Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Board/Site.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 26 July, 2019 22:36
Board/Site.
Boston Gooner 26 July, 2019 22:36
What's going on.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 23:13 by Padre Pio.

Re: Board/Site.
Padre Pio 27 July, 2019 08:22
Admin are redesigning it and it is at moment slightly harder to navigate.
I have already raised issues on the colour design of forum and headings.
Please let me know what things you find difficult etc.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

AJ The Gunner 27 July, 2019 12:15
Looks good. let's see how it goes. I have been having trouble trying to log in. I don't know if it's my internet network provider or my browser. I just managed to open the site today and see the new changes.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

goonerred 27 July, 2019 12:23
I don't like it.

Padre Pio 27 July, 2019 13:46
Im not convinced myself yet, but need more specific points raised

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 27 July, 2019 14:09
F**K!! F**K!! F**K!
I am taking my coat.

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

goonerred 27 July, 2019 15:27
It looks like those sites that you click on and they don't fully load, so it's hard to navigate and you give up.

Boston Gooner 27 July, 2019 22:22
Quote:
goonerred
It looks like those sites that you click on and they don't fully load, so it's hard to navigate and you give up.

Agree.
And to much@#$%&at the top (the green bit)
Also to much@#$%&down right hand side.

Boston Gooner 27 July, 2019 22:25
Also you can't edit a post and change the subject title.

Ares 29 July, 2019 00:58
The site. It is unreadable. It is making my eyes bleed profusely.

Times New Roman when you're typing (In 2019) is cruel and unusual punishment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2019 01:15 by Ares.

Padre Pio 29 July, 2019 08:38
I have given some feedback to admin and referred this thread to them. Please raise issues and ideas here.
Thanks

Ares 29 July, 2019 17:03
This may be of interest to some (including admin)

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Hate the Twitter redesign? Here's how to revert to the old desktop version of Twitter:

This month, Twitter has rolled out a huge redesign of its desktop platform, in the hopes of making it ‘faster, easier to navigate and more personalised.’

Unfortunately for Twitter , most users have slammed the update, with many urging the tech giant to revert to the old layout.

Thankfully one Twitter user has found a way to get back to the previous desktop verison.

Scott Bixby, a reporter at the Daily Beast, tweeted a video, showing the trick, which involves the Twitter Directory.

1. On the lefthand side bar, click More

2. Click Settings and privacy

3. Under the General column, click About Twitter

4. Under the Other column, click Directory - this will open a new tab in your browser

5. On this new tab, click Home

6. You should now be reverted to the old version of Twitter!

@Site Admin

How about a handy little toggle feature for valued users aka content creators + transient folk taking a gander at the platform (and the advertisments on the platform) to view each message board in it's classic colours, a simplified theme with just the adverts + text content, a custom theme for registered users, and the latest exciting interface from D.A.G.

On Ads

Auto Play Sponsored Videos With Sound Are A Pain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2019 17:21 by Ares.

Ares 29 July, 2019 17:48
Orange and Blue

Can we go back to this classic theme

Warm Orange Background, Blue Text

Basic Complementary Colour Theory & Design

All of this with strategic placement of the club's home colours of red and white.

A far cry from the cookie cutter:

[insert main home colour here] + white + black text

presentation of pretty much 99% of sports club message boards on the internet then and now.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2019 17:55 by Ares.

Ares 29 July, 2019 18:19
Columns

Left column: vacant

Right column: loaded with More Arsenal Headlines + every ad going

Please

reposition the forum links on the left, heck reposition some of the ads on the left as well

and

position user posts dead centre in the desktop version of the site

btw

could the outside border banner ad (Braun for me) take five, whn you're scrolling down a page?

Jon Steer 30 July, 2019 20:32
Editing post titles should be back now.

New markers are back as long as you’re logged in. And if you click on them it will jump you to the first unread post on that thread.

I’ll look at more control over colours and themes.

Cheers

Jon

--
Jon Steer
Technical Director
sportnetwork.net

Padre Pio 30 July, 2019 22:15
But the topics no longer appear at the top of each post, nor was the topic section blocked out.
It was Topic followed by name and time of poster

Jon Steer 31 July, 2019 10:20
Got you - those are back now and using your colours.

Also added individual message boards links to the 'Message Boards' menu at the top of the page.

Jon

--
Jon Steer
Technical Director
sportnetwork.net

Padre Pio 31 July, 2019 11:56
That looks so much better, thanks Jon

Ares 01 August, 2019 03:22
you are appreciated Jon

goonerred 07 August, 2019 13:59
It may be just me of course, but I find it hard to tell who has posted original message and who is just quoting it. I have to double check.

Padre Pio 07 August, 2019 15:02
I agree its not that definite, I find it hard too. Admin is now on holidays so will raise later, do you think a blocked out heading for each post would help?

Ares 16 August, 2019 23:09
Are there any plans for the footballnetwork to move to https//:

Padre Pio 17 August, 2019 07:41
Why would we need https? There are no financial transactions, and there is no info stored directly on on the site

SuperRob 17 August, 2019 08:41
1. You get deprioritized on search engines if you don't have it.
2. Some Browsers will show users a message that says the site is not secure, potentially putting people off joining.
3. You do store usernames and passwords, they have to be transmitted over the Internet (http) for you to authenticate the user. Many people use the same password for every site they go on.
4. Other information also gets transmitted across the Internet such as your ip address and device information.
5. Ssl certificates are now available for basically no money so there is little reason not to do it.

Padre Pio 17 August, 2019 16:29
I have asked the network to look at these issues and see what their response is.
As its the weekend we may have to wait a few days.

Jack_is_the_truth 17 August, 2019 22:19
What’s up Jon long time no speak

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

goonerred 18 August, 2019 09:10
Quote:
SuperRob
2. Some Browsers will show users a message that says the site is not secure, potentially putting people off joining.
3. You do store usernames and passwords, they have to be transmitted over the Internet (http) for you to authenticate the user. Many people use the same password for every site they go on.
4. Other information also gets transmitted across the Internet such as your ip address and device information.
5. Ssl certificates are now available for basically no money so there is little reason not to do it.
Does this mean our security is at risk?

Padre Pio 18 August, 2019 14:22
IP adresses are only visible to administrators and protected by a separate password. The only info we keep is your email address.

goonerred 18 August, 2019 14:28
Quote:
Padre Pio
IP adresses are only visible to administrators and protected by a separate password. The only info we keep is your email address.
Are passwords at risk though?

Padre Pio 18 August, 2019 18:30
I cant obtain any password and I am authorised to enter admin area.

SuperRob 18 August, 2019 18:46
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
SuperRob
Does this mean our security is at risk?

Firstly I'm no expert on security specifically.

My answer would be that you are no more or less at risk than when using any other site on the Internet. Having https would make it slightly harder for a hacker because when you transmit your password when you are logging in, it will be encrypted.

However, sites that have https regularly get hacked by various methods, so it's by no means a guarantee of security. It's just good practice for websites to have it, especially as the search engines treat your site as if it is insecure if you don't, regardless of how secure the site actually is.

Basically as a user, I wouldn't worry about it.

As a site owner, there are only positives for doing it.

Padre Pio 17 September, 2019 15:20
Just to note that we now have an https URL.

Ares 18 September, 2019 02:30
https://regmedia.co.uk/2015/05/21/fibre_optics.jpg?x=442&y=293&crop=1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net