Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ramsey agrees to join Juventus apparently.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 09 January, 2019 23:05
Ramsey agrees to join Juventus apparently.
Boston Gooner 09 January, 2019 23:05
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has agreed to join Juventus in the summer, according to Sky in Italy.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Ramsey agrees to join Juventus apparently.
Boston Gooner 09 January, 2019 23:09
Aaron Ramsey has agreed a five-year deal with Juventus worth £36m and will join the Italian champions at the end of the season. The midfielder has been discussing a deal with the Serie A club for weeks now and on Wednesday reached an agreement that will see him leave Arsenal after 10 years at the club.

It has been clear for some time now that the Welshman will leave Arsenal in the summer and Juventus had been the frontrunners to secure the 28-year-old’s signature. Ramsey will be paid around £140,000 a week (£7.2m a season), making him the Italian club’s second highest earner behind Cristiano Ronaldo but ahead of other such as Paulo Dybala and Douglas Costa.

Shane 09 January, 2019 23:24
We couldn't have given him an extra £30,000 a week no?

Ares 09 January, 2019 23:55
Good for him and his new club.

Gunnersingh1 10 January, 2019 00:33
Great news.

Hopefully, the other shite players we've got follow him!

MattySadler 10 January, 2019 07:23
Shouldn't be losing a player like this for free.

We need to be ran better.

Bergmars 10 January, 2019 07:52
Travesty and false economy must be more to this than we are aware

Under new managment

Padre Pio 10 January, 2019 08:28
Quote:
Bergmars
Travesty and false economy must be more to this than we are aware
Can’t say I’m bothered, but the reasons are believed to be Ozil wages and that Emery doesn’t need two of em

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner 10 January, 2019 09:09
Quote:
MattySadler

CazOnARola 10 January, 2019 11:39
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
MattySadler

Gooner Sod 10 January, 2019 17:26
Could have easily got £30m+ for him. Should have signed him up then sell him end of season or the following year.

Kalela 10 January, 2019 23:28
Good luck to him. I thought he was the best midfielder - may be even the best player - in the premier league during the 2013/2014 season before he got injured. Along with I remember him completely dominating Yaya Toure in a game against City. He never reached those levels again since he came back and to be honest I haven't been a fan of him because of his extremely selfish ways. While playing as part of midfield pair, the guy would spend 90% of the game in the other teams box. Never understood that. May he was being selfish/greedy or may be it was a Wenger directive. That ruined him as a player but because if continued to play the same way as he did in that season, he would continue to be a very valuable player for the time and they would pay him whatever he wants.

Boston Gooner 11 January, 2019 22:23
Juventus are reportedly prepared to offer Moroccan centre-back Medhi Benatia to Arsenal in order to get a deal over the line for Aaron Ramsey this January. Ramsey becomes a free agent in the summer and the 28-year-old midfielder has agreed to join Juve where he is set to become the club’s second-highest paid player behind Cristiano Ronaldo. However, Juventus are yet to reach an agreement with Arsenal and the Serie A club are exploring every avenue in order to win the race for Ramsey. Gazzetta dello Sport suggests that Juve are set to include Benatia in any potential deal for the Wales international.

MattySadler 12 January, 2019 07:16
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Juventus are reportedly prepared to offer Moroccan centre-back Medhi Benatia to Arsenal in order to get a deal over the line for Aaron Ramsey this January. Ramsey becomes a free agent in the summer and the 28-year-old midfielder has agreed to join Juve where he is set to become the club’s second-highest paid player behind Cristiano Ronaldo. However, Juventus are yet to reach an agreement with Arsenal and the Serie A club are exploring every avenue in order to win the race for Ramsey. Gazzetta dello Sport suggests that Juve are set to include Benatia in any potential deal for the Wales international.

I'd rather just have some money.

Bergmars 12 January, 2019 10:11
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Boston Gooner

I'd rather just have some money.
Agree

Under new managment

MattySadler 11 February, 2019 17:15
Signed his contract today according to the BBC having passed his medical. Becomes the highest paid British player of all time with a basic salary of £400k p/w.

