Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Transfer window close date
Discussion started by Flava , 09 July, 2019 08:03
Transfer window close date
Flava 09 July, 2019 08:03
The transfer window closes in one month and we haven't exactly done much. Rumours of deals being 'close' but not over the line yet. Not many rumours of players leaving.

Up until now we have sold Ospina and brought in Martinelli, both deals have been mooted for ages. At what point during this window do we really start panicking about the lack of transfer activity?

Transfer Wndow closes
Padre Pio 25 June, 2019 18:54
8th August
Is it time to panic (Sm119)

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: Transfer Wndow closes
Boston Gooner 25 June, 2019 22:05
We have to get rid of our deadwood first.
And that's going to be a problem.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/06/2019 23:20 by Boston Gooner.

SuperRob 25 June, 2019 22:07
I'm panicking that we haven't sold Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac or Ozil yet.

Don't really care who we buy.

goonerred 26 June, 2019 18:36
I think it's time to panic, there has been no movement either way. If we head into the season with the same squad, we're doomed. United have just bought Wan-bissaka. will they buy more? As said, we need to get rid of some of our dead wood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/06/2019 13:43 by goonerred.

Boston Gooner 27 June, 2019 12:37
As usual other clubs signing players.

goonerred 28 June, 2019 08:47
[www.mirror.co.uk]

Aubamayang 'say yes' to United, if the Mirror is the be believed. If we sell one of our best goal scorers to our rivals I will be livid!!!

Bergmars 28 June, 2019 09:48
If he wants out there's nothing we can do as past history shows.The legacy of years of neglect is beginning to take effect.

Under new managment

Gooner Sod 28 June, 2019 10:52
Probably just paper talk regarding Auba.

Man Utd were actually WORSE than us last season. So the only reason to go there is a serious payrise. If true, i guess they haven't learnt from the Sanchez debacle.

Boston Gooner 28 June, 2019 10:55
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Probably just paper talk regarding Auba.
Man Utd were actually WORSE than us last season. So the only reason to go there is a serious payrise. If true, i guess they haven't learnt from the Sanchez debacle.

Man United will spend and build again.
We won't.

Gooner Sod 28 June, 2019 11:04
Quote:
SuperRob
I'm panicking that we haven't sold Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac or Ozil yet.
Don't really care who we buy.

Only Kolasinac and Xhaka will bring decent funds in. We cant sell Ozil unless we actually PAY money, so might as well keep him. We'll be taking a big loss of Mustafi so again its probably better to keep him as squad player.

Personally i'd sell Chambers (Had a good season on loan, cash in now) Koseilny (loads of teams interested), Mustafi (if possible to get 15m) Kolasinac (keep Monreal as backup), Xhaka (if i can get 40m as reported).

Those should bring 75m-85m, which will give us over 120m to spend. We've already removed Ramsey, Welbeck, Cech & Leicesteiner which freed up over 400k a week this year. I don't think we are in as dire financial situation as we are told.

Ideally we need to get Mhyki and Ozil off the wage bill but its unlikely. They are good players but the cost/performance benefits doesn't match up.

AJ The Gunner 29 June, 2019 06:43
the panic started when wenger left and kroenke refused to update his cash funds. we are toast. i hear ozy still no wan commot? that's piggin english o!!

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

djarse 01 July, 2019 14:30
Brahimi now touted as a free agent signing from Porto:

[www.skysports.com]

djarse 03 July, 2019 10:26
Ballard gone to Swindon on loan fore the season apparently.

Osie-tutu also gone out on loan next year.

Re: Transfer window close date
Padre Pio 09 July, 2019 15:12
Merged thread as clearly the same topic.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

younghansolo 09 July, 2019 15:21
I'd more than happily take a loss and swap Xhaka for Tierney presuming he'd go to Celtic.

If we don't sign anyone then for gods sake just play the kids.

younghansolo 09 July, 2019 15:40
Very frustrating seeing us spend forever chasing a defender (Salliba) who we are going to loan straight back to his parent club. Suggests we will go with what we have at CB this year.

If that's the case I expect Emery to be sacked by next summer.

Gooner Sod 10 July, 2019 18:29
Quote:
younghansolo
I'd more than happily take a loss and swap Xhaka for Tierney presuming he'd go to Celtic.
If we don't sign anyone then for gods sake just play the kids.

Haha Xhaka go to Celtic. Arsenal fans must really only see the bad in him lol.

Teams like Inter Milan, who play Champs league & arguably a bigger club than Arsenal are interested. So f we were to sell, he'd likely get a club similar level to us or even better.

I personally think he'd be perfect for the Italian league and will be one of the best CM there. He had a much better season than Jorginho who was one of the best in Italy with his slow style.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 18:31 by Gooner Sod.

SuperRob 12 July, 2019 13:56
ok, I give in. Now I'm panicking.

Last summer was so promising. Seems like that wasn't a good indicator of what was to come.

BootyDaddy 12 July, 2019 14:12
Until Kroenke f.ucks off every transfer window will feel like a kid stuck in detention watching everyone else playing outside.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Flava 12 July, 2019 15:51
Quote:
SuperRob
ok, I give in. Now I'm panicking.
Last summer was so promising. Seems like that wasn't a good indicator of what was to come.

Me too, gazumped by Spurs. Really embarrassing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net