Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

David Dein “advising FSG and set to be appointed”
Discussion started by Philly the kid , 20 May, 2012 13:11
David Dein “advising FSG and set to be appointed”
Philly the kid 20 May, 2012 13:11
Former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has been advising Liverpool’s owners Fenway Sports Group in recent months and is set to be appointed at Anfield, according to reports.

It is understood that Dein played a part in the decision to remove both Damien Comolli and Kenny Dalglish from the club in recent weeks and is playing a major part in the interview process for a new Reds manager.

Dein was spotted with former Liverpool Director of Football Comolli shortly before the Frenchman’s departure, sparking speculation that he was set for a role at Anfield.

Reds managing director Ian Ayre has hinted this week that the recent departures at the club will force a shake-up of roles with many predicting Ayre’s role will be restricted to commercial revenues, allowing a new director of football to take over all sporting decisions.

As ever, watch this space.

linky

Fu(king hell. Didn't expect this story.
What do we make of this then?

Re: David Dein “advising FSG and set to be appointed”
younghansolo 20 May, 2012 17:26
Should be here right now. Clearly he is needed

eduardo 20 May, 2012 19:16
needed for what

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Gunners R Us 20 May, 2012 19:18
he's good at his job but he is also a snake.

He probably could have been the only person to make wenger stop his stubborn ways in the transfer market though so I see where YHS is coming from.

SuperRob 20 May, 2012 19:20
to tell wenger to stop being a p.rick a few years ago.

hopefully gaz has done that now though (but in his politicians words)

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 19:29
Oh yes all those stubborn ways as the Board made 400 million even as they begged him to spend more over and oover because that was their real concern. Even though when he ignored them they never did anything about that.

Unreal

kreddie16 20 May, 2012 19:46
I want proof radio, I want to see the an actual document stating how much they made from Arsenal to the penny.

SuperRob 20 May, 2012 19:49
this £400 million, it isn't the same rise in share price that has obviously come about from the bidding war between usmanov and kroenke is it? Or the rise in share price that comes about from the new stadium that was built.

yes they've made sh.it loads of monies and haven't invested any of their own money in the club while having huge ticket prices and this is their biggest crime. But frankly the link between not spending on players and rising share prices is unproven at best and tenuous at worst.

The share price reflects the value of all the clubs assets including cash. Arguably, players are potentially worth more before they are sold and turned into cash. The obvious example is Cesc, who was probably considered to be worth more money when he was at arsenal than the actual amount that we got for him.

No doubt you think I am living with my head in the sand or something but the honest truth is that I cannot see any link between the share price and players being sold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2012 19:56 by SuperRob.

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 20:18
SuperRob that is partly correct no doubt.

The problem how ever is - from 2009-2011 the share price rose over 5000 pounds and that corresponds entirely with the profitable completion of the re-development of Highbury.

Go ahead and go look at any charting of the share price. The Share obviously plummeted in 2008 during the economic crisis but much of that lost value was in fact made back ny 2009.

The share price then plummeted to below 7000 GBP as the Club announced it may not be able to repay to the redevelopment loan as scheduled in the spring of 2010. it rose slowly from there but the share price rocketed upward at the same time as the Club announced it had in fact repaid that loan six months ahead of schedule.

Check the news stories and then the price chart. Even if you are charitable to the Board the share price rose fully by one-third once the project was successfully completed and paid off. That's over 3300 pounds.

It should also be noted that when Stan Kroenke joined the Board he made a pledge not to bid to take over the Club before 2009 unless another bid was made. My guess would be he did not want to take over unless the re-development loan was paid on time and the additional profits were in fact banked away as protection for his investment. How they protect it is still a mystery.

kreddie16 20 May, 2012 20:26
How many shares have they sold then? if i'm following correctly.

SuperRob 20 May, 2012 20:36
oh yeah and the other point I forgot to metnion is that the three men who make all the decisions (and have been making all the decisions since 2009ish), haven't made a penny out of the rest of the board making millions. Kroenke, Gazidis and Wenger make all the decisions and two of them have not been affected by the share price and presumably kronke wants to keep the share price down at the moment.