Will depart the club after 11 years.

goonerred 11 February, 2019 17:37
Quote:
MattySadler
Signed his contract today according to the BBC having passed his medical. Becomes the highest paid British player of all time with a basic salary of £400k p/w.
Will depart the club after 11 years.

Yes, go on a free and you can command that kind of money. It's ridiculous and he's not worth it. I'm annoyed with our club that he's been allowed to let his contract run down. Our club is a bloody joke at the moment. I'm sure someone has done all of this on purpose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 17:46 by goonerred.

Padre Pio 11 February, 2019 17:43
Yes it was Wenger and Gazidis that let it happen. Then Ramsey demanded an alleged 240k per week so they told him to feck off

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred 11 February, 2019 17:49
Quote:
Padre Pio
Yes it was Wenger and Gazidis that let it happen. Then Ramsey demanded an alleged 240k per week so they told him to feck off
Sholud have made him sign or sold him as we should have done with Sanchez.

younghansolo 11 February, 2019 18:17
Exactly. It was idiotic not to give him the money for a season. Now Ramsey is getting the transfer fee we should have had.

tigerline 11 February, 2019 19:54
The Ozil contract and the incompetence surrounding Ramsey’s end game are under wenger’s negligent mismanagement and Gazidis’ coawardice.

It is why wenger was sacked and then Gazidis stole off like a thief in the night in shame.

Gooner Sod 11 February, 2019 20:15
Ridiculous money, but it shows the value in running down your contract.

A £40m player being let go for free, terrible mismanagement by our club. Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey all on silly money as our club allowed them to get away with it.

That £40m has been added onto is wages, Well played young man, Can't blame him.

Also likely to win the league and potential Champs league even if he's not a guaranteed starter plays half the games.

goonerred 11 February, 2019 20:27
They're saying that this is the way forward for players now, just run down your contract and get a final bumper pay day. That could backfire if nobody wanted you as the end of your contract came nigh. I'm sure Theo refused to sign a couple of contracts ago hoping for a big club to come n for him. We ended up re-signing him!

Gooner Sod 11 February, 2019 20:36
Quote:
goonerred
They're saying that this is the way forward for players now, just run down your contract and get a final bumper pay day. That could backfire if nobody wanted you as the end of your contract came nigh. I'm sure Theo refused to sign a couple of contracts ago hoping for a big club to come n for him. We ended up re-signing him!

It makes sense for top players.

The next big ones coming up are Eriksen, Hazard & De Gea. They must have seen this Ramsey news and had big smiles on their faces.

Either Chelsea sells Hazard for under £80m or he'll be on 600k a week by sticking it out. Same with the other two. These players are well ahead of Ramsey in terms of being world class.

It's a short career so i can't knock it. Wherever they go they'll be at top clubs so who can blame them.

regnew 11 February, 2019 21:54
Ah well that's the end of Juve's success if they insist on playing such a selfish player who plays a part in promising attacks only for it to break down and destroy all the good with a stupid back-heeled flick imagining that he's some kind of super Brazilian of old. Emery prefers unselfish team players.

younghansolo 11 February, 2019 22:06
Quote:
regnew
Ah well that's the end of Juve's success if they insist on playing such a selfish player who plays a part in promising attacks only for it to break down and destroy all the good with a stupid back-heeled flick imagining that he's some kind of super Brazilian of old. Emery prefers unselfish team players.

Yes. It will be juventus' success. Litterally every big club on the planet wanted him except arsenal.

Gooner Sod 11 February, 2019 22:47
Quote:
younghansolo
Quote:
regnew

Yes. It will be juventus' success. Litterally every big club on the planet wanted him except arsenal.

Truth is they all mainly wanted him cus he's free, decent squad player and at a good age. Let's not suddenly pretend Ramsey is world class and above Arsenal. He's been here 11years and only 1 season was he the best player in the team.

Even if he flops, Juventus can command 40m for him from an English team. Although getting him off that salary will be the issue like we have with Ozil.

Gunnersingh1 11 February, 2019 23:40
Quote:
regnew

Spot on.

He'll be at Juve 2 years max and then will come back to England a failure.

goonerred 12 February, 2019 08:49
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
regnew

Spot on.

He'll be at Juve 2 years max and then will come back to England a failure.
But very wealthy.

