Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Transfer summary
Discussion started by djarse , 17 July, 2019 10:32
Transfer summary
djarse 17 July, 2019 10:32
I have no inside info from the club, but if the press is to be believed (ha ha!) this seems to be the most convincing summary:

Martinelli - top prospect, 18 year old Brazilian wide forward - confirmed

Everton Soares - [en.wikipedia.org] 23 year old forward - recently Man of the Match and Golden Boot winner in the Copa America - permanent deal apparently agreed - medical being arranged

Dani Ceballos - [en.wikipedia.org] Real Madrid 22 year old central midfielder - recently played in Spanish team that won under-21 European championship. Likely to be a loan - may or may not include an option to buy.

Kieran Tierney - [en.wikipedia.org] High quality Celtic left back though has had lots of injuries. 22 year old. Two bids rejected but looks like eventually we bid enough and get him permanently.

William Saliba - [en.wikipedia.org] 18 year old St Etienne - hot prospect centre back. We are competing with Spurs for him but he will go back on loan for next season to St Etienne. Palyer apparently prefers us to Spurs (I like him already)

No serious news yet on these gaps

* No central defender that can slot in immediately next season - surely the biggest remaining gap

* No second choice goalkeeper

These guys have come back from loan

Chambers, Asano, Nwakali,

Seems like we are promoting these to the first team:

Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Willock

We have offloaded already:

Ospina, Cech, Lichsteiner, Pleguezuelo, Bramall, Gilmour, Suarez, Wellbeck, Ramsey

We seem to be trying to offload

Jenkinson, Elneny, Mustafi, Ozil, Koscielny, Bielik

These guys have gone out on loan:

Iliev, Osei-Tutu, Ballard, Sheaf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2019 11:28 by Padre Pio.

Re: Transfer summary
MattySadler 17 July, 2019 11:08
A first choice left back, first choice midfielder and first choice winger, along with a forward/ winger and CB for the future, would be a much better window than we could've hoped for, but I think it would be a big mistake if we didn't sign add a better CB for the here and now.

djarse 17 July, 2019 12:15
Agreed Matty

What I like about those we are most associated with above is that they are all relatively young - two are 18, two are 22 and one 23 (these last 3 are though proven at a senior level to be high quality)

Padre Pio 17 July, 2019 16:11
Claims doing rounds that Saliba has signed with the rediculous 1 year loan back

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Padre Pio 17 July, 2019 16:52
More rumours that Saliba is on and also Cellabos to Arsenal Sky

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler 17 July, 2019 17:20
Quote:
djarse
Agreed Matty
What I like about those we are most associated with above is that they are all relatively young - two are 18, two are 22 and one 23 (these last 3 are though proven at a senior level to be high quality)

Yeah lowering the average age of the squad is important, as well as the wage bill.

Concern is the lack of outgoing rumours. Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac, Jenkinson, Elneny, Mkhitaryan and Ozil all need to go. Will be hard to find takers for some of them as they're either declining and/ or earning far beyond their ability.

Bergmars 17 July, 2019 19:08
Id be happy with the above mixed with our own young players and experience we have.

Under new managment

tigerline 17 July, 2019 20:58
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
djarse
Agreed Matty

Yeah lowering the average age of the squad is important, as well as the wage bill.

Concern is the lack of outgoing rumours. Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac, Jenkinson, Elneny, Mkhitaryan and Ozil all need to go. Will be hard to find takers for some of them as they're either declining and/ or earning far beyond their ability.

I would keep Monreal for one year ... as for the rest? GET RID!

Kalela 20 July, 2019 06:16
Quote:
Padre Pio
More rumours that Saliba is on and also Cellabos to Arsenal Sky

Dani Ceballos would be a good signing. Very good engine and technically gifted. He is the kind of player Arsenal needs on the wings or in midfield. Hopefully there is an option to buy him at the end of the loan.

djarse 21 July, 2019 17:37
Looking increasingly likely that Saliba, Tierney & Ceballos will happen.

