Latest news:
New Page 1

Premier league wage comparisons
Discussion started by an angry wolf , 12 August, 2020 11:13
Premier league wage comparisons
an angry wolf 12 August, 2020 11:13

Re: Premier league wage comparisons
Ivybridge Wolf 12 August, 2020 19:05
Not seen that and I was a bit surprised how low we are. I know nothing about the source, is it reputable?

Additionally what effect does this have on FFP and our recent UEFA penalty ? I genuinely don’t know how these things are measured, nor the rules. I think I give up a number of years ago about FFP and the implications as ‘too difficult to understand’ plus loopholes!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf 12 August, 2020 19:10
Ive seen those figures on numerous sites Ivy so unless they are all copied from the same unreliable source it seems unlikely. I'm not suggesting we are back to the days of Morgan but maybe we have simply reached a ceiling for the club where this is as good as it gets.

I would personally use this period of covid to expand the stadium trying to increase the wolves brand, as a club which has 50,000 fans watching football is much more marketable particularly abroad than one with just over 30.

Ivybridge Wolf 13 August, 2020 08:47
Cheers. As said, I would have thought we were higher up. Having said that, it certainly suggests we haven’t bought our way into the league in quite the way that some critics have cited. It’s eye watering the figures involved on that list, obscene really and I’ve love to see that bubble burst. Nevertheless if we want to play with the big boys!!

I really want to see Molineux redeveloped and agree this could indeed be the time but I personally can’t see it. In the short term, The owners will be wondering when exactly fans will be coming back in numbers or what restrictions might unfold. More generally weren’t developments being linked to other general city centre improvements more latterly? I’d like Fosun to be bold but the various mixed messages we’ve had on this subject over the last couple of years leads me to believe it just won’t happen ..... yet. Have they concluded it’s not viable, what exactly is the situation? Moreover, I do wonder how Fosun (who have been amazing for us ..... obviously!) view the current Anglo-chinese national narrative but that’s more a comment on their UK ownership in general.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf 13 August, 2020 10:21
Fair points particularly on the England - China relationship which I hadn't really considered. There never seems to be any good news anywhere with anything does there lol. Whilst we have had a good season, the bitter disappointment of Tuesday , factored in with points you have raised and perhaps more importantly the general collapse of society with nearly everything enjoyable curtailed in some fashion or having us muzzled like ducks in masks makes me wonder whether protecting life at all costs is more important than reducing life quality to the degree where it ceases being " life".

I see cinemas have introduced masks ... if fans are allowed with masks would you attend molineux? I'd sooner not bother at all than be sweating uncomfortably behind a bloody mask for over 2 hours- shops are bad enough.

Having looked into the FFP situation it appears our fine from UEFA is down to our promotion season as it is a 3 year cycle and shouldn't affect the premier league as this has different FFP criteria but who knows. The FFP clearly allows clubs to spend an allocation of their "budget" on players which penalises clubs that don't have the fan base of United/ Lpool making it an even more unequal playing field

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net