The rest of the board are nothing but puppets of Kroenke and Gazidis now and they are the ones who have made all the money from selling shares.

SuperRob 20 May, 2012 20:48
I don't know the timeline of events well enough to know what caused what share price changes. When did Usmanov come onto the scene? When did everyone find out about danny Fiszmans health?

All I'm saying is that there have been lots of big events at arsenal in recent years that have contributed to the rising share price more than the selling of players. I'm not even convinced how much selling one or two players or even all your star players would have on the share price.

It seems counter intuitive to me that the club would be worth more if they had a worse squad (by selling all the good players as we have done) because the potential to continue getting high revenues from cl and large fanbase and commercial sponsorships diminishes. I said the share price reflects all assets including players and cash but it also reflects the clubs potential to continue earning high revenues which are linked to success.

This is why I don't think the share price rise is linked to selling all our good players. I think it's a coincidence that the rise in price from the stadium and bidding war between two wealthy investors has come at a time when we have been selling our players.

The inability to keep hold of our players is linked to how ambitious we have been and we clearly haven't been ambitious enough. Also mis management of contracts and wage structures hasn't helped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2012 20:50 by SuperRob.

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 21:02
The link between the lack of spending and the share prices is quite clear if you think about it.

The decision to re-develop Highbury had far more to do with the shift in transfer and wage policy than the cost of new stadium ever did. Though curiously all you ever hear is what the new stadium has done to impact spending (even after they said it never would impact that spending in any way for the first several years).

The decison to borrow 130 million pounds on top of the 260 million we already had borrowed and 130 million that was due in full by 2010 where as that other money was in effect an annual mortgage through 2031 easily covered within our annual turnover each successive year. So that decision placed the Club at greater financial risk than the original decision to sell Highbury ever would have, and of course the Club assumed all the risk and the responsibilityfor the generating the funds to repay it(which came from the project itself).

But it also eliminated 60-80 million pounds of inmedaite revenue that could have either been used to pay off the stadium loan for 3-4 years or replaced other club revenues used to make those repayments. Other revenues that almost cerrtainly would have gone back into the team otherwise.

We could have afforded to continue investing more in the team even while paying for the new stadium if we had sold Highbury as originally planned. But it was impossible to do so once that revenue was deferred for 4-5 years. And the pressure on our short-term cash flow and the 100% plus increase in our debt through 2010 made the policy we pursued the only option really.

But given that the Board opted to force us into that option for a project that has of far only doubled their profits is how the non-spending connects to the share orice. The non-spending is precisely what made pursuing that project successfully(for the millionaires anyway) possible.

HappyGööner 20 May, 2012 21:05
Quote:
eduardo
needed for what

Dah

SuperRob 20 May, 2012 21:17
so you're saying that it's the highbury redevelopment that has made the share price go up so drastically? And it is also this that is why we have been selling all our players. But the redevelopment of highbury in the end only made a small amount of profit, I think in the few millions rather than hundreds of millions. So it can't have actually increased the share price that much?

If I'm not mistaken, you say the extra pressure from this debt (your reason for why we were selling our players) finished in 2010. But the player sales continue.

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 21:33
Yes I am saying that and the evidence is empirical really. The share price rose from 6750 at the time the anoouncement came that club might not be able to pay off the loan as scheduled and when it was announced that they had done so the share price ended up increasing by depending on how you wish to look at it 3300 to 5100 pounds within less than two years following that projects completion.

Anyway you look at it there is a very string case that the re-development of Highbury was a stock-doping project as many such construction or property development projects are. This is in contrast to the new stadium which carried anbd carries genuine long-term value to Arsenal Football Club as well as Arsenal Holdings PLC.

As to post-2010 you are correct but there anre numerous reasons that could be the case. Saving the money pushes the share price up further by increasing cash reserves and improving out net debt. It also could be that Stan Kroenk would not have bought the club unless these policies were maintained and that money saved as insurance on his investment. It could even be a fund from which dividends will be paid out and used by Mr. Kroenke to actually pay the creditors who loaned him the money to by control of the Club.

