Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Our Transfer business
Discussion started by CazOnARola , 08 August, 2019 18:11
Our Transfer business
CazOnARola 08 August, 2019 18:11
Martinelli 6mn (pounds)
Ceballos 3mn?
Pepe 22mn (year 1)
Tierney 25 mn
Luiz 8mn
Saliba?

Out - 64mn
Kos 4mn
Jenko 1mn
Bennacer 3mn
Iwobi 40mn
Thompson 3mn
Bielik 10mn
Ospina 3mn?

Depending on how much we spent on Saliba upfront, we may well have broken even.

Please feel free to correct the figures

Re: Our Transfer business
djarse 08 August, 2019 19:10
Yes

6 in Martinelli, Ceballos, Saliba, Pepe, Tierney, + Luiz

SOLD (7) + Bennacer money for on-sale
Ospina, Asano, Bielik, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Thompson, Iwobi

LEFT (9)
Cech, Lichsteiner, Ramsey, Wellbeck, Suarez, Bramall, Gilmour, Pleguezuelo, Amaechi

And our youngest squad for years - 24.2 years average - not bad eh ?

Best window for years !

SuperRob 08 August, 2019 19:16
And super excited about Willock and Nelson coming through this season as well. Also optimistic that Chambers can do a similar thing to what Holding did last year and play a big part.

Bergmars 08 August, 2019 19:21
Good window

Under new managment

Gunnersingh1 08 August, 2019 19:26
9/10 window for me

Gooner Sod 08 August, 2019 19:28
Great business. As much as i like Iwobi, i can't complain. Great platform to build from.
Runours of Auba & Laca signing new contracts soon will be icing on the cake.

Also i notice the forum is buzzing again. It's about time we had some excitement.

tigerline 08 August, 2019 19:35
And there is still time to generate more revenue from the sales of Mustafi and Elneny outside of the PL.

Kolasinac?
Mkhitaryan?
Ozil?

SuperRob 08 August, 2019 20:02
Leno / Martinez

Bellerin / AMN
Luiz / Chambers
Sokratis / Holding
Tierney / Monreal

Xhaka / Guendouzi
Torrera / Willock
Ozil / Ceballos

Pepe / Mkhitaryan
Lacazette / Martinelli
Aubameyang / Nelson

For the first time in years, we have a squad with 2 players in every position who can contribute something positive and who we won't be terrified whenever they get near the pitch.

Mustafi, Elneny and Kolasinac won't be playing anywhere near as much this year. That is the major step forward of this window. Our first 11 has always been good if everyone was fit, we've just never had the strength in depth that you need when players inevitably get injured / burned out. Now we do.

Gooner Sod 08 August, 2019 20:02
Keep Kolisinac. Iwobi is gone so he's an option on the left. If Pepe or Auba got hurt, we can't go all in on Saka and Reiss Nelson and may need someone more proven on that side

Shane 08 August, 2019 20:03
I'll take the L here and admit the window was much better than I was expecting. Well done to Emery, Edu and Raul.

tigerline 08 August, 2019 20:05
Quote:
Shane
I'll take the L here and admit the window was much better than I was expecting. Well done to Emery, Edu and Raul.

Much, MUCH better.

MattySadler 08 August, 2019 21:03
Best window in my lifetime

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net