Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Only 40 Mill to spend this summer.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 04 February, 2019 23:18
Only 40 Mill to spend this summer.
Boston Gooner 04 February, 2019 23:18
If true we are stuffed.

And 18 mill of that could be on Denis Suarez.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Only 40 Mill to spend this summer.
Gunnersingh1 04 February, 2019 23:25
We're a joke if this is true!

We should have stayed at Highbury!

Merlion96 05 February, 2019 00:22
… plus whatever funds we can collect from selling players.

The point is that priority is to lower our overall salaries below the cap before we can buy new players to comply with EPL and FA rules.

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

MattySadler 05 February, 2019 07:04
Nightmare

goonerred 05 February, 2019 09:48
It's all these very mediocre players on such high wages causing the problem, and Ozil's salary. How could anybody let this happen?

Gooner Sod 05 February, 2019 10:13
Quote:
Boston Gooner
If true we are stuffed.

Have you got a source? It seemed they were saving up in January to make a big splash in Summer to change a lot of the squad. £40m will not do that, i think we'll spend more than that.

We don't have any players worth decent money unless we sell Lacazette, Aubamayang, Guendouzi or Torreira. All those we have to keep....

Boston Gooner 05 February, 2019 10:58
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
Boston Gooner
If true we are stuffed.

Have you got a source? It seemed they were saving up in January to make a big splash in Summer to change a lot of the squad. £40m will not do that, i think we'll spend more than that.

We don't have any players worth decent money unless we sell Lacazette, Aubamayang, Guendouzi or Torreira. All those we have to keep....

No it's just what I have read.
Hopefully it's wrong.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

goonerred 05 February, 2019 14:50
[www.dailymail.co.uk]
[www.mirror.co.uk]

Hang onto your hats, it's going to be a rough ride.

Bergmars 05 February, 2019 14:58
How exactly dio they know this surely even the morons running our club are not that stupid that they've released this
Imagine what season ticket sales will be like if this is confirmed because I certainly would not pay the prices they are.

Under new managment

goonerred 05 February, 2019 15:03
Quote:
Bergmars
How exactly dio they know this surely even the morons running our club are not that stupid that they've released this
Imagine what season ticket sales will be like if this is confirmed because I certainly would not pay the prices they are.
I don't know, but if it's true I agree with you. Arsenal fans pay a high fee to watch their team, the least they can do is provide some good players to watch.

younghansolo 05 February, 2019 16:04
Seriously, Anyone on here who still pays to go to the games is part of the problem.

It's time to stop giving this regime any money. Stan will (again) take out at least £4m for his own personal dividend. So 10% of our transfer budget is allocated to a billionaire who has offered us absolutely zero.

We have over £200m in cash reserves and are about to bring in an extra £30m in revenue from commercial deals.

This is beyond disgusting. I for one will not be giving them another penny and I advise everyone to do the same.

Bergmars 05 February, 2019 16:45
I've stopped buying shirts or anything come to that

Under new managment

younghansolo 05 February, 2019 17:11
(Sm128)

Kalela 05 February, 2019 22:46
They have realized they won't make the Champions League this season either. The funny part is they are using FFP as an excuse to not spend when it was Wenger and the Arsenal board who were pushing for it.

djarse 07 February, 2019 11:35
Pepe and Troussard - both wingers - linked in this interesting article:

[www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

SuperRob 07 February, 2019 12:50
Meanwhile David ornstein says its £100m. The truth is that nobody knows. I doubt the club even knows at this point. If we get in the champions league it'll be a different amount to if we don't make the europa league.

Bergmars 07 February, 2019 13:00
Quote:
SuperRob
Meanwhile David ornstein says its £100m. The truth is that nobody knows. I doubt the club even knows at this point. If we get in the champions league it'll be a different amount to if we don't make the europa league.
Exactly

Under new managment

younghansolo 08 February, 2019 17:11
100m including salaries is not really my uch more than 40m transfer budget though.

AJ The Gunner 10 February, 2019 16:52
that's why Emery wants t sell Ozil so he can free up cash. now whether that's is a good idea it's left to be seen.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Merlion96 10 February, 2019 21:21
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
that's why Emery wants t sell Ozil so he can free up cash. now whether that's is a good idea it's left to be seen.

There is a growing idea why not let him leave on a free transfer in the summer to free up the wage bill?

Unfortunately, Ozil loves London too much to move … unless Chelski or Tiny Totts or WHU or Palace or Watford make a move to sign him up!

'We can strive to act as best as we can, but we can never completely control the outcome. … … but if we make our goal simply doing the best we can, then nothing can get in our way' Stoicism

mapleleafgooner 11 February, 2019 13:04
Quote:
Merlion96
Unfortunately, Ozil loves London too much to move … unless Chelski or Tiny Totts or WHU or Palace or Watford make a move to sign him up!

I hear that London has the best Kahvalti and Menemen outside of Turkey.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net