While he has assured that he would not debt leverage the club which is moot since he doesn't own enough of the Club to do so if he wanted to he has not once ruled taking dividends to possibly pay back creditors which is one of the things Hicks and Gillett did at Liverpool and the Glazers are reportedly doing at Man U.

Rockstaar 20 May, 2012 21:43
radio has already been proven on this site that his facts are mostly his opinion and even the £400 million he keeps on harping about is also a wrong number...but in true fashion he will not stop because its all an act

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah110/onlyonerockstaar/arsenalsigs2_zps28332df5.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

eduardo 20 May, 2012 21:51
what you mean rocky, say it aint so(Sm100)

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 22:34
'n fascinated as to how that has been proven the same way I admitted all my views are based on conjecture and guesswork a staement form Eduardo he has neither cproven nor retracted because apparently honesty is too much to ask from him either.

No I would say neither Eduardo or you have proven anything really other than a blind faith in the Arsenal Board's unimpeahcable honour or predatory capitlism or maybe both.

You haven't proven anything that defends you faith in the Board at all.

Indeed Eduardo actually did lie about Ashley Cole as you did as well to defend the Board. The premier League Report proves both your claims patently false.

And that is something that is actually proven fact - 100% proven fact.

Go ahead and try and prove that wrong - either of you.This will be fun because this one is easy.

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 22:43
Quote:
karsene16
I want proof radio, I want to see the an actual document stating how much they made from Arsenal to the penny.

What a morally and ethically gutless argument. You trust the Board unconditionally and deliberately ignore any facts that interefere with that unconditional trust - and in fact have yet to offer one fact to refute what I am saying and then demand proof we all know is not yet available to stick to your argument because you don't even really believe it anymore but just lack the courage to admit that because of what I says about the people you trusted and even about you for trusting then maybe.

You need written proof to question them but only need their word as proper Arsenal Men to them unconditionally. But you're no blind faither. No you're just a joke really. Only its not funny at all since you stabbed as many other Gooners in the back as you did yourself by your blind trust in whatever you were told.

Let me guess we should wait 50 yerars to judge whether re-developing Highbury was good for Arsenal Football , and there was no reason to market the Club more globally and tour America after the 2004 season....

eduardo 20 May, 2012 22:43
still pedalling the FAPL enquiry "proved" line there radio, it proved nothing, it "found", as any enquiry does, it was nothing more than their view of events, you really are naive if you think any enquiry or when it comes to it, even major law trials ever get the whole truth. So as you would say nice try but no juice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2012 22:47 by eduardo.

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 22:59
You are beyond funny Eduardo - we should believe you though - some fanatically pro-Board supporter on the record on this forum as saying paying players less is preferable to winning silverware in any instance and who has no official role with Club and no access to information he confirm as 100% true?

You're as big an egotist as you are a liar then. if that is what you're suggesting and it's really hard to conclude otherwise.

I will remind everyone of this

“There is no dispute that DD tabled the offer of £55K “commission
on a new contract plus an Executive Box less (figure) %”.” (page 5)

“JB robustly rejected the offer, purported to be disgusted, accused DD of reneging on the Claridge’s deal and reiterated that they wanted £60K”.

Again no one who was actually present for the negotiations as I am just guessing you were not disputes that. NO ONE Eduardo. That means Cole's Agent and that means Arsenal Football Club. I think they are better positioned to tell the truth than you And again they don't dispute that.

And that is critical because David Dein did state at one point that Barnett did want 60K for Cole PLUS COMMISSION for him.

So there is no dispute that infact the Board did not offer 60K and that to match 60K plus 5000 in agent's fees as you state as fact the stumbling block was they would have had to offer 60K to cole, and they never did and no one disputes this. Basic primary school maths prove you a liar. I feel like Encyclopaedia Brown catching Bugs Meany and that speaks even more poorly of you.

