Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

My Prediction: Newcastle 0 4 Arsenal
Discussion started by Merlion96 , 09 August, 2019 01:45
My Prediction: Newcastle 0 4 Arsenal
Merlion96 09 August, 2019 01:45
The good news is Aubameyang had rediscovered his mojo and scoring for fun.

And Ozil finally has buckled down and discovered the joy of playing with intelligent players running into space and instinctively reading his passes and intent; able to spot passing channels and space in anticipation of Ozil's delivery.

One long pre-season and lessons learnt last season, Emery has no more excuse not to improve the team-work and to field his strongest team to play against Newcastle.

Best of all, it will be criminal not to drop Mustafi now with Chambers available; and Luiz on the bench.
But Emery may surprises us all by throwing Luiz into the team straight away.
Sokratis-Luiz is slightly better than Sokratis-Mustafi for the singular reason that Luiz will not create panic in the box like Mustafi did, upsetting and turning the entire Back-4 into nervous nellies.

….. ….. ….. ….. ….. Leno

… AMN … Chambers … Sokratis … Monreal

….. ….. ….. Torreira ..... ….. Xhaka

... Mkhitaryan ..... ..... Ozil ..... ..... Aubameyang

….. ….. ….. ….. ….. Lacazette

Emery should start the last season team with Chambers coming in for Mustafi.

New players on the bench and coming in the 2nd half.

This team sees off Newcastle last season.
Without Benitez, and Steve Bruce a traditional English Manager of "kick and rush" school, there is no reason why we can't score more than 2 goals against them.

Perhaps, Ceballos and Luiz should be ready for the games in September against Liverpool and Tiny Totts?

Luiz had briefly played for Emery at PSG. It may be that Luiz can fit into the team against Newcastle immediately. A bit of gamble that Emery is willing to take should he decided Chambers is not the answer to his CB woes?

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

Re: My Prediction: Newcastle 0 4 Arsenal
CazOnARola 09 August, 2019 02:35
Play david luiz. And pepe has to come on at some point.

Willy 10 August, 2019 23:58
Agreed Caz. No way will it be 4-0 though given absentees and new starters being too new. Unless they come at us, we ride our luck and pick them off very clinically. But Steve Bruce doing that? Hard to see.

Merlion96 11 August, 2019 02:04
It looks like the team selected itself.
Great to hear Ceballos is fit.
But Lacazette is still a doubt and may not start.

….. ….. ….. ….. ….. .. Leno

… AMN … Chambers … Sokratis … Monreal

….. Torreira ..... ….. Xhaka ..... ..... WIllock

... Mkhitaryan ..... ..... Aubameyang ..... ..... Ceballos

Apparently, our squad is thin without Tierney, Luiz, Kolasinac and Ozil; with only youngsters in Nelson, WIllock and Saka to call upon.

Defensively, I would give Willock the nod over Guendouzi, especially we need another deep-lying midfielder to play behind the Forward-3.

Perhaps, Luiz and Lacazette and Guendouzi are our supersub to change the game later in 2nd half.

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

CazOnARola 11 August, 2019 05:01
Emery will probably go for guendouzi instead of willock as matt has PL experience

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net