Bergmars 12 February, 2019 10:35
Good luck to him

Under new managment

younghansolo 12 February, 2019 16:59
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
younghansolo
Quote:
regnew

Truth is they all mainly wanted him cus he's free, decent squad player and at a good age. Let's not suddenly pretend Ramsey is world class and above Arsenal. He's been here 11years and only 1 season was he the best player in the team.

Even if he flops, Juventus can command 40m for him from an English team. Although getting him off that salary will be the issue like we have with Ozil.

Yes, let's ignore all of their world class scouting networks at the biggest clubs in the world and say they only want him because he's free. There are literally dozens of opportunities for clubs to sign players in identical situations and they all wanted Ramsey.

Padre Pio 12 February, 2019 17:38
Lets put argument about how good he is on the back burner, clearly he was expecting very high wages from Arsenal, we already have several players who have distorted the wage system at Arsenal. Do we pay Ramsey £400k pw and buy no one else or let him go and bring three decent defenders in?
That is the reality of our club

Boston Gooner 12 February, 2019 18:40
I doubt we will get 3 decent defenders.
We have trouble trying to sign one.

Merlion96 12 February, 2019 22:20
Nay, no defender signing.
Instead, Emery will put his faith in homegrown players like Chambers, Bielik, Mavopanos, Holding and Medley to step into the breach.

Koscielny, Sokratis and Monreal will be retained as a cheaper option than spending 40 to 50-mil to buy a worldclass CB.

Better to spend the limited funds to buy adecent LB or RB rather than a CB, which we are well-stocked if not for that injury crisis or CB loaned out.

'A person should have nothing in his home that he does "not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful".' William Morris

younghansolo 12 February, 2019 22:20
Quote:
Padre Pio
Lets put argument about how good he is on the back burner, clearly he was expecting very high wages from Arsenal, we already have several players who have distorted the wage system at Arsenal. Do we pay Ramsey £400k pw and buy no one else or let him go and bring three decent defenders in?
That is the reality of our club

For me I would have but played it out like this

"Hi Aaron, of course we will pay you 400k per week and of course we will play you as a number 8 and run into scoring opportunities"

He signs the deal

A couple of weeks later:

"Aaron were selling you in january. Let it be a message to any player who wants to try and hold us to ransom"

Padre Pio 12 February, 2019 23:25
And Aaron says, no thanks I have a contract; Im staying to hang out with Ozil

younghansolo 13 February, 2019 08:56
Quote:
Padre Pio
And Aaron says, no thanks I have a contract; Im staying to hang out with Ozil

He's not Ozil though. He wants to play football, he also has some pride. At 28 with plenty still to achieve and an international career to think about (unlike Ozil) he would be more than happy to leave.

Stay at Arsenal and earn 400k a week, or go to Juventus, win everything and earn 400k a week. I can't seen Ramsey sitting on the sidelines personally.

Also I suspect it wouldn't have been 400k in reality. We did agree a contract with him previously and withdrew it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2019 08:59 by younghansolo.

AJ The Gunner 13 February, 2019 10:18
The one Emery wants got away and the one he doesn't want is still resisting an inevitable arrest. Shame Ramsey got away on a free transfer.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Gooner Sod 13 February, 2019 17:05
Quote:
younghansolo
Quote:
Gooner Sod

Yes, let's ignore all of their world class scouting networks at the biggest clubs in the world and say they only want him because he's free. There are literally dozens of opportunities for clubs to sign players in identical situations and they all wanted Ramsey.

I think you need to read the post again. You obviously don't get my point. No one is saying the only reason is because he's free.

An example, say Ramsey had 3yrs left on his Arsenal contract but we put him up for sale for his market value around £40-£50m. Do you still think all of Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich and PSG will still be queuing up to sign him then?

In my opinion, its much less likely. Obviously he's a good player and can be very effective at times. But the fact he was out of contract so no fee needed to be paid attracted a higher level of club. It's a much lower risk than paying a fee, as not many players of his level is available on free.

But i'm not gonna act like we're losing Fabregas, RVP or even Sanchez as he's nowhere near their level of importance to us at the time they left based on his performances.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net