Not so much noise about Soares as a few days back

And only vague rumours of various centre backs......

djarse 22 July, 2019 11:55
If the Metro is to be believed, it looks like the Zaha chase is on again.

This time it involves loaning Reiss Nelson and selling Jenkinson to Palace:

[www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

tigerline 22 July, 2019 13:47
At least it seems that we are trying to upgrade in this market and are willing to go beyond our assumed cap on spending.

Encouraging, if true.

MattySadler 23 July, 2019 05:35
Emery says he'll use Ceballos as an #8 or a #10.

Great didn't want to see him out wide.

CazOnARola 23 July, 2019 09:34
Out wide it will be auba/iwobi/nelson/ sako. I'm not sure if we are after zaha. If we are, then who is being sold to fund that?

SuperRob 23 July, 2019 11:36
Quote:
CazOnARola
Out wide it will be auba/iwobi/nelson/ sako. I'm not sure if we are after zaha. If we are, then who is being sold to fund that?

Plus Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Martinelli.

Although I think a winger like Zaha or Everton would be a great addition, I'm happy to trust in those young players and spend the money on a centre back.

CazOnARola 24 July, 2019 07:22
Yep a bigger hole lies in the centre back and DM positions. I dont see ceballos as an 8. He's to attack minded from whatever I've seen from him. Maybe a long term nos 10 to replace ozil and mkhitaryan.

djarse 25 July, 2019 13:54
Ceballos confirmed as joining on loan: [www.arsenal.com]

CazOnARola 25 July, 2019 14:55
Great

MattySadler 25 July, 2019 16:07
Saliba has been confirmed as well. Good day.

djarse 25 July, 2019 16:08

Padre Pio 25 July, 2019 16:33
Yes and now you too can have a Cellabos shirt, with a Double No Money Back Guarantee if he leaves after a year

tigerline 25 July, 2019 18:21
Quote:
CazOnARola
Yep a bigger hole lies in the centre back and DM positions. I dont see ceballos as an 8. He's to attack minded from whatever I've seen from him. Maybe a long term nos 10 to replace ozil and mkhitaryan.

Ceballos will wear No. 8.

CazOnARola 25 July, 2019 19:14
Yeah but he doesn't look defensive minded in whatever games i have seen, unless he's agreed to pay that role. Technically is definitely a good player, good shooting as well

Boston Gooner 28 July, 2019 11:33
Arsenal to launch bid to sign Juventus centre-half Daniele Rugani on loan.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Boston Gooner 28 July, 2019 11:40
Sami Khedira is at the Emirates today.
Probably a guest of his mate Ozil though.

mapleleafgooner 28 July, 2019 14:48
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Sami Khedira is at the Emirates today.
Probably a guest of his mate Ozil though.

Hope that is the case. He is already 32. While a highly experienced international, I don't think he will be able to deal with the EPL pace.

MattySadler 29 July, 2019 10:21
Could be a case of people putting two and two together after he was seen at the game yesterday, but there are reports today Sami Khedira is close to joining on a free.

SuperRob 29 July, 2019 12:11
It wouldn't be a transfer window if we weren't linked with khedira at some point.

MattySadler 29 July, 2019 19:11
Sounds like Asano is going to join Partizan on a one year loan with an option to buy.

djarse 29 July, 2019 21:35
Mustafi - Monaco interested

[www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

Hallelujah ! There is a God after all......

Padre Pio 29 July, 2019 22:31
Please please please

CazOnARola 30 July, 2019 07:26
Hopefully this means we have a CB lined up somewhere

Boston Gooner 30 July, 2019 17:17
According to the BBC, Arsenal boss Unai Emery wants to bolster his defence with the acquisition of a centre-back as well as Tierney from Celtic.

MattySadler 30 July, 2019 20:39
Apparently Bielik is set to join Derby for £10 million.

I'm disappointed he hasn't been given more of an opportunity, especially after his form last season, but if that fee is true then that's great.

CazOnARola 31 July, 2019 04:37
10mn is good business. We ruined him by playing him at CB because we didn't have any defenders in our youth teams.

