Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Bielik
Discussion started by djarse , 26 May, 2019 19:04
Bielik
djarse 26 May, 2019 19:04
Rated Man of the Match here at the Charlton v Sunderland play-off final : [www.newsshopper.co.uk]

Is he good enough for us though ?

Re: Bielik
celine dion 26 May, 2019 19:21
No. He's decent ,but at the end of the day its league 1, and Sunderland were useless. If we are going to get anywhere at all we need to be in for international class players of the kind Juventus and Barcelona are after. The De Ligts of this world, but before everyone else spots them. Bielik is not that. Plus it sounds like he wants to go back there for a second loan or even stay there forever anyway, judging by his interview.

Boston Gooner 26 May, 2019 21:21
We need better than him.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

MickTheMan 26 May, 2019 23:20
who else gonna pay these obscene kind of money hes on? He is 21 and playing league one football. It's hard to believe he'll be our delle alli. As much as i would like to be wrong (he's my countryman) we should part with a lot of these kind of players (high k's, no real fuss, not a teenager anymore).

Kalela 26 May, 2019 23:37
Wasn't Dele Alli from League One? The truth is quality players can be found at any level. I honestly don't believe Bielik is any worse than Xhaka. Probably less error prone. Giving him a shot before he is sold or loaned out again may not be a bad idea.

MattySadler 27 May, 2019 13:03
He has had a really good season. At one point he was quite comfortably the top performing defensive midfielder in League One. As CD pointed out though he's been played at far too low a level, especially considering he has done well at Championship level before.

Obviously decisions needs to be made on both him and Chambers now. I think given our lack of money, their versatility and that we will hopefully be binning the likes of Mustafi and Elneny this summer, there's definitely room for both of them in the squad. I think it would be wise to involve both of them in preseason, unless of course a good offer comes in.

Kalela 20 June, 2019 16:37
Bielik is playing really well for Poland in the U21 Euro tournament. He has been one of the best players in the tournament so far. Selling him or loaning him out again without giving him a chance first will show how poorly run this club really is. Kid deserves to be in the first team playing in midfield. He can defend and he can create/control the pace of the game.

MattySadler 20 June, 2019 20:39
Watched him yesterday against a strong Italy U21 side and thought he was brilliant.

He's quality on the ball, physically imposing and in two U21 Euro appearances for Poland, he's played 90 minutes in two different positions.

Worst case scenario we can make some money off him, but I think given what he can offer in two or three positions... Elneny out, Bielik in would be a cheap way of improving the squad.

Merlion96 23 June, 2019 00:52
Another Serge Gnarby and Jeff Adelaide situation then.

That dumbfcuk of a manager is losing all those youngsters - cannot see Nelson, Nketiah and Willock staying if they are continually being overlook in favour of French, Spanish and Latin American youngsters.

Matty, like to do a summary on all those Arsenal youngsters who left for Europe?

McGuane, Akpom, Chris WIllock, et al?

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Kalela 23 June, 2019 02:07
He had a really good game as a CB again today even though Poland were destroyed 4-0 by Spain. The Polish manager adopted the wrong tactics from the get-go and they got punished for it. Invited too much pressure but Beilik still played well and prevent many goals. He looks like a really good player and the club would be stupid not to give him a chance.

MattySadler 23 June, 2019 13:13
Quote:
Merlion96
Matty, like to do a summary on all those Arsenal youngsters who left for Europe?
McGuane, Akpom, Chris WIllock, et al?

I'll do a few of the more notable youngsters who have left the club since summer 2017.

Yaya Sanogo

The gangly cult figure left for Toulouse on a free transfer at the end of the 2016-17 season. Has since made 56 appearances in all competitions for the French side, scoring 12. The most positive thing here is that he appears to be over his injury problems.

Chris Willock

Left for Benfica on a free transfer at the end of 2016-17. Hasn't played for Benfica yet but has made 64 appearances for Benfica B, scoring 14.

