Latest news:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O/T Coronavirus
Discussion started by That's Mr Kilby To You , 28 February, 2020 14:36
O/T Coronavirus
That's Mr Kilby To You 28 February, 2020 14:36
Is it just a case of bad seasonal flu or are we looking at a full Walking Dead scenario?

Re: O/T Coronavirus
Jilted 28 February, 2020 16:54
Don’t panic, remember the big red bus? Meanwhile 38% of Americans won’t drink Corona, in god they don’t trust.

Alfie 03 March, 2020 16:45
Sick of this now,it's a mild version of a cold,Flu kill is thousands more people .. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.We really are a nation of worrying phookers.. It is what it is.. Phook em all. AAnd get out ,it won't keep me in ..

Brian O'Neil 04 March, 2020 01:29
Raft of new laws coming to allow our masters to control us more in the name of the public good........never miss an opportunity do they. 40000 a year die at the hands of the wonderful NHS and not an eyelid is raised. Covid 19, the IRA and and all terrorists since 9/11 can't equal that annual cull but the legislative freedom reducing reaction is somewhat different. If the sh** does fly you can take it as read that our gov will deploy more resources controlling us than curing us. Every obnoxious pric* with the slightest bit of power will delight in lording it about. In the meantime us regular folk will follow Alfie's lead.

That's Mr Kilby To You 05 March, 2020 14:48
The death rate for seasonal flu can range from 600 to 13000 people per year in this country. Even though the Coronavirus is extremely contagious, it is not any more dangerous than a normal winter flu outbreak we get every year.

Jilted 08 March, 2020 11:21
Sunday Supplement on Sky speaking of games being played behind closed doors😱
Euro2020 and Olympics coming up, surely they are at big risk if this CRISIS continues.

Alfie 09 March, 2020 18:34
Quote:
Jilted
Euro2020 and Olympics coming up, surely they are at big risk if this CRISIS continues.

Is it a crisis or are the media making it into one.. Hmmm.

Jilted 09 March, 2020 20:42
At your age I wouldn’t reply on the last person to post wins thread, 😯 nae point

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2020 20:43 by Jilted.

kaiapoi claret 10 March, 2020 10:30
Who came up with the idea no handshakes before the game Plenty of handshakes after the game What a load of rubbish that was

Jilted 10 March, 2020 18:08
Nottingham Forest and Olympiakos owner Evangelos Marinakis has tested positive for coronavirus.
I just sneezed ten minutes ago, should I self isolate or go to Dens tonight? 🤔, same difference really.😂

Jilted 12 March, 2020 13:52
Sturgeon to ban gatherings of over 500 next week, I suppose she will wait until after The Rangers and Celtic game on Sunday🙂

Jilted 13 March, 2020 20:00
I was going to buy next season’s season ticket for Dens today £340, I still have five games to go on this year’s, £100 worth, will I see my £100s worth this season? If not will I get a discount on next season’s ?

If all games are cancelled to next season will the dirty Arabs (Dundee United) get promoted to the SPL, I hope not😷

Jilted 14 March, 2020 18:50
Quote:
Alfie
Quote:
Jilted

I heard you good people of Nelson can count local cases on one hand, SIX

Brian O'Neil 16 March, 2020 01:15
One consequence of my corona is that Jilts has discovered perspective and more importantly a sense of humour....... Dennis the menace..........all makes sense now.

Jilted 16 March, 2020 17:18
Meanwhile at Gawthorpe Hall...

[m.youtube.com]

Alfie 17 March, 2020 22:47
Quote:
Jilted
Quote:
Alfie
Quote:
Jilted

I believe you good sweaty Socks can count your local cases on two hands . Two !

Jilted 18 March, 2020 11:28
Quote:
Alfie
Quote:
Jilted
Quote:
Alfie
Quote:
Jilted

I believe you good sweaty Socks can count your local cases on two hands . Two !

Twa tbf.
I should be off to London today, but cancelled it the other day, everything refunded bar the train tickets, they said I could change them for another date, but I don’t know when London will reopen.🙁

Brian O'Neil 19 March, 2020 00:02
Our overall reaction is not our finest hour and as for Landoners....................shut, don't think so.
As is always the case throughout history it will be the regular untitled folk that will sort this out when the gladhanders accept they are useless in the face of this.
I don't normally go out and about in town and shops but the last couple of days I have had to. I have to say there is a calmness and sensible attitude among all those I have come in contact with. They included the practice nurse greeting and screening me at my surgery whilst collecting a prescription, the same at the Santander bank, more of the same from civil servants at their main offices even shaking my hand and that was a female. Helpful and very courteous staff at Tescos. We are in the main a good people. The a holes will always command the news but they are not the majority. Keep well everyone.