MattySadler 31 July, 2019 05:34
Quote:
CazOnARola
10mn is good business. We ruined him by playing him at CB because we didn't have any defenders in our youth teams.

Not sure that's the main reason. The season before we moved him there Plegueuzuelo and O'Connor were very good together, plus Wenger always liked players playing in different positions for development (Iwobi - winger/ striker/ central midfielder, Maitland-Niles - right midfielder/ central midfielder).

Bielik's injury record also hasn't helped.

Either way £10 million is good business and can help fund other deals.

CazOnARola 31 July, 2019 07:24
I think at the time we had only two CBs which is why he was made the third. One of O Connor /zuelo e injured or something.

I remember someone even posting here about the lack of natural CBs in the youth team.

Wenger obviously likes moving around, but it's ok to move someone for a couple of months, not entire season.

I had watched a few YouTube vids of him playing DM when he joined us and he looked far better for his age than chambers in that position.

Either ways, we have enough players and it looks like we have the willingness to buy as well, so we should be ok as long as we keep trying to sign young players

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/07/2019 17:37 by CazOnARola.

Boston Gooner 31 July, 2019 14:02
Reports that we still want Zaha even when we get Pepe.

djarse 01 August, 2019 10:11
Seems like Asano is on his way after 3 years without ever playing for us:

[www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

But one more piece of deadwood cleared out....

MattySadler 02 August, 2019 08:44
Apparently we asked about Issa Diop's availability a few weeks ago

Boston Gooner 02 August, 2019 21:57
The Gunners are one of the clubs being linked with an interest in signing former Liverpool man Philippe Coutinho on loan, with reports even suggesting that Sanllehi's good relationship with Barcelona is putting Arsenal at the head of the race for the Brazilian

Merlion96 02 August, 2019 23:52
Apparently, Rugani is a no-good due to Chellini struggling with a calf injury.

Emery will need to move to Plan "B" and Plan "C" to sign another CB.

Come 8 Aug, Emery may do no worse by signing free agent Gary Cahill on a 1+1 contract with the 2nd year as an option.
It will tidy us nicely as cover for Sokratis till Saliba joins us next season, plus hopefully, by then Ballard and Medley will be ready by December 2020.

Pointless to sign EPL CB as theya re too expensive with a starting price of 50 to 50-mil.
Better to look to Latin America and Europe for a solution.

Mustafi will refuse to leave this lucrative contract and can be a bit-part player coming off the bench on those preliminary UEL matches during group stage and League Cup matches.

Won't surprise me that the CB for the new season will be:
1 - Sokratis
2 - Holding
3 - Chambers
4 - Mustafi
5 - Mavropanos
6 - Medley

Time for Chambers to make his bone o fight for his future at Arsenal.

Mavropanos?
Understand he lacks composure and panic easily. A poor reader of the game too.

Medley?
Poor reader of the game and still a lot to learn.
If he still can't improve, time to cut him loose next season.

2 out of 3 in Sokratis, Holding & Chambers laying regularly do not sound too bad especially MIDFIELD is reinforced with bite to shield Back-4.

MattySadler 03 August, 2019 05:02
Would take Coutinho over Ozil and Mkhi.

Rugani bid rejected.

We're very ambitious all of a sudden...

goonerred 03 August, 2019 10:29
How are we affording these players on 45 mil when we haven't shifted anyone????

Boston Gooner 03 August, 2019 11:10
Quote:
goonerred
How are we affording these players on 45 mil when we haven't shifted anyone????

Because it's bullshit.

MattySadler 04 August, 2019 21:45
Wonder if the Coutinho thing is to distract us from the likelihood that we won't sign a centre back

CazOnARola 05 August, 2019 02:42
Quote:
MattySadler
Wonder if the Coutinho thing is to distract us from the likelihood that we won't sign a centre back
Sounds horrific and exactly what ee have seen over the years. If we don't sign a CB, signing pepe would be an eye wash as well. I don't care much about the Tierney signing.

Chambers and mustsfi are equally useless. Chambers is so weak one v one that he doesn't get in even if we look past his lapses in conc

tigerline 05 August, 2019 11:02
Is Burnley CB J.Tarkowski a possibility?

