Latest news:
New Page 1

Conor Coady
Discussion started by Andy Fincher , 29 August, 2020 20:27
Conor Coady
Andy Fincher 29 August, 2020 20:27
The captain has been called up to the England squad for the matches against Iceland on Sept 5th and Denmark on 8th.
Whilst I am pleased for him and it is well deserved, I have mixed feelings myself.
Maitland-Niles has been called up as well and having seen him play today, maybe Conor could have a word in his ear for us.

Re: Conor Coady
Ivybridge Wolf 29 August, 2020 20:44
I’m absolutely delighted, it’s been a long time coming, too long really and might not have happened were it not for a certain holiday In Greece.

Fully deserved, such a great player and comes across as an equally great chap too.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Lupinehowler 29 August, 2020 20:57
Excellent news and well deserved.

wolverina 29 August, 2020 22:06
Really pleased for Conor! Always hated Maguire, overpaid thug - and now he's done me a favour!

Andy Fincher 05 September, 2020 16:28
Conor's a sub.

Sheffield WWFC 08 September, 2020 12:17
Reports are he will play tonight with Southgate opting for a 3 at the back formation. Let's see. I will probably stay up for highlights on ITV but won't do NowTV for an England friendly.

Ivybridge Wolf 08 September, 2020 19:44
How fantastic to see Conor walk onto the field in the Three Lions shirt. An emotional moment. Superb and so utterly deserved.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf 08 September, 2020 20:20
Problem is unless you pay the exorbitant cost of sky tv no one is seeing it Ivy

Andy Fincher 08 September, 2020 22:05
He was certainly the captain out there tonight, if not in name. Announced as m.o.m and quite rightly so.

Ivybridge Wolf 08 September, 2020 22:19
Don’t disagree Angry ...... as a cricket fan it was great to see England on the BBC at the weekend for the first time in an age but why our National Football team is restricted to pay per view, lord only knows. Indeed, As an aside, our first league match v Blades has now been switched to a 6pm KO and being covered by Sky.

I agree Andy too. In a generally poor England performance tonight, Coady played very solidly and was extremely assured. His communication was very good too. A very good debut for Conor. Surely done more than enough, bar injury, for another call up for the next round of matches.

an angry wolf 09 September, 2020 10:14
I'm pleased for Coady but the England team is currently a joke ... nothing new I suppose

Cheshire wolf 09 September, 2020 22:36
Connor played very well last pm. For much of the time his was the only voice which could be heard on the pitch!! He was solid in his defending and made some typical long passes out to the wings.
England struggled with the new model particularly in midfield. Dier played on the left alongside Coady but as a right footer many of his passes we’re sideways or backwards, and the fact that right footed Trippier was on the left wing didn't help.
Connor was made up in his post match interview especially as they had kept a clean sheet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 12:39 by Cheshire wolf.

Andy Fincher 09 September, 2020 22:51
Agree regards Trippier and Dier, although I suspect Maguire will be back next time, but if Phillips and Rice are an International midfield then God help us. Hopefully this was an experiment and won't be tried again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net