Latest news:
New Page 1

VAR decision
Discussion started by an angry wolf , 07 August, 2020 11:48
VAR decision
an angry wolf 07 August, 2020 11:48
I've just rewatched the Olympiakos goal chalked off and his foot was clearly several inches onside,, imagine if that was given the other way? I think it's probably the worst VAR decision Ive ever seen. [www.youtube.com]

Re: VAR decision
Sheffield WWFC 07 August, 2020 21:14
I think you line up his left shoulder not his foot, so it was marginally offside according to the current interpretation (although indiscernable to the naked eye).

an angry wolf 07 August, 2020 22:29
Fair point, i was focusing on the feet but as there is no discernible advantage to leaning forward as the feet propel the player to the ball, surely the law needs to be amended. Imagine if this was Wolves and we were knocked out after that

Andy Fincher 07 August, 2020 23:03
Looking at the lines drawn across the pitch it looks to me as if they gave him offside because of his shoulder. If it had been against Wolves, as several similar decisions have this season, I would be an angry wolf. The referee gave the goal and VAR overturned it. Obviously I am pleased it worked in our favour but a ridiculous decision. Scrap VAR.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net