Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Time to cash in Torreira
Discussion started by Merlion96 , 15 June, 2019 10:27
Time to cash in Torreira
Merlion96 15 June, 2019 10:27
[metro.co.uk]

He is too tiny for English Football and never really settled down.
Suspect like the late Jose Reyes, he still cannot come to grip with the English Language.

Remember how Jose's family egged to return to Spain when Real Madrid started tapping him?

Same situation with Lucas' Genovese girl-friend unhappy to live in England.

Prefer Joe Willock given a chance and a more sturdy new signing playing ACM.

'Unai Emery is tiptoeing around Wenger Legacy hoping to safely make it to the death of his Arsenal career.'

Re: Time to cash in Torreira
Bergmars 15 June, 2019 12:36
Milan after him apparently

Under new managment

BootyDaddy 15 June, 2019 12:37
Nonsense, he was arguably our best player for half the season.

He faded towards the end sure, but it's his first year in the PL.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gooner Sod 15 June, 2019 15:07
I wouldn't call 40m cashing in when we paid 26m for him. That's small change for our club.

We need to cash in on Xhaka, even though i'm one of his fans. Use the money to improve the team overall.

BootyDaddy 15 June, 2019 15:13
You're a fan of Xhaka ?!?!

F.uck me.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Boston Gooner 15 June, 2019 22:06
Quote:
BootyDaddy
F.uck me.

(Sm22)

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

MattySadler 16 June, 2019 08:59
If we get offered good money for any of our players then we absolutely should sell, but 40m for Torreira isn't good money.

Boston Gooner 16 June, 2019 09:57
Arsenal are refusing to sell midfielder Lucas Torreira amid interest from AC Milan, according to Sky in Italy.

With Marco Giampaolo set to move from Sampdoria to the San Siro as manager, he is keen to re-sign his former player, who joined the Gunners for £26m last summer.

But Milan look likely to switch to other options, including Sassuolo's Stefano Sensi, due to Arsenal's plan to keep the Uruguayan.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Gooner Sod 16 June, 2019 14:52
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
BootyDaddy
F.uck me.

(Sm22)

I know most fans don't like him personally, but facts are he was one of our best players last season. Most of us are fickle and remember all the time he switched off or cost us a goal. But not all the good games he had when we beat the likes of spurs & man utd.

He actually had a better season the Torreira and he's of a good age and teams are interested. So i'd cash in and find a more consistent player.

mapleleafgooner 16 June, 2019 17:10
Xhaka has come out to say he has not been contacted by Milan on his purported transfer. He needs to move on to allow Emery to rebuild his team. But I think it will be a mistake to sell Chambers as we should keep a small core of the English players. In fact, Chambers and Holding can be our future CB pairing for years to come if they receive proper defensive coaching and continue to improve.

MattySadler 24 June, 2019 05:53
Rumours at the moment that Torreira is unhappy and pushing for a move back to Italy.

Gazidis/ Milan are apparently looking to get him on a 2 year loan. €8 million loan fee with an obligation to buy him for €38 million at the end of the loan.

I'm all for selling any of our players provided a good enough offer comes in, but Milan can get f*cked that's rubbish.

mapleleafgooner 25 June, 2019 23:44
Looks like another Jose Reyes (RIP) situation. Don't like the weather. Don't like the food. Can't handle the language. Sell but ask for a good price.

Flava 26 June, 2019 06:15
22 years old and 4 years left on his contract. They’ll need to stump out some serious cash to get him

Padre Pio 26 June, 2019 08:22
His workrate seemed to drop in last third of season and had to be rested again. Not sure what it implied, genuinely exhausted or working his ticket

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

celine dion 26 June, 2019 18:30
I dont buy all this 'unhappy in London' stuff like London is somehow massively different to the continent. Firstly London is quite warm nowadays due to global warming, and Milan is quite foggy, so theres no real climate difference. Secondly London is entirely cosmopolitan. If, despite being from Uruguay, you have a burning desire to eat Italian food and talk to Italian people you can quite easily do so in London. its not 1965 where Torrreira's wife would have been sat on the number 5 bus miserably in driving rain making her way to a two up two down in Ealing to cook him steamed steak and kidney pudding once he got home from training. So the agent needs to come up with a better excuse frankly, such as 'Ivan Gazidis has offered us a massive sh*t load of cash so we'd like to be off please'.

