Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Enjoy the afterglow but dont lose sight of the bigger picture
Discussion started by Padre Pio , 27 February, 2012 19:15
Enjoy the afterglow but dont lose sight of the bigger picture
Padre Pio 27 February, 2012 19:15
A very sensible word of caution here London website

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: Enjoy the afterglow but dont lose sight of the bigger picture
Rockstaar 27 February, 2012 19:45
geez man has it been 24 hours yet

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah110/onlyonerockstaar/arsenalsigs2_zps28332df5.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

RadioFreeArsenal 27 February, 2012 19:53
I understand your point actually Rockfish but like the song says Time Waits For No One. Especially nowadays.

Rockstaar 27 February, 2012 20:00
Tell me AT's resident madman...what logical reason is there not to continue enjoying this annihilation of Tottenham Hotspur barely past 24 hours ago

we are supporters, not the board, not the players, not Wenger or any of the staff..just supporters who live for games like these

why go into the 'oh its not over yet' crap...we know EVERY bloody game is important...but right now I don't give a rats a.ss...its internationals now anyway

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah110/onlyonerockstaar/arsenalsigs2_zps28332df5.jpg

Bergmars 27 February, 2012 20:06
Im stayin in the afterglow as long as possible.

Under new managment

Peter Storey 27 February, 2012 20:21
Because F.uckstaar, up until the last tottenham game weve been pants. Arsenal fans cant afford to be fool-hardy enough to dwell on one result without acknowledging the bigger picture (last couple of months displays). Dont get me wrong I loved testerday, but It takes more than one game to make a season and why is it that Gump (2nd half) and Grandma cant play like that more often? We have in past few months been let down by a large proportion of our own players who as many have agreed played with no heart, nor conviction. So is yesterday a fluke, a flash in the perverbial bed-pan, or more importantly did we flatter only to decieve in the next few games. Lads I cant stand ignorant c.unts, thick ones at that, we aint in that great shape and beating our old enemy isnt enough at the end of the season to Keep RVP, buy Nanny-Goetze or any other @#$%& f.king dream team player!
Thik as bloody pig-s.hit some of ya

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

Peter Storey 27 February, 2012 20:24
Baby I was born to MOAN

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

RadioFreeArsenal 27 February, 2012 22:55
And there I was thinking I was the Resident Madman and feeling as good about myself as about Arsenal since yesterday...that's just plain mean...

RadioFreeArsenal 27 February, 2012 22:57
BTW we play Liverpool Saturday Noon so all this its time to focus on Internationals won't cut it....

Philly the kid 27 February, 2012 23:38
Peter. We've won our last 3 league games. Scoring 14 goals.
Tough crowd!
(Sm6)

Jack_is_the_truth 28 February, 2012 00:05
that didnt take long(Sm6)(Sm6)

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

hippogunner 28 February, 2012 07:21
Quote:
Philly the kid
Peter. We've won our last 3 league games. Scoring 14 goals.
Tough crowd!
(Sm6)

Yeh and we've been hammered 4-0 by Milan and made to look like arthritic crabs by Sunderland in the last month.

The crowd aren't going to get any softer until we win a trophy.

Philly the kid 28 February, 2012 07:28
This season, i'll be happy if only RVP stays.
Trophies are a looong way off right now.

hippogunner 28 February, 2012 07:32
They are, at least a year away.

I think keeping RVP will be of the utmost importance followed by the shipping out of several players. I can't believe we'll be as impotent in the transfer market again but having said that I thought we'd have tidied up our defence years ago and I'm still waiting.

Philly the kid 28 February, 2012 07:59
Our back line has been besieged by injury all season.
How many defenders do you think a squad should have then?

80'sGoona 28 February, 2012 08:03
100. And when 99 get injured sign 50 more.

younghansolo 28 February, 2012 09:16
There's a difference between saying yeah we did well we could get some confidence now for the rest of the season.

And saying things like:

"Rosicky is amazing what a performance we don't need gotze"

It's just one game in context. We still won't win anything and we still need to spend big. That's the focus for me.

But still. What a game!

Padre Pio 28 February, 2012 11:37
We need a left back, Gibbs will never last 90 minutes and playing at left back has destroyed Vermaelen's form.
We need rid of Djourou and get a better CB.
We still need another striker.

Lets not paper over the cracks, its fantastic taking the wheels off Spurs waggon, and I am still glowing about it, but we are not going to win anything and that raises important questions that Wenger will not answer.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Jack_is_the_truth 28 February, 2012 11:57
we have santos, vermalin will regain his form in time
bartley will replace djourou
ater we sell chamakh we will sign podolski(although im not sure why as he is pants)

there is no paper or any cracks, Wenger is aware of our shortcommings

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

SandyB 28 February, 2012 13:42
Padre are you saying your requirements to win the league or winning the top 4 trophy?

soliam 28 February, 2012 15:20
I think derby games are a whole different kettle of fish compared to normal PL games and this game unfortunately isn't going to be the basis to go on for the rest of our reason...

On the other hand I did see a lot of encouraging things in this game to make me think if we did implement this type of play regularly then our results would definitely go our way more often than not.

Gunners R Us 28 February, 2012 17:41
If wenger is aware of our shortcomings why are so far off from 1st?

The guy should only stay if we finish 3rd. I have not changed my opinion about that.

celine dion 28 February, 2012 17:47
If you have changed your opinion about the club after one admittedly very decent game, then it probably wasnt an opinion worth having.

Padre Pio 28 February, 2012 18:29
The mighty Wenger is aware of everything. Imortal, Invisible God Only Wise

Rockstaar 28 February, 2012 19:39
Quote:
If you have changed your opinion about the club after one admittedly very decent game, then it probably wasnt an opinion worth having.

Personally I'm enjoying the obliteration of Tottenham Hotspur all the bloody way until Saturday morning (Sm63)

Bergmars 28 February, 2012 19:54
Ive been as low as ever this season Im riding this high as long as I can.

Under new managment

hippogunner 29 February, 2012 08:00
I think Padre has answered the defensive issue satisfactorily.

And if you think there are no cracks and you think Wenger is aware of our shortcomings I wonder which team you've been supporting for the last five years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net