MattySadler 05 August, 2019 11:48
Apparenly we're considering loaning Eddie Nketiah out and have received 23 offers, including Swansea, Bristol City and Cardiff.

My opinion is that given the amount of minutes Eddie would be likely to play here as third behind two pretty decent strikers, John-Jules is just as capable playing that role, while Eddie, like Willock, has been ready for regular first team football since at least last season, and would benefit much more from playing somewhere week in, week out.

Swansea having just sold McBurnie and being a bit strapped for cash could be a great move.

goonerred 05 August, 2019 11:50
Quote:
MattySadler
Apparenly we're considering loaning Eddie Nketiah out and have received 23 offers, including Swansea, Bristol City and Cardiff.
My opinion is that given the amount of minutes Eddie would be likely to play here as third behind two pretty decent strikers, John-Jules is just as capable playing that role, while Eddie, like Willock, has been ready for regular first team football since at least last season, and would benefit much more from playing somewhere week in, week out.

Swansea having just sold McBurnie and being a bit strapped for cash could be a great move.
If I were Eddie, I'd prefer to go to a PL club.

MattySadler 05 August, 2019 11:51
Quote:
tigerline
Is Burnley CB J.Tarkowski a possibility?

Probably the wrong profile for us now (age) but Ben Mee could be worth a look at as well.

Both of his centre back partners (Keane and Tarkowski) have played for England whilst being partnered by him at club level, left-sided, home grown and a consistent performer at Premier League level for a few years now.

Meanwhile rumours about Rugani persist.

goonerred 05 August, 2019 11:52
Meanwhile, United get Maguire. £80 mil

CazOnARola 05 August, 2019 12:07
The issues ai both untied and us are as much about organization and inter play as much as it is about individuals.
Van dijk hasn't magically transformed Liverpool, he was the final piece of a jigsaw puzzle which started years back.

Liverpool defend from the front and have pacy players so over the pitch. Their pressing is co ordinated which is why it works. And that is exactly why they conceded 3 to nspoli inspite of Van Dijk playing at CB.

United s pbms won't go away with the signing of maguire just like how our pbms pbms won't go away by diving pepe.

I know i said things about Holding, AMN, mustsfi and chambers but our midfield is as bigger part of the pbm if not bigger.

We keep giving the ball away in central areas when pressed. We are under pressure almost throughout the match against Barcelona because we cannot sing together 3 passes on a row.

I was most impressed with ceballos in that regard. I room start him ahead of both mkhi and ozil of needed.

We don't have ppl so can hold the ball under pressure or open up angles and take responsibility.

Ramsey would do that to an extent and i can see ceballos doing better than ramsey at back retention.

Ceballos, pepe and Lacazette of they play together will be able to retain the ball much better under pressure as they are not afraid about getting fouled

MattySadler 05 August, 2019 15:25
Reports we've had a 60 mill bid for a Bundesliga defender rejected. Might be Upamecano who we've been watching for years.

Can't help but think these are all tactical leaks to appease the fans...

Boston Gooner 05 August, 2019 16:24
Quote:
MattySadler
Reports we've had a 60 mill bid for a Bundesliga defender rejected. Might be Upamecano who we've been watching for years.

His release clause is 92 mill.
I doubt we will get him anyway.

CazOnARola 05 August, 2019 16:32
Quote:
MattySadler
Yep tactical leaks. But then they shouldn't sell kos

Merlion96 05 August, 2019 16:36
Come 8 Aug, another round of panicky buy and Gary Cahill looking more and more attractive come 8 Aug?

Oh well, Vermalean was released from Barca and is a free agent now? grinning smiley

But I doubt very much we will sign another CB.
Look like Emery will stick with Sokratis, Mustafi, Holing, Chambers, Medley and Monreal for 2019.

'A person should have nothing in his home that he does "not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful".' William Morris

goonerred 05 August, 2019 17:30
We need 80 mil and a penny for Mustafi. I can't post image but stats show Mustafi is better than Maguire
[i.postimg.cc]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2019 17:49 by goonerred.