Cue silence or a spinning head or laughing smiley because hey its gotta work better than the truth...

eduardo 20 May, 2012 23:16
now stop your lies radio, i've seen you falsely atribute to me the sort of bull you post at the beginning of the above post but you can not quote said post, I usually ignore it cos you are clearly a wum, but for the heck of it tonight I won't.

as for your main point - the cole thing - we can all read the report, most of us have, but unlike you we are wise enough to know the way the world works and that what is told to such enquiries is much like what is told to all such enquiries and tribunials, and even in court cases, namely versions of the truth, often agreed versions,

By the way its funny that several very high ranking members of AST, members who are in fact very vocal against the board, also back my claims on the enquiry, maybe its all a plot by the feindish arsenal board and these AST guys only pretend to be anti board,

eduardo 20 May, 2012 23:20
just in case you missed it

Re: City is spoiling the world football..
Posted by: eduardo
Date: 20 May, 2012 22:10

Posted by: RadioFreeArsenal (76.202.83.20)
Date: 20 May, 2012 18:03

If an owner wants to and can invest in his team its his team and that should be his right.

can anyone spot the hypocrisy, what has all the waffle been about, seeing as its the owners right to spend or not

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2012 01:45 by eduardo.

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 23:28
Eduardo you are full of@#$%&and just incapable of ever admitting it - period.

Maybe you think you can wave your arms really fast that they demanded 60K plaus agents fees and confuse everyone but I think you ooverestimate your skills a tiny bit.

You stated Categorically that they demanded 60K plaus agents fees, You stated that was catgorical fact wihout presenting any evuidence that could even be considered to bolster that claim whatsoever and in fact you still have yet to do so because you have no such evidence yet you would discount a report to which all parties testified to fact that what you ciaim happened did not happened.

Indeed it looks like the only way of the world you know is if you stick to a lie long enough those how doubt you will leave you alone to get away with it. Well Meet Radio Free Arsenal who won't let you get away with it.

eduardo 20 May, 2012 23:34
more of your lies radio, please show the post I stated this, cos I never have stated that it was £60K plus agent fees, so come on you wum, find the post and post a link to it cos I know you can't, simply cos it don't exist

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 23:37
Quote:
eduardo
just in case you missed it
Re: City is spoiling the world football..
Date: 20 May, 2012 22:10

Posted by: RadioFreeArsenal (76.202.83.20)
Date: 20 May, 2012 18:03

If an owner wants to and can invest in his team its his team and that should be his right.

can anyone spot the hypocrisy, what has all the waffle been about, seeing as its the owners right to spend or not

There is only one problem Eddy and that is again you are forced to mis-lead and distort my views.

I have consistently said the Board have the right to make as monry as they want any way they want to. I have disagreedd with their choice to do that and think they could have chosen differently and still benefitted significantlt financially.

But the distortion lies in this - if that is their choice they should be held accountable for its consquences something you are unable to do happier to turn on players and managers and excuse the Board at every turn.

You are the one who cannot admit (indeed by trying to misrepresent the statement above you came closest to admitting you support the Board using us to enrich themselves you ever have and I'm sure you'll deny that now even) that the Board has not honored its commitment to act as custodians of the Club and put theor personal greed ahead of the Club's best interest.

No doubt I disagree with them doing that and would prefer they didn't do that. But I have never said they don't have the right to do that and to say otherwise is just one more lie. Of course if I am a liar and hypocrite than all your defence of the Board all along as not being guilty of what I have suggested is nothing more than a pure lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2012 01:44 by eduardo.

eduardo 20 May, 2012 23:40
yes radio you are a hypocrite and a liar

RadioFreeArsenal 20 May, 2012 23:52
Eduardo you are the last person to make such accusations of anyone else.

Better still why don't you show me where I admitted as you stated categorically of course since apparently you don't care whether you are being honest or not that my views were formed wholly on "guesswork" or "conjecture" since you must know where and when I said this, or even where I said football clubs cannot spend as much or as little as they want . Show me either set of stament then you can go around making the sort of accustation or judgment you aren't either intellectually or ethically or even morally qualified to make from my experience with you.