Jilted 19 March, 2020 07:17
Plod came in the pub last night and thought people were self isolating as it was so quiet🙄shows how much they know about their beat and the pub trade.
Train fares returnedsmileys with beer
As for London, I should have been at the Phantom of the Opera tonight, but all theatres, cinemas, major sporting events are all closed and now many of the tube stations are too.
While people go on about rationing, Tesco still have offers on, enticing you to buy more items than you want. BOGOF.

Hope you have a stockpile of Lidl yogurt Alf😀

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2020 07:21 by Jilted.

Alfie 19 March, 2020 22:11
Haha..Just enough to keep me and the Missus happy JJ.. (Sm100)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2020 22:12 by Alfie.

Jilted 20 March, 2020 19:59
Government to pay Mo Salah £2500 a month? [:wor kid:]

In the pub last night a lad said the Army are manning up in Arbroath where 45 commando have a base. 😮
Pubs closing tonight and I’m on holiday all next week with no place to go.(Sm124)

Alfie 20 March, 2020 22:46
Quote:
Jilted
Government to pay Mo Salah £2500 a month? [:wor kid:]
In the pub last night a lad said the Army are manning up in Arbroath where 45 commando have a base. 😮
Pubs closing tonight and I’m on holiday all next week with no place to go.(Sm124)

Try a tour of Lidl's .(Sm42)

Jilted 20 March, 2020 23:11
Ain’t going there, went for a long walk today, passed by Lidl’s and there were 9cops dragging this guy out, he had a spit hood on and his arms and legs were strapped together, didn’t have my phone on me so missed a great photo opportunity. If I had posted a pic of that online the country would have gone into Corona meltdown, when the clown was probably only getting nicked for stealing some German sausage.

Brian O'Neil 21 March, 2020 01:54
All too serious now so brit humour henceforth please.

Jilted 22 March, 2020 09:42
Hey Alf, looks like you won’t get touring with the caravan this year, rural areas don’t want their health services over stretched.
But hey, yir mate Liz and her man are fleeing London to their wee bolthole, obviously Bucks House isn’t big enough for the pair to social distance, but it didnae stop her having a laugh at us plebs

“Our nation’s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one”, coming together as one 😂aye one rule for ONE.

fulledgelad 25 March, 2020 01:10
Quote:
Alfie
Sick of this now,it's a mild version of a cold,Flu kill is thousands more people .. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.We really are a nation of worrying phookers.. It is what it is.. Phook em all. AAnd get out ,it won't keep me in ..

Just wondering..do YOU still see this as a mild version of a cold?

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2020 01:36 by fulledgelad.

fulledgelad 25 March, 2020 01:16
Quote:
Brian O'Neil
In the meantime us regular folk will follow Alfie's lead.

Just wondering...are you still one of the regular folk?

Lest We Forget:

Jilted 25 March, 2020 10:17
We had Boris a few weeks ago saying he would continue to shake hands like he did at a hospital where there were virus patients. Absolute crackpot leader, should be jailed for endangering Brits lives.

Then we had this guy who didn’t want to follow orders.

Jilted 25 March, 2020 10:27
Big businesses asking for bailouts.......

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Jilted 25 March, 2020 14:23
Quote:
Jilted
Hey Alf, looks like you won’t get touring with the caravan this year, rural areas don’t want their health services over stretched.
But hey, yir mate Liz and her man are fleeing London to their wee bolthole, obviously Bucks House isn’t big enough for the pair to social distance, but it didnae stop her having a laugh at us plebs

“Our nation’s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one”, coming together as one 😂aye one rule for ONE.

Now Chic has fled London to his holiday home in Scotland and took the virus with him. Two faced royals, time they were consigned to the history books.

Alfie 25 March, 2020 19:33
Quote:
fulledgelad
Quote:
Alfie

Just wondering..do YOU still see this as a mild version of a cold?

(Sm22)(Sm22)..Aye Fulledge,I will hold my hand up and admit I got that wrong big time ..lol.

It's still not keeping me in though ,out everyday in the countryside walking now,until full lockdown. Hope you are keeping well and stay safe..

