Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Report names five Arsenal players Emery plans to sell.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 27 March, 2019 13:08
Report names five Arsenal players Emery plans to sell.
Boston Gooner 27 March, 2019 13:08
Arsenal are reportedly planning a summer clear-out with Mesut Ozil, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mo Elneny, Calum Chambers and Mustafi expected to leave.

Arsenal manager Unai Emery is planning to sell five senior players this summer in order to raise funds for new signings, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan one of those facing an uncertain future at The Emirates Stadium, as reported by the Mirror.

The Gunners have been linked with a number of big-money transfer targets, such as Christopher Nkunku, Nico Barella and Nicolas Pepe, but funds are tight in North London. According to the Sun, Emery will be handed a budget of just £40 million.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Report names five Arsenal players Emery plans to sell.
younghansolo 27 March, 2019 13:10
Personally suspect these are just the obvious suggestions rather than a leak from the club.

Think we will also lose Monreal to Barcelona as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2019 13:11 by younghansolo.

djarse 27 March, 2019 14:08
I would keep Chambers

SaltnPeppah 27 March, 2019 21:01
Quote:
djarse
I would keep Chambers

What for? To scrub the dressing room after training?

Boston Gooner 27 March, 2019 21:35
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Quote:
djarse
I would keep Chambers

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

mapleleafgooner 27 March, 2019 23:50
Why is Xhaka not on the list?

djarse 28 March, 2019 04:57
Quote:
djarse
I would keep Chambers

Because he has had a very good season with Fulham as a defensive midfielder and could be good cover for Torreira

goonerred 28 March, 2019 08:56
I don't rate Chambers. How can we get rid of Ozil until his contract expires,nobody else is daft enough to pay those wages. Probably nobody would want him anyway.

BootyDaddy 28 March, 2019 11:35
^Maybe a Chinese club but that mad spending year or two seems to have died down a bit now over there.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

goonerred 28 March, 2019 12:49
Quote:
BootyDaddy
^Maybe a Chinese club but that mad spending year or two seems to have died down a bit now over there.
Oh God,yeh,I never thought of that, sign him up please.

Merlion96 28 March, 2019 16:11
Can't be true.

Else it is rotten timing by Emery since we are entering the crucial period of needing to win the last 8 League games and every players must give his best free of worry on their future.

Writers must be Tiny Totts or ManU or Chelski fans to destabilize the squad.

'Unai Emery is tiptoeing around Wenger Legacy hoping to safely make it to the death of his Arsenal career.'

Padre Pio 28 March, 2019 18:42
Cant imagine he would leak it at this time, but a subaltern might.
Anyway why only five?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net