Again you made these statements so you have the proof so be a man and show it or be a man and retract your dishonest claims otherwise be a man and shut up.

kreddie16 21 May, 2012 00:10
Radio, radio ra ..... di.....ooooooooooooooooooooo

The club borrowed_______ million to make the flats.
The club Sold__________flats.
The estimated profit is___________.
There was always an agreement in place so this can only be the clubs money and we can complain to _________.
They are breaking the law by keeping any money from their business for themselves yes[] no[]
It is morally the right thing to do to put the money back in the club not legally yes [] no[]
They have let the club run with the same budget as Highbury yes [] no []
They have let the club run on less budget than Highbury yes[] no []
They have let the club run on the same budget as Highbury but the football world is getting more expensive yes[] no[]
I have complained to the club many times about not putting money back into the club yes [] no []
Kroenke wanted the share prices to rise to give Fiszmans family more inheritance yes [] no []
Dein didn't like the idea of the share prices going up so sold his early to make little money as possible yes [] no []

Jack_is_the_truth 21 May, 2012 00:17
dont know why you guys bother...seriously

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

eduardo 21 May, 2012 00:18
Again more of your lies, I never said your said they were based wholely on guess work or conjecture, just that you said your findings were arrived at using guess work and conjecture, but as you would say nice try at distorting the truth.

jesus h christ your whole WUM stuff is about how the board run the club, how they spend or do not spend the money, how they do or don't make their money, how they do not have the right to make the decisions they have they have made etc etc are you really that stupid that you can't see how hypocritical that is when you make the quoted statement, then you are an even bigger fool than I ever gave you credit for

as for posting direct quotes, if you post a link to the quote you falsely claim I have made then I will take the time to find your hypocritical posts.

By the way why not take your own advice and "be a man and shut up", but then if you did that, what kind of WUM would that make you

eduardo 21 May, 2012 00:20
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
dont know why you guys bother...seriously

but jack we don't seriously bother, its just a bit of fun with a WUM

Merlion96 21 May, 2012 00:32
Meaning....Kroenke will nto stop Arsene Wenegr form switching to Liverpool FC then..bringing Walcott and Song with him?

eduardo 21 May, 2012 00:32
by the way who thinks radio is now off searching post after post trying to find a post by me to prove himself right(Sm126)(Sm126)(Sm126)(Sm126)(Sm126)(Sm126)

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 00:36
The Club borrowed about 130 million pounds or that is what they paid to the creditors with interest for the loan

This number is variable as I have not checked the latest updates although i do know several reports have suggested the property is near full capacity as future profits from the project are projected to be minimal.

The current estimated profit is I believe about 110 million pounds about 40 million pounds over any estimated profir from selling the property straight away. Again it should be noted not one penny of that money has been used to invest in the football team or to pay down to the stadium loan ahead of schedule.

The club's budget has always been variable and has never been offically stated or announced so I don't know how to answer that thought the spending figures which are available confirm the transfer budget has been reduced and the wage structure has been redesigned to reduce outlays at the top end.

No one has suggested that these actions are illegal. In fact the scenario painted by the Board's defenders - that despite having 170 million banked away that we are in fact skint comes closer to raising that possibility than anything I have stated as fact or suggested as possibility as that scenario harkens back to accounting and stock fraud as seen at Enron.

I have always stated that this is purely a moral and ethical issue asnd even then I have always taken a moderated course saying the Board has every right to make money for itself but should not defended or applauded for weakening the team and raising ticket prices as they do, simply to make even more money than they might otherwise. nor should others be unfiarly blamed for the consequnces of the Board choosing to do that And if you read my posts throughout my position has remained consistent, and I say that with absolute confidence.

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 00:48
As to your remaining questions, My suspicion is that Stan Kroenke only decided to buy the Club once and for all after the re-development loan was paid off in full.