Its a smart move by Milan though, in England, there are a lot of players like Torreira that charge around the place like a c8nt (except Arsenal players, obviously).
But there aren't that many in Italy, so his value is massively increased. We should be very wary of any player they offer as an exchange. Hopefully we have gone beyond the days of Wenger where our best players were so desperate to leave that they pretty much just f*cked off without so much as waiting for a transfer, so Arsenal were obliged to take any hopeless fool that was offered in exchange, and were unusually quite happy to do so as long as he was mildly famous so that they could put him on the front of the programme. Frank Kessie was a name I have heard linked as a part exchange. He looked decent about three years ago but to say he hasn't developed would be something of an understatement. If Milan don't want to give us loads of cash we should just tell the ungrateful little f8cker he's going nowhere. He's on enough money to send his wife on holiday to Italy as much as they both like.

thank you.

Padre Pio 26 June, 2019 22:22
Thank you Celine, I agree with you 100% thats the kind of stiff talking to we all miss these days. I bet that creep Gazidis is involved here on this as well

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SuperRob 27 June, 2019 06:21
The player says he knows nothing about Milan interest and is happy in London and at arsenal.

Next summer he could fetch far more than 45 m if he has a good season so we'd be mad to sell this year.

It's a made up story

Gooner Sod 27 June, 2019 14:59
Accoriding to Sky Sports

AC Milan are preparing a bid to sign Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira on loan, with a view to a permanent transfer.

The Serie A club will make an offer in the region of £4.5m for a two-season loan, with an additional fee of around £25m to make the Uruguayan's move permanent at the end of that period.

Sky in Italy understand that Torreira would like to return to Italy to work with his former manager Marco Giampaolo, who took over at AC Milan this month.

The 23-year-old joined Arsenal from Sampdoria for £26m last summer, and played in all but four of the London club's Premier League fixtures last season, three of which he was banned for.

With Arsenal having already lost Aaron Ramsey to Juventus, head coach Unai Emery is understood to be keen to avoid losing another of his central midfielders.

Torreira initially broke into senior football at Pescara, having moved to Italy as a teenager, before joining Sampdoria for little more than £1m in 2016.

What a complete joke of an offer. £4.5m for 2 season on loan then buy him for £25m which is lower than what we paid for him. Gazidis up to his tricks again with derisory offers. We need to tell them to where to go. The deal won't even help our transfer kitty in the short term and weaken an already bad team.

This is ridiculous, if he actually wants to go. Then they need to stump up serious money for him. If you don't have the cash, then don't waste the clubs time.

SuperRob 27 June, 2019 15:25
Meanwhile, David Ornstein says:
Quote:
“There’s one other potential generator of income and that’s been talked about online and in Italy a lot: that’s Lucas Torreira.

“He’s only a year into his stay. Suggestions he might be back to Italy with AC Milan. We’re told contrary to some reports, is not unhappy and Arsenal have no desire to sell him, although every player has their price.

“Milan who he’s been heavily linked with are keen on him, but they are not pursuing him because they have other targets.”

And Lucas Torreira himself says:

Quote:
“I don’t know anything about interest from Milan,” he said. “Nobody has called me. I am in the Premier League today and am happy to be part of Arsenal.
“It’s true, it hasn’t been easy adapting, but I am only thinking of the team now.

“I’m happy to be in London.”

Kalela 27 June, 2019 23:03
Sell him if you can make a good profit and buy Hamza Choudhury from Leicester City. Similar player but taller and more pace and would probably cost less.

Gooner Sod 28 June, 2019 09:50
But we won't make a good profit as he started well then fizzled out last season.

No one is coming with £50m+ bids and the boy is only 22. The figures being quoted are not much more than we paid. We'd be fools to sell him now.

I'm convinced he'll have a much better season this time around and value will be much higher next year if we are looking to sell.

mapleleafgooner 28 June, 2019 23:32
If he is to be sold, better be for more than what was paid for him. Otherwise don't sell.

AJ The Gunner 29 June, 2019 06:14
one season and he is unhappy and wants to return to italy??? what a waste. if he goes, then he is a massive failure who didn't even try one more time in a new league. i don't care if Arsenal is no longer a top 4 team, he has failed if he goes.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net