MattySadler 05 August, 2019 18:20
Very quiet on the departures front.

MattySadler 05 August, 2019 18:30
Quote:
Merlion96
Come 8 Aug, another round of panicky buy and Gary Cahill looking more and more attractive come 8 Aug?

Just signed for Palace.

Gunnersingh1 05 August, 2019 19:20
Quote:
MattySadler

We shouod be after his CB partner Konate or Diop from West Ham fior that kind of Money.

Konate and Diop are both buge with pace, Upamecano is slowish and not that tall for a CB.

Gooner Sod 05 August, 2019 21:18
Quote:
goonerred
We need 80 mil and a penny for Mustafi. I can't post image but stats show Mustafi is better than Maguire
[i.postimg.cc]

Hahaha that's funny. But they have way overpaid for Maguire. Crazy!

Boston Gooner 05 August, 2019 21:53
Reports that talks with Forest over Carl Jenkinson transfer.

CazOnARola 06 August, 2019 05:15
Quote:
goonerred
[i.postimg.cc]
The stats have one key ingredient missing. Mistakes which directly lead to a goal. In sure xhska and mustafi would have a lot more of those. You will always overpay for anyone with premier league experience. But i don't think that mustafi is remotely better than maguire

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 05:27
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
We shouod be after his CB partner Konate or Diop from West Ham fior that kind of Money.
Konate and Diop are both buge with pace, Upamecano is slowish and not that tall for a CB.

Yes I'd rather have either as well, but I suspect both would cost more. Konate is pretty universally regarded as the better of the two, and Diop plays for a Premier League side who are ambitious and in a pretty cushy situation, financially, with the stadium deal, etc.

I'm not confident it will happen either way but if it does, at least Upamecano is physically strong, strong in duels, reads the game well and, importantly, stays on his feet, so he'd be an improvement on everything we already have here.

No idea how much money we are able to spend. My worry is that we're really gambling on getting into the Champions League and going all out, and may be eating into future season's transfer budgets if it doesn't come off. Could be well worth buying British as we may be able to get a "less fashionable" CB for less than £60 - 80 million...

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Reports that talks with Forest over Carl Jenkinson transfer.

Yeah and agreed a fee with Bordeaux over Koscielny apparently.

I'm seeing people trying to theorise that we wouldn't be selling Koscielny unless we were bringing a centre back in. However, Koscielny has gone on strike giving us little choice but to sell, and forgetting quality for a moment, numerically we still have Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Chambers and Mavropanos, as well as Monreal and Medley, who could all play there, so I certainly wouldn't say that is a guarantee. As I've said previously I think the links to Coutinho, Umtiti and Upamecano may be intentional leaks just to appease the fans.

Wonder if there will be any movement re the likes of Mustafi, Elneny and Mkhitaryan...

Honestly this surprisingly good transfer window needs a starting CB and LB to be truly excellent. We can't expect to do any better if we go into the seasons without strengthening those two areas. Come on get it done!

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 05:33
Suggestion that we are now priortising a CB and could look at the Tierney move in January instead.

Would rather get him in ASAP but don't think this injury has helped things.

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 09:13
Thinking about it a bit more and the other factor in Upamecano's favour is that, although right footed, he plays left-sided.

We're losing our best CB, Koscielny, who is left-sided, and our other left-sided options are Holding, Monreal, Mavropanos and Medley, who are all unsatisfactory for different reasons (Holding coming back from a big injury, Monreal old, declining and often injured, Mavropanos always injured and not developing as we hoped, Medley not ready).

Meanwhile for the right-side spot we have our second best CB, Sokratis, as well as Mustafi (for now) and Chambers. Not necessarily ideal options but they all tend to stay fitter than the left-sided options.

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 09:18
Tuttosport reporting Juventus have agreed to sell Rugani to a Premier League club. Us, Wolves and others have been linked.

djarse 06 August, 2019 09:24
Ornstein reporting that Koscielny is having a medical at Bordeaux and Jenkinson on his way to Nottingham Forest

Looks like we are left with Mustafi and Mkhitaryan over and above our needs but not a bad clear-out this summer.

