiz isn't fit.

Where did you hear that mate. He definitely had a pre-season with Chelsea and he trained yesterday. Did he pick up a knock?

Flava 10 August, 2019 18:18
He definitely trained today as well.

CazOnARola 10 August, 2019 18:21
Hopefully he starts. He is used to this league. Without ozil and pepe we wont have much creativity, so worth a risk compared to chambers or mustafi

Boston Gooner 10 August, 2019 22:05
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Word is Luiz isn't fit.

Where did you hear that mate. He definitely had a pre-season with Chelsea and he trained yesterday. Did he pick up a knock?

I read it online.
Something what Emery was supposed to have said.
Hopefully bull then if he is training.
We need all hands on deck defensively.

Willy 10 August, 2019 23:48
We would carry a lot more threat if Luiz and Ceballos come straight in. They will probably sit off quite a bit not wanting to get beaten first game at home and so distribution will be needed. And if they do come at us, Luiz’s long passing and Ceballos’ quick feet beating the press would be great. Certainly would play them over Chambers and Willock.

CazOnARola 11 August, 2019 01:06
Agreed willy.. We should play ceballos but i suspect it will be emery favourites starting. Guendouzi, torreira and xhaka. Mkhi Aubameyang and lacazette/insert attack minded player

Merlion96 11 August, 2019 02:05
Without Ozil, Emery should start Ceballos at left-forward.

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

Flava 11 August, 2019 07:40
Here’s my predicted line up

Leno

AMN
Sokratis
Luiz
Monreal

Xhaka
Guendouzi
Willock

Aubameyang
Lacazette
Mkhitaryan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net