Kaylen Hinds

Signed for Wolfsburg in summer 2017 for an undisclosed fee rumoured to be around £2.5 million. Went really badly has he didn't settle, hardly played and went AWOL for a week before being sacked. Hasn't signed for anyone since. A shame as he was talented, but injury prone.

Glen Kamara

Left for Dundee on a free transfer at the end of 2016-17. He was a revelation for Dundee, making 64 appearances before signing for Steven Gerrard's Rangers in January.

Daniel Crowley

Always showed great quality for our youth sides but his loan spells in the lower leagues didn't go well. Left for Willem II on a free transfer at the end of 2016-17. Started slowly, spending the second half of last season on loan to Cambuur, but found his feet this season, scoring 6 and making 11 in 40 appearances. May be called up by Ireland in the future.

Ismael Bennacer

Always liked Bennacer when I saw him. Bit of a Coquelin/ Xhaka hybrid - small and combative with an excellent left foot. Left for Empoli in summer 2017 for an undisclosed fee. Made 39 appearances as Empoli won Serie B, scoring twice. This season in Serie A he made 37 appearances. Looks set to leave Empoli following their relegation, with rumours we either have a buy-back clause or are due a sell-on fee.

Jon Toral

Bellerin's mate left for Hull in summer 2017 for an undisclosed fee, rumoured to be around £3 million. Played a lot last season but has hardly featured this season.

Donyell Malen

Surprise departure to PSV in summer 2017 for an undisclosed fee. Featured mostly for their second string last season but really broke into their first team this season, with 10 league goals in 31 appearances.

Marcus McGuane

Again something of a surprise departure as he signed for Barcelona in January 2018 for an undisclosed fee. A shame as he was very good and would've played more for us this season had he stayed. Has only featured for their B side so far.

Marc Bola

Solid left back/ centre back who I always liked. Signed for Blackpool following his release last summer. Played regularly for them all season and even played the full 90 against us twice, in the League and FA Cup.

Josh Dasilva

Another talented and versatile player who probably would've played for us this season had he stayed. He turned down a contract offer last summer to sign for Brentford. Spent the first half of the season in and out of the team, but finished the season pretty strongly, scoring a worldie against Millwall.

Vlad Dragomir

Talented left footed attacking midfielder. Left for Perugia following the expiry of his contract last summer, and has played regularly for them since in Serie B.

Tafari Moore

Signed for Plymouth following the expiry of his contract. Started the season playing regularly but was pretty poor defensively and didn't make a single appearance after the end of November, often not even featuring in the squad.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide

He was obviously very talented and had one good Emirates Cup for us, but I was never particularly impressed when I saw him for the reserves or first team. Left for Angers last summer for around £1.5 million and has done really well this season. Rumours he could be set for a big money move this summer.

Chuba Akpom

Always scored regularly for our youth sides and for our first team during pre-season, but it never happened for him in the first team or out on loan. Signed for Greek side PAOK last summer for an undisclosed fee. Had a great season, making 33 appearances as they won the league unbeaten, scoring 8, including the only goal in the Greek cup final.

Joao Virginia

Surprise departure to Everton for an undisclosed fee last summer. I was really disappointed with this one personally as he was brilliant whenever I saw him for the U23s. Hasn't featured for Everton's first team yet.

Stephy Mavididi

Another I really liked who left for Juventus last summer for an undisclosed fee. Has played regularly for their U23s and made his first team debut towards the end of the season.

Gedion Zelalem

Signed for Kansas City in March on a free after failing to live up to his early hype and spending a lot of time out injured. Has made a handful of appearances for them since.

So yeah, some great, some not so great, but a few like Kamara, Bennacer, Reine-Adelaide, Akpom, etc, are making good careers for themselves.

Merlion96 23 June, 2019 22:14
Thanks Matty.

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

djarse 23 June, 2019 22:36
Yes brilliant update Matty

MattySadler 24 June, 2019 07:33
Cheers lads

Bergmars 28 June, 2019 06:13
Apparently Bielek wants to leve

Under new managment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net