CazOnARola 06 August, 2019 09:30
U need to add elneny to that list considering we have ceballos, xhaka, guendouzi, torreira and willock who can play CM.

Regarding CBs, emery will probably play xhaka at CB in the Premier League before medley 😬

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 09:31 by CazOnARola.

djarse 06 August, 2019 10:09
Ornstein now reporting that Nketiah likely to go out on a season-long loan, and we are still trying to shift Mustafi but it may be after the UK transfer window closes as European clubs can still buy after Thursday from UK clubs.

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2019 14:23
Reports that Coutinho loan deal is done.

Really be happier if defenders signed.

tigerline 06 August, 2019 14:38
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Dammit.
I know that he is supremely talented and will undoubtedly help to produce more goals, but that guy will complicate playing time for others and his whiny attitude will be a Team Cancer.

Watch ...

At least, this shows that we are still quite active in the market.
I will be shocked if they do not address are defensive shortcomins.

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2019 16:34
Quote:
MattySadler
Thinking about it a bit more and the other factor in Upamecano's favour is that, although right footed, he plays left-sided.

We're losing our best CB, Koscielny, who is left-sided, and our other left-sided options are Holding, Monreal, Mavropanos and Medley, who are all unsatisfactory for different reasons (Holding coming back from a big injury, Monreal old, declining and often injured, Mavropanos always injured and not developing as we hoped, Medley not ready).

Meanwhile for the right-side spot we have our second best CB, Sokratis, as well as Mustafi (for now) and Chambers. Not necessarily ideal options but they all tend to stay fitter than the left-sided options.

Reports that Leipzig are determined that any deal for Upamecano include Arsenal starlet Emile Smith Rowe as part of the deal.

No way

djarse 06 August, 2019 16:41
It might be they just want him loaned all season apparently - that would be ok

tigerline 06 August, 2019 16:42
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
MattySadler

Reports that Leipzig are determined that any deal for Upamecano include Arsenal starlet Emile Smith Rowe as part of the deal.

No way

I read reports that said that Leipzig was asking for either a loan or a permanent move - which I thought was a strange position to take. A loan deal for Smith-Rowe might not be terrible, but a permanrnt one - NO WAY!

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 16:51
I think a free of charge season loan + cash would be a great deal for us

Gooner Sod 06 August, 2019 17:08
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Where are you hearing such reports. Can people add sources or links pls! It'd be crazy if we pulled that off.

I don't mind a you score 4, we score 5 strategy for the season. The amount of entertainment on show will mean fans will get their moneys worth at least haha.

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 17:11
#3 and #6 shirts are there waiting to be taken

Gooner Sod 06 August, 2019 17:14
The market has gone crazy. Being quoted £50m for Rugani according to the Metro. This is Juventus 4th choice defender who will get zero game time in League or Europe unless there is an injury crisis.

Then quoted £70m for Upamecano, when De Ligt went for £62m!i blame this all on Man Utd and Maguire :-D.

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2019 17:15
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Where are you hearing such reports. Can people add sources or links pls! It'd be crazy if we pulled that off.

I don't mind a you score 4, we score 5 strategy for the season. The amount of entertainment on show will mean fans will get their moneys worth at least haha.

We don't need him.
He will probably end up at Spurs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 17:17 by Boston Gooner.

Gooner Sod 06 August, 2019 17:21
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
Boston Gooner

We don't need him.
He will probably end up at Spurs.

[www.skysports.com]

Yep, that's what Skysports are sayings. He's much better than Ozil so of course he'd improve us.

However if we get a decent defender and Tierney in, then I'll be more than happy.

Coutinho at his best is an improvement to Ericksen though so Spurs will be stronger if the deal goes through.

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2019 21:34
According to journalist Alfredo Pedulla, Rugani has agree personal terms with Arsenal in a deal that’s said to be worth around €4M-a-year (£3.68M), which, when worked out, equates to just over £70,000-a-week.