I think he was willing to wait and pay more because if he had paid less and things gone wrong he would have bought a broken product with less growth potential

As for David Dein I am not sure what to make of him. I find it very disquieting that he was the person who brought both buyers Stan Kroenke and Alisher Usmanov to the table.

But while I harbor real doubts about all of that as I said I have no problem with the Board making a healthy and fair personal profit for their efforts regardless of what they have or have not invested. Again my issue is wherther they could have been reasonable and made a smaller profit for themselves and allowed the Club to pursue more competitive success.

And they don't even have to do that as the fact that they did not proves after all. We just don't have to like it or support it or accept it.

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 00:51
Don't need to Eduardo I know I am because I have no need or reason to lie. As I have said before I would rather you were right and I was wrong.

Of course its hardly surprising you feel no need to do find proof for you claims as you know you're lying and you would only prove that you were lying by trying.

eduardo 21 May, 2012 01:01
nice try radio, but I think your refusal to find said post is more to do with it being impossible to find what does not exist, but of course a WUM like you will not admit that

tonight has been fun

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 01:01
Eduardo you are such a fool you confirned you did exactly

You stated categorically that I admitted my views were based on guesswork and conjecture and then as you accused me of lying said the following above in this very thread

"...just that you said your findings were arrived at using guess work and conjecture

Can you explain the difference in what I am saying you said and what you actually said here in this thread never mind your earlier quote which I don't even need at this point.

Perhaps this is another case of the mature "ways of the world" being over my silly l'il ol'head?

eduardo 21 May, 2012 01:17
Date: 21 May, 2012 00:18

Again more of your lies, I never said your said they were based wholely on guess work or conjecture, just that you said your findings were arrived at using guess work and conjecture, but as you would say nice try at distorting the truth.

you see the bit about not being wholely based on guess work or conjecture, thats the bit that makes the difference, but once again radioliar nice try

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2012 01:42 by eduardo.

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 01:19
Really I love people who go I'll bet he went searching for what I said right after they say the very same thing I supposedly would have to look for on the very same page.

You really are a triumph of ego over mind Eddy.

eduardo 21 May, 2012 01:27
just a pity it showed you up radioliar, oh sorry I forgot you ignore any answer or post that does not go your way

Shane 21 May, 2012 01:28
Take a day off lads.

eduardo 21 May, 2012 01:31
why shane, its fun playing with the wum now and again

eduardo 21 May, 2012 01:32
Posted by: Rockstaar
Date: 20 May, 2012 21:43

radio has already been proven on this site that his facts are mostly his opinion and even the £400 million he keeps on harping about is also a wrong number...but in true fashion he will not stop because its all an act

(Sm128)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2012 01:40 by eduardo.

eduardo 21 May, 2012 01:48
thanks shane, I will raise it with Padre

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 01:51
Quote:
eduardo
more of your lies radio, please show the post I stated this, cos I never have stated that it was £60K plus agent fees, so come on you wum, find the post and post a link to it cos I know you can't, simply cos it don't exist

You really are an idiot. You think I wouldn't prove you a liar when you make it so damned easy

This is what you said tonight on this thread in reply to waht I said aboput saying I admitted everything I concluded was based on guess work and conjecture

Quote:
eduardo
... just that you said your findings were arrived at using guess work and conjecture

and this is what you said on 16 May at 00:22 GMT in the 'I will make the decision where to continue my career after the European Championship - I’m ready for the big tests' thread on the second page of threads.

Quote:
eduardo
unlike you who has admitted many times that your conclusions are based on at best guess work, conjector, and on nothing more than on business men making money.

You are an idiot as well as a liar and all you have left is the warped notion that I spent the evening trying to prove this when the search engine made it a five minute job. So you don't even have that little.

