Latest news:
New Page 1

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Match Thread: Wolves vs Brighton & HA
wolverina 07 March, 2020 16:10
Well you know the BBC! Doesn't sound like we've taken hold of this yet. Definitely need a goal to start the ball rolling...

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:11
Albion having the majority of play at present

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:14
Burn & Dunk both get yellow cards for successive fouls. Free kick o edge of their area cleared from the goal line. I think we probably need a change & to see Adama. Important block by Boly

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:19
Neves' shot on target this time but blocked in the area. Albion break but shoot wide. Exciting break by Jota & Raul which ends with a poor shot from Joao. Adama being prepared!!

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:21
Strangely Adama replaces Neves

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:25
Good play by Albion ends with a wild shot over. Adama breaks and puts a good cross in but cleared

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:31
Podence being prepared to enter the fray. Adama loses the ball when a break is on. Brighton are playing well and always look dangerous on the break, but fortunately their shooting is oretty poor. DP replaces Jota

wolverina 07 March, 2020 16:32
Perhaps they should bring Neto on - he's very eager and could just get the goal we need?

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:35
Quote:
wolverina
Perhaps they should bring Neto on - he's very eager and could just get the goal we need?
I think he'll probably be next up Wolverina.

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:38
I think Vinagre is a very promising & talented young player but I wish he wouldn't think he always has to take someone on before he can pass the ball!!

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:42
Good defending by Wolves to maintain their clean sheet which is the only positive so far!!

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:46
Corner to Wolves earned by Vinagre- their first of this half I believe, cleared easily. Stephens replaces Mooy for Albion who has been a thorn in our side again!

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:49
Our best chance for ages falls to Donk and he puts it over th bar. I can't see us scoring today I'm afraid

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:51
Doc gives a silly foul away just outside our area., but is is a very poor effort.

Cheshire wolf 07 March, 2020 16:54
Three added minutes played and all over. Brighton played well and dealt with our threat up front well. We were well organised as always but often our passing left us wanting. Fortunately none of the Brighton forwards had their shooting boots with them!! Another clean sheet for Rui which is his 4th consecutive one in the League, but another disappointing result against a team struggling to stay in the League.
Wolves 0 Brighton 0

Lupinehowler 07 March, 2020 17:03
A disappointing result and a disappointing performance.
Just seemed that too many of our players were under par,sloppy passing, poor first control and the usual spark we have come to expect from the likes of Jota, Traore etc just wasn’t there.
Feel that it was two points lost rather than one point gained.

Andy Fincher 07 March, 2020 17:06
If ever a side had the Indian sign over us, it's Brighton.

Ivybridge Wolf 07 March, 2020 21:58
A good day but a disappointing end result. A decent pint in the Lych Gate then onto the Royal London before pushing onto Molineux.
We started so positively but Brighton worked their way into the match as time wore on. This and a willingness to lose the ball made for a below par performance overall.
The match certainly wasn’t dire but conversely wasn’t a classic, sadly we were pretty toothless in front of goal, although the introduction of Traore did liven things up a little bit. Brighton tried to play football, worked hard and kept the ball very well at time, but didn’t really look like scoring despite giving a couple of nervy moments. They certainly weren’t like last year, another 0-0 which was 100% dire with 11 blue and white double deckers.
What is it about Brighton, we just can’t seem to beat them. My mate was happy, I was just totally frustrated. A good atmosphere today by the way, despite the scoreline.
It’s closing up at the top end of the table isn’t it?
UTW!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

maiseytaw 08 March, 2020 10:41
We were bloody terrible for 95% of the game yesterday, lethargic performance and the most woeful passing I've seen for a long time.

Ruben Vinagre started fairly well but then seemed to lose all confidence and started passing backwards, despite having acres of space to attack into. He's becoming frustrating to watch, and many around me were saying exactly what I was thinking at the time - "God, I hope Jonny is back soon".

Only Diogo and Saiss did themselves any justice, the rest, including an uncharacteristically poor Moutinho, were dogsh*t. Need to perform better far more consistently to have any chance of staying in the top 6 at the end of the seasonm

Ivybridge Wolf 08 March, 2020 11:58
An off day for sure.
Agree about Vinagre. He was the source of many of my frustrations, always seemed to look to play the ball back when he had acres to run into or attack their right back .... especially in the second half. Was he asked to do that? He cut back so often, I did wonder if he was under instruction, he doesn't normally play like that. Who knows, but he's very much still learning and I don't want to be too critical, however Jonny is our man in that position - when available.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net