Pedulla also notes that the Gunners could sign the centre-back on a two-year loan deal with guaranteed purchase option of £40M (£36.8M) included in that deal

djarse 06 August, 2019 21:52
And reports that Elneny may be off to Galtasaray too !

If we can just shift Mustafi and Mkhitaryan, and bring in Tierney - what a window !!!

CazOnARola 07 August, 2019 04:28
Elneny can actually play centre back and can at least defend. We need mkhi gone before him. But one can't time this. One at a time. So elneny going would fantastic news

CazOnARola 07 August, 2019 04:52
Spurs seem to have signed Dybala. There are then chances of eriksen then going to United and Coutinho going to United as well in Wyckoff case eriksen not be sold to some other suitor with just a years contract remaining.

MattySadler 07 August, 2019 05:40
Would much rather Upamecano than Rugani.

Assuming/ hoping Rugani is the plan B.

CazOnARola 07 August, 2019 06:07
Agreed. Rugani is not too different from holding imho.. He doesn't have the physical presence and has mistakes in him as he is still learning, of course he is very good on the ball but that's not our primary requirement which is my primary complaint with holding. Rugani like holding imho works best in a back 3.

I don't care much for pep and his center back choices. Look at klopp and Liverpool. Their entire team is based on physicality and their defenders are no different. They all have pace and also cannot be brushed off the ball easily. This allows them to recover even when they make mistakes.

Considering our physically weak midfield, we need dominant CBs to be even remotely successful.

We need a fast, tall and physical CB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 12:06 by CazOnARola.

djarse 07 August, 2019 09:46
DC United in the States want talks with Ozil over a possible move to replace Rooney, according to the Mirror:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

January transfer - if it happens at all

MattySadler 07 August, 2019 09:54
Quote:
CazOnARola
Agreed. Rugani is not too different from holding imho.. He doesn't have the physical presence and has mistakes in him as he is still learning, of course he is very good on the ball but that's not our primary requirement which is my primary complaint with holding. Rugani like holding imho works best in a back 3.
I don't care much for pep and his center back choices. Look at klopp and Liverpool. Their entire team is based on physicality and their defenders are no different. They all have place and also cannot be brushed of the ball easily. This allows turn to recover even when they make mistakes.

Considering our physically weak midfield, we need dominant CBs to be remotely successful.

We need a fast, tall and physical CB.

Agreed.

djarse 07 August, 2019 10:15
Jenkinson move to Forest confirmed:

[www.arsenal.com]

goonerred 07 August, 2019 10:17
Quote:
djarse
Jenkinson move to Forest confirmed:
[www.arsenal.com]

Yay. It's about time we shifted him.

goonerred 07 August, 2019 11:12
According to Sky, Everton have made a £30 mil bid for Iwobi.

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2019 11:48
Quote:
goonerred
According to Sky, Everton have made a £30 mil bid for Iwobi.

😳😳

CazOnARola 07 August, 2019 12:09
Considering what they are getting for two young players from team across europe, Don't sell any homegrown players unless they give you an insane price like 60-70mn.

We only need to elneny and mkhi and buy a good CB and possibly LB. We can sign an AM after ceballos loan expires and mkhi is sold

djarse 07 August, 2019 12:48
Classy message from Jenkinson (bit of a contrast to Koscielny):

[twitter.com]

Padre Pio 07 August, 2019 12:51
That is classy, so rare these days, I really wish him luck

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2019 13:41
(Sm152)(Sm152)

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2019 13:51
Arsenal has turned their attention away from Juventus defender Daniele Rugani and are now looking at loaning Barcelona centre-back Samuel Umtiti instead, according to The Suns Mark Irwin.

OK, it is the Sun but at this stage of the transfer window we cannot ignore what is being reported and to some extent, this makes a bit of sense

goonerred 07 August, 2019 14:06
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
goonerred
[i.postimg.cc]
The stats have one key ingredient missing. Mistakes which directly lead to a goal. In sure xhska and mustafi would have a lot more of those. You will always overpay for anyone with premier league experience. But i don't think that mustafi is remotely better than maguire
Neither do I but some people rely on stats like that, shows how stats can be deceiving.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net