Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Now Sam thinks he's better than Wenger!
Discussion started by Moe , 19 September, 2010 12:28
Now Sam thinks he's better than Wenger!
Moe 19 September, 2010 12:28
Allardyce claims to be on equal footing with Wenger

Sam Allardyce insists he has respect for Arsene Wenger but says there is "not a chance" the Arsenal boss is a more advanced coach.

Allardyce has long had a fractious relationship with Wenger, and the Blackburn manager has revealed that he has found him difficult from their first meeting over a decade ago.

"I first met Arsene Wenger in 1999 when I was manager of Notts County and we sold Jermaine Pennant to Arsenal for a record £2million," he said in his News of the World column. "I was really looking forward to meeting him but all I got was a handshake. No more.

"We have crossed swords many more times in the years since but I gave up inviting him for a glass of wine after games long ago because I know he won't come.

"The truth is that nobody really knows Arsene Wenger. There certainly aren't too many people who actually get close to him. Sir Alex Ferguson and some of the foreign coaches like Avram Grant always pop in for a drink so I don't think it's a problem with my wine!

"If that's Arsene's way, though, then I respect that. Maybe he doesn't like me. Maybe he is keen to get on the coach or the plane after fulfilling 45 minutes of post-match media duties."

Allardyce repeated his claim that Wenger is using the media to influence referees in the column, but added: "None of all this affects my view of Wenger.

"I have total respect for the way he changed his philosophy in recent years when the £400 million move to the Emirates Stadium reduced his spending power in the transfer market."

Allardyce says, though, that he believes he is on an equal footing with Wenger when it comes to management.

"When I say what I think there are people who say "Oh, it's only antiquated Sam Allardyce", and all kinds of b******* like that," he said. "There is a problem with perception.

"Arsene is seen as a sophisticated Frenchman while I'm just a rugged English centre-half from the Midlands with an accent to match, but is Arsene more advanced than me in terms of coaching? Not a chance.

"Does he use live fitness data on his players during games? Does he study sports psychology every day? Does he use sports science to the extent that I do? I doubt it.

"None of all this affects my view of Wenger. I have total respect for the way he changed his philosophy in recent years when the £400 million move to the Emirates Stadium reduced his spending power in the transfer market.

"He hasn't won trophies yet with his current crop but he has stuck to his guns by insisting that nothing will prevent the development of his young players. Arsenal play some wonderful football but what makes the Premier League interesting is the difference in styles between teams."

Allardyce also revealed he was disappointed to see Rafael Benitez leave Liverpool this summer.

"I am gutted that Rafa Benitez has gone. He hated me and I used to love winding him up. For years he came to Bolton and never got a result and used to accuse us of cheating."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2010 12:29 by Wengerball.

Re: Now Sam thinks he's better than Wenger!
Gööfle11 19 September, 2010 12:33
"Does he study sports science EVERY DAY like me?!!!!!"

I don't think so to be fair, because he finished doing that a long time ago.

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

Big Guhnz 19 September, 2010 12:39
fat face sam is bitter you can smell his envy what a @#$%& who ill hate a guy cos he is only polite to me and dont wanna get to know me and drink wine t0sser...dont know how he can put himself in the same sentence as arsene wenger sam is utter shite and cant make a good footballing team only a good rugby football team you wont see any beautiful game watching his teams

pr!k

wildermorph 19 September, 2010 12:47
Has he won the double and gone a season unbeaten like me.....?

oooooooooh

Ichigo 19 September, 2010 14:46
That fat retard thinks that he influenced the referee to turn some decisions against arsenal in yesterday's game.. like the sending off of song and the referee not giving some clear fouls against us. And what he is doing now is continuing that trend so that more referee's would turn against us. That evil stupid ugly fatso thinks that he is capable of playing mind games and can influence the game.. How much dirtier can a person get?! He is nothing but an UTTER PIECE OF S H I T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2010 14:47 by Ichigo.

AJ The Gunner 20 September, 2010 12:35
i can't match sense from this fool's ramblings..just what is he saying???? he reeks of jealousy it's almost like the fear scent that chimpanzee's and the likes give off when they sense fear...please big idiot shut your trap for once...it's beginning to stink(Sm19)

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net