Latest news:
New Page 1

Romain Saiss
Discussion started by Cheshire wolf , 14 September, 2020 23:47
Romain Saiss
Cheshire wolf 14 September, 2020 23:47
Just to add to a couple of comments on the match thread for tonight’s game really. Saiss’s contribution to a game often goes under the wire, but even though Raúl was judged to be Man of the Match officially, I thought Saiss was superb. The majestic Willy Boly and our Captain CC often collect the plaudits but Siass’s performances get taken for granted.
He was there to head in a difficult ball for our second goal, he defended well as very little got past him, he headed off the line late in the 2nd half, and he was in the correct place to take a pass from the attacking Jiménez and have a shot which Ramsdale did well to parry on to the post. He linked up well with new boy Marcel and was part of an extremely resilient defence once again tonight. I would hate to think he is taken for granted and see Jose Mourinho come in for him unexpectedly!!

Re: Romain Saiss
Lupinehowler 15 September, 2020 12:31
You echo my own thoughts Chesh, I don’t think that we will lose him anytime soon, Nuno knows his value to the team and he just seems to get better and better.

Andy Fincher 15 September, 2020 19:30
A lot of people ( myself included) thought we should upgrade on Saiss but to be honest, if we had signed a new defender and he played as well as Saiss did last night we would be well happy.

Cheshire wolf 16 September, 2020 11:42
Perhaps it's that he's not one of the 'Big Names' in the Premiership that allows him to just get on and play well without any pressure. He's not the sort of player who seems to attract attention from other clubs, but then I never thought Doc was either!! What it does show though is how well a back three can gel when they play together on a very regular basis.

Cheshire wolf 16 September, 2020 13:16
It's also interesting to see that the OS summary of Monday's game has made Saiss man Of The Match

chicagowolf 17 September, 2020 09:33
Roman is another of those Nuno development successes. Last season when he picked up yellow yards every five minutes it was terrifying, but he was seldom substituted, and that was always (or pretty much always) vindicated.

an angry wolf 19 September, 2020 15:43
I still think he is the weak link regardless of one performance..

an angry wolf 21 September, 2020 20:36
His contribution tonight is probably costing us the game against man city..

Cheshire wolf 21 September, 2020 20:44
Quote:
an angry wolf
His contribution tonight is probably costing us the game against man city..

Agreed - such a disappointment after his performance last week

Andy Fincher 21 September, 2020 21:08
Second that.

barmy army wolf 24 September, 2020 10:05
I’m not a fan, I think he is reckless... I think that he is a character and it shows around the players in training etc....

an angry wolf 24 September, 2020 11:27
No wonder the OP has never won the prediction league, all we need now is an Andy Keogh tribute thread (Sm132) Im sure Vinagre will be out of the door before long , never rated him either

barmy army wolf 24 September, 2020 13:41
I rate Vinegar, though he isn’t a wing back! I’d like to see him in the middle of the park, in a grealish sort of role, But with his socks pull up (obviously)!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net