Have fun trying to refute your own words. An apology to the forum as a whole form wasting their time lying to protect your reputation would be a start.

eduardo 21 May, 2012 02:00
I see you still can't show where I said the cole stuff, keep trying to cloud the issue to take away from the fact that you can't actually show it as it don't exist, come on show it, you liar
come on liar you said its damn easy, and despite you looking for the last hour you can't find it, funny its not easy enough for a liar like you to show it though, come on WUM, put it up or as you said shut up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2012 02:03 by eduardo.

eduardo 21 May, 2012 02:09
come on radioliar where is the link to the cole stuff you lied about, jeez you have to put it up now that you made such a fool of yourself actually quoting my challenge to you

eduardo

and then not being able to post it, what a numpthy of a WUM you are, jeez you make TTI look smart by comparison

you know what you could try for a change (Sm100), ignore the bits you can't handle or dislike, and embolden a word or two here or there as if it is making some grand point, it works well when others just quickly scroll across the post cos they have seen your id at the start of it

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 02:14
Oh now its the cole stuff. How nice. Why don't you explain this in the meantime to keep us all entertained.

I guess the following stement confused me a bit

Quote:
eduardo
Again more of your lies[b][/b], I never said your said they were based wholely on guess work or conjecture, just that you said your findings were arrived at using guess work and conjecture, but as you would say nice try at distorting the truth.

And since I went back and got that staement why don't yopu explain how that instance was more lying that should take about as long if you have a hint of honesty in you as another search might take in this case.

But since I have proven your claim I was lying when when I stated what you said was a lie as well odds aren't good for you Eddy.

eduardo 21 May, 2012 02:15
keep looking radioliar, after all you are sure you will find it(Sm126)

eduardo 21 May, 2012 02:18
nice try radioliar, but no cheese, keep looking now, in fact I'll give you at least till tomorrow, but may be later in the week before I'm back, but I could give you an eternity and you won't find what don't exist, but keep looking, a good WUM would not give up.

Goodnight.

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 02:47
I don't give a rat's @#$%& how much you give me because you know we cannot serch back before 1000 posts (which corresponds to March 2012 for each of us) and that disucssion preadtes that so there fore you falsely claim you didn't say what I said though you haven't once said anything contradicting that.

You're using a straw man argument to deflect from being shown as the liar you are based on your conduct in this thread alone. Nothing else.

If there is a way to search back beyond 1000 posts I am sure that if that is done indeed it can be confirmed you said that was why things broke down. Indeed you wouldn't attack the credibility of the Premier League report specifically over what was offered and why the negotiations broke down if you hadn't said that. In fact unless you said that you have no reason to even debate those sections of the report.

So you can hide behind the inability to access what you said to falsely call me a liar but you can't hide what you said Thursday and Today that you insisted I was lying about you saying so I think your credibiility is in just a spot of bother to put it nicely.

Trying to falsely portray anyone else as a liar as revenge for being exposed as a liar by your own words is simply cowardice on your part. So wait all your lifem for that proof because frankly as much as I would genuinely enjoy being able to present it and make you look even more dishonest I think you presented more than enough evidence about that today already.

kreddie16 21 May, 2012 08:51
O.k mate, my suspicion was while I went to bed you would be up answering questions.

one thing I knew though was there would be no mention of 400 million in any of the answers you gave me and no real concrete evidence to the change in transfer budget.

It's quite clear none of the money made from the flats have been invested in the team( or 110million worth of players) , but it's also quite clear none of the money from player sales and CL is being properly invested also.

But my final questions are:

Who has commended the board for putting money into the club? or creating the ticket prices? or creating the flats?

Yes they may be on there way to making money out of the club but more of us look to the forefront, we've been making huge transfer profit something no other club in the world is doing and still spending less.

If a club wants to pride itself on not paying over the odds it must get the scouting network worldclass, the the deals done early to not end up in Mata situations.

eduardo 21 May, 2012 08:53
well in fact radioliar I never knew a search back was limited to 1000 posts, as i don't go trawling back over posts.

so nice to see you admit you can not prove I said what you claim I did, but its funny now how you are moving the goalposts in your latest thread on the matter especially now when you know your original claims against me can not be proven,

Bergmars 21 May, 2012 09:34
Time to call this a day guys.