Jilted 26 March, 2020 15:02
I think the whole crisis has been handled shoddily, from WHO, who should have declared an emergency much earlier, to BoJo who was allowing pubs to stay open up until a week ago even when outdoor sporting events were cancelled. Even flights from Italy, Iran and China were still landing last week with no checks being made on the health of passengers. This is going to cost us a fortune for decades to come.

fulledgelad 26 March, 2020 20:48
Quote:
Jilted
flights from Italy, Iran and China were still landing last week

Air freight?

Lest We Forget:

Jilted 26 March, 2020 21:43
Quote:
fulledgelad
Quote:
Jilted

Air freight?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

fulledgelad 26 March, 2020 23:28
Quote:
Jilted
Quote:
fulledgelad
Quote:
Jilted

Air freight?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Brits coming home?

Lest We Forget:

Jilted 27 March, 2020 07:59
Quote:
fulledgelad
Quote:
Jilted
Quote:
fulledgelad
Quote:
Jilted

Air freight?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Brits coming home?

Maybe, travel expert Simon Calder was on tv three weeks ago RECOMMENDING cheap holidays to ......Venice, wtf was an expert telling people to go to the most deadliest part of Europe?

Re: O/T Coronavirusdi
Jilted 27 March, 2020 14:40
So BoJo has the virus, this is the man who claimed he would continue to shake hands like he did when visiting a hospital with virus patients. This moron’s advice may have caused the spread of the virus and even the deaths of many Brits. He should be removed from power ASAP.

Shanghaiclaret 28 March, 2020 02:50
One thing that the UK and Australia have is terrible leadership. ScoMo (Scott Morrison) is making a total balls of this. He needs a consistent clear message. No loopholes just get on with it.

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

fulledgelad 29 March, 2020 05:00
It can't be the easiest decision to force a nation into a lockdown with the likelihood of another long economic recession or even a long depression.

Lest We Forget:

kaiapoi claret 29 March, 2020 10:05
New Zealand in day 5 of lock down Things going ok just a few think they know best and doing things they shouldnt but the police are on top of them Glad we have good leadership and she is doing a good job We are in a 28 day lock down but could be a bit longer To you all in the UK keep isolated and keep safe and look after yourselves and your families

fulledgelad 29 March, 2020 11:15
Stay safe Peter.

We have been somewhat pressured into shutting shop for 2 weeks,possibly longer.
So if you fancy a chat sometime soon text me.

Lest We Forget:

Jilted 29 March, 2020 12:23
My sister has tested positive, works for NHS😮

kaiapoi claret 29 March, 2020 12:27
Jilts So sorry to hear that about your sister Keep safe

Jilted 29 March, 2020 13:41
Quote:
kaiapoi claret
Jilts So sorry to hear that about your sister Keep safe

Cheers, she works in an office at the local hospital, so not exactly a frontline worker, makes you wonder how many more nhs staff have caught it. She is self isolating at home, her son and girlfriend are both nurses, not sure if they will be able to visit her though.

Brian O'Neil 30 March, 2020 01:57
Unless every one of us is tested there is absolutely no way of knowing where we are with this. Anyone saying otherwise is talking horlicks. How is your sis doing Jilts ? Social distancing etc. may be far too late and your sis working in the office maybe an indicator of this. If you do the maths of those flying in and out of china for the last 4 months plus those who have flown in having been in china last 4 months the stats I suspect would indicate a possible infection rate in the UK of hundreds of thousands. I dropped some supplies off at my mums nursing home today and they are in good heart bless them. If you can help someone do it, every little helps. This will be a long and difficult haul and we will all be different at the end of it. I am incredibly fortunate in where I live and the people I am surrounded by. Stay safe.

Alfie 30 March, 2020 14:12
I hope your sister soon gets over this JJ,give her my best wishes and you stay safe..

fulledgelad 30 March, 2020 15:06
Light at the end of the tunnel?

[www.msn.com]

Lest We Forget:

fulledgelad 30 March, 2020 15:11
One for the chavs of this world (maybe not for delicate folk)

[www.youtube.com]

Lest We Forget:

Jilted 31 March, 2020 18:38
Sis is doing fine, she and her man both in lockdown.
Very few people on the streets up here, and those who are out shopping, exercising are keeping their distances.
Hopefully the worst will be over soon, bth, I think social distancing will go on for months and months. Keep safe folks.

Brian O'Neil 02 April, 2020 00:45
Universal wage...........not how you envisaged I imagine Jilts.
Bought 2 wholemeal loves tonight for 6p each at Morrisons, there were 2 full trays and it was mins before closing. It would be a sin if those not sold don't go to those more needy than me or indeed anyone as long as they do not go to waste.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net