Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

People keep going on about signing defenders....
Discussion started by Gunnersingh1 , 11 July, 2019 08:41
People keep going on about signing defenders....
Gunnersingh1 11 July, 2019 08:41
Yes we all know we need them but that won't stop the rest of the team being shite!

Our midfield is dreadful, none of them can dictate or defend so it doesn't matter who's brought in at the back because they'll still be exposed.

In midfiled we've lost Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere and Coquelin. I'd ratther have them then our current midfield any day of tthe week.

Wingers- No pace or dribblers on the flanks. You need someone who can beat a man instead of just passing sidewards.

Upfront- As much as i like Auba, him and Laca bottled it when we really needed them, at the end of the season. Both of them relay on service, they're not going to score goals like Henry or Bergkamp use to.

People need to wake up if they think just signing defenders will just magically make us into a good team because it won't.

Re: People keep going on about signing defenders....
djarse 11 July, 2019 08:46
Much as it goes against the grain, I agree with Gunnersingh for once - we definitely need a good winger and a commanding central midfielder every bit as much as a central defender

MattySadler 11 July, 2019 10:09
I can't recall anybody ever suggesting that just signing defenders will magically fix everything?

It is widely acknowledged that we have easily the worst squad of the top 6, and arguably worse than the likes of Leicester and Wolves as well.

Unfortunately we don't have a sugar daddy and can't offer Champions League football.

Gooner Sod 11 July, 2019 10:22
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Yes we all know we need them but that won't stop the rest of the team being shite!
Our midfield is dreadful, none of them can dictate or defend so it doesn't matter who's brought in at the back because they'll still be exposed.

In midfiled we've lost Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere and Coquelin. I'd ratther have them then our current midfield any day of tthe week.

Wingers- No pace or dribblers on the flanks. You need someone who can beat a man instead of just passing sidewards.

Upfront- As much as i like Auba, him and Laca bottled it when we really needed them, at the end of the season. Both of them relay on service, they're not going to score goals like Henry or Bergkamp use to.

People need to wake up if they think just signing defenders will just magically make us into a good team because it won't.

Love it, Ramsey's biggest hater on here now admitting he's a decent player after he's GONE. Typical of Gunnersingh negative mindset. If we sold Xhaka, he'd be saying how we miss someone that can take a decent corner or hit accurate diagonal balls.

Gunnersingh1 11 July, 2019 12:55
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

Love it, Ramsey's biggest hater on here now admitting he's a decent player after he's GONE. Typical of Gunnersingh negative mindset. If we sold Xhaka, he'd be saying how we miss someone that can take a decent corner or hit accurate diagonal balls.

Where did i say he's decent? I'd rather have him here than Xhaka and Elneny means f uck all.

We've got ao much as fans to be positive about, haven't we....

Gunnersingh1 11 July, 2019 12:56
Quote:
MattySadler
I can't recall anybody ever suggesting that just signing defenders will magically fix everything?
It is widely acknowledged that we have easily the worst squad of the top 6, and arguably worse than the likes of Leicester and Wolves as well.

Unfortunately we don't have a sugar daddy and can't offer Champions League football.

All i've hearing all summer by our fans is about defenders.

MattySadler 11 July, 2019 13:13
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
MattySadler

All i've hearing all summer by our fans is about defenders.

I don't know which fans you've been listening to but we've been linked with players in a whole number of positions all summer, and all over twitter people list players they want signed in ither positions.

Unfortunately we've been weak defensively for a number of years, our 3 oldest players are all defenders and that seems to be the only area where we're making any progress with targets, aside from Martinelli.

CazOnARola 12 July, 2019 08:17
We are @#$%& for at least for 3 more years possibly for decades. It won't be long before we start struggling to keep europa spots. Fk kronke. Lacazette can at least link up play. Auba is just an out and out striker.. Lacls brain as well. Please sell him all he has value

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 08:18 by CazOnARola.

BootyDaddy 12 July, 2019 09:47
We are s.hit everywhere other than up front really.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net