Under new managment

younghansolo 21 May, 2012 09:39
At least Radio puts some consideration into his posts and does try to back up arguments. Not saying they are correct or that I agree with them but at least he tries. And to his credit I personally do not believe him to be a WUM, I think he believes entirely what he posts.

RadioFreeArsenal 21 May, 2012 17:41
Cheers YHS

thumbs down

RadioFreeArsenal 27 May, 2012 16:46
Quote:
karsene16
It's quite clear none of the money made from the flats have been invested in the team( or 110million worth of players) , but it's also quite clear none of the money from player sales and CL is being properly invested also.

And what excatly does that mean then? Are you tryiong to suggest assuming I am not mis-reading this that the Board didn't want to use that money but Arsenae Wenger wouldn't use the money they were willing to let him use? Okay I'll take you at your word for now - why is he still manager then? What Board in their right mind would tolerate a manager refusing to -properly use resources they made available specifically for him to use?

Or are you unwittingly suggesting the Board has simply chose not to spend at all? And if so how can you defend this given that our Club's survival did not hinge on such a decision though clearly how much money the Board would make from selling it did?

RadioFreeArsenal 27 May, 2012 17:05
Quote:
karsene16
But my final questions are:
Who has commended the board for putting money into the club? or creating the ticket prices? or creating the flats?

What do you mean you're only too happy to do so? That counts no?

Seriously I think the reason there is no great rush to praise the Board for re-developing Highbury is it was in most Gooners minds at best a bad mistake and in others like myself an exercise in pursuing their own financial self-interests as opposed to the Club's best long-and short-term interests.

Let's be clear the Board never actually put a penny into the Club as Peter Hill-Wood famously said ours isn't the kind of Board that reaches into their own pockets on behalf of the Club unlike other Clubs Boards or investors or Chairmen or women.

Indeed they borrowd the 130 million to re-develop Highbury at a time when they had just borrowed another 2890 million or so on top of spending over 100 million pounds of the Clubs money to move the new stadium forward.

Not did their refusal to invest theior own money in any of this stretch the Club's Finances to their limit before 2005, but opting to redevelop Highbury denied the Club a critical revenue stream from 2005-2007 that could have allowed the Club to operate along the same lines as it had from 1998-2005. This not only forced the Club to break the ring-fnce around the football team for funds to pay off the stadium loan but forced the club to undermegotaite front-loaded deals that left the club lagging far behind other top Clubs on sponsorship and apparel deals.

And combine that with the fact that while the project succeeded and did produce more revenue than selling Highbury straightaway would have it only produced about 40 million pounds of such revenue, while increasing the amount of money shareholders made selling to Kroenke in 2011 alone by over 40% Indeed if we look strictly at the share price when the project was undertaken and in 2011 it more than doubled. But where one can say the red-development of Highbury meant somewhere between 100 and 200 million pounds to the Shareholders in increased wealth. Arsenal made about 40 million more than had we sold Highbury so the Club made about well 20-40% in increased revenue what the Board made.

But the Club assumed 100% of the financial risk and responsibility for paying for the project. Ultimately the project paid for itself but had it not it wouldn't have been Board members making up the shortfall bet on that.

I think that answers questions 1 and 3

And as for setting the Ticket Prices do you really want to pat them on the back for moving to a huge new stadium and then increasing the ticket prices even further as they did?

And I think that takes care of Question 2

kreddie16 27 May, 2012 17:07
Quote:
RadioFreeArsenal
Quote:
karsene16

And what excatly does that mean then?

You are going on and on about money off the books and simple folk just want the money on the books.

RadioFreeArsenal 27 May, 2012 17:44
Ah yes us poor simple folk.You mean like the bloke who argued we have a higher net spend from 2004 -2012 than 1998-2004 by deliberately ignoring or failing to see the column marked NET TOTAL?

Oh Dearie.

I commend you for seeking evidence for your views but you should pay a bit more attention to what you are reading and trying to say.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net