Latest news:
New Page 1

Diogo Jota
Discussion started by Cheshire wolf , 18 September, 2020 17:00
Diogo Jota
Cheshire wolf 18 September, 2020 17:00
It seems the club have been listening to An Angry Wolf after all as a deal is on the cards for Diogo to move to Liverpool for £35 million, which I think is an extraordinary amount for him. I would be sorry to see him go as he always has a goal in him, but with Neto playing well and now Podence getting into the team I'm not sure he would get a lot of starts.

Apparently there is also talk of Liverpool youngster 18 year old Ki-Jana Hoever coming to us for £10 million, and apparently he played well against us in the cup last season.
Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2020 11:16 by Cheshire wolf.

Re: Diogo Jota
Andy Fincher 18 September, 2020 17:05
Beat me to it Chesh. A surprise certainly, especially, if he goes, we must surely have a smaller squad than last season even though Nuno has said he wants more players. Surely we must have someone lined up to come in.

chicagowolf 18 September, 2020 18:46
Ki-Jana? Right back? Come on down 😀
Diogo never seemed to get back to his Wolves heights and he has done us proud so presumably, we know what we are doing?
Some of the growing gang of ex-Wolves players in the Premiership will have plenty of chances to embarrass us. Helder Costa for instance.

an angry wolf 18 September, 2020 19:34
Its a good deal for Wolves, he isn't good enough and cant see what Klopp sees in him at all. Regarding the Lpool kid, never heard of him

Cheshire wolf 18 September, 2020 22:16
Apparently Hoever played in the Liverpool team we beat at the Mol last season in the FA Cup and some fans were mightily impressed by him. He sounds like a potential replacement for a Doc. I must admit I’m surprised By the idea of letting Jota go, after hearing Nuno say we need more players, so I can only imagine there are more on the shopping list!!

Lupinehowler 19 September, 2020 06:22
Jota will do well at Liverpool who are much more attack minded in their approach.
Playing in our system he was having to feed off crumbs due to our inability to create and press through midfield relying on long balls from Coady or Neves. With the money we have spent on him and the reported money that we are now getting it’s still good business.
Sorry to see him go but as long as we progress I won’t be complaining.

Ivybridge Wolf 19 September, 2020 08:13
Jota’s form has dipped, his decision making seemed a bit array especially post lockdown, however I’ve always really liked him .... from the first time I saw him at Molineux v Millwall when he scored, his talent was obvious and some of the moments of skill and attacking thrill he has provided has been just terrific. He has been a fundamental part of our rise and an excellent player. In the early days of our promotion winning season a friend and I would always debate whether Costa (when he was really on form) or Jota was best, from that Millwall match, for me it was obvious, not so much for my mate .... he may have come around!

I wish him all the very best. It’s strange how dramatically and quickly transfer matters can change things around. It was clear after the reports of him leaving Molineux before Stoke something was up, but I thought he’d maybe had a row about not being picked ..... he comes across a bit surly! However £41M plus £4M ‘add ons’ is likely a very good sum for Diogo and whilst I am sad he is leaving, that kind of money can’t be sniffed at ....... a good return for Mendes and Gestafute! It certainly softens the blow and I don’t feel as peed off as when Doc left .... he was part of the Molineux make up.

All the best Diogo, thanks for the excellent memories!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ivybridge Wolf 19 September, 2020 10:43
....... another reason I rated Diogo so highly ....... no fear despite being subject to a good deal of centre half / defender traditional thuggery, especially in our promotion season. Never one to wince, he took a lot and dished it out to them in abundance. Great to watch!! In fact it was superb!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

wolverina 19 September, 2020 12:35
I just hope there is a plan... Bit if a risk letting him go, not like we need the money, so hopefully, someone else has been lined up?

barmy army wolf 24 September, 2020 09:11
Now I was a fan of Jota, I think he has more in the bag too... Before he was injured last season, he was awesome, and when he 1st came back I thought he was great, but missing something!
All that said £35 million really?? It was talked about a couple of weeks ago that Raul was going to go for that? IMO if Jota (as good as he is) is worth 35 mil Raul if worth 70-priceless!

Ivybridge Wolf 28 September, 2020 20:38
He’s just come on for Liverpool. Totally weird to see him in red. As said before, good luck to him.

Ivybridge Wolf 28 September, 2020 20:46
Well, he’s been lively since coming on, now has his first Liverpool goal. Probably should have scored another!!

chicagowolf 29 September, 2020 08:55
Gotta smile.
Just to make life complete maybe Ivan Cavalleiro to score the winner when we play Fulham?🤨

an angry wolf 04 October, 2020 20:04
jotas first start for pool and they get smashed 7-2... happy days

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net