Re: Match Thread: Wolves vs Leicester City
Cheshire wolf 14 February, 2020 21:51
Raul gets a free header from a corner and puts it just wide

wolverina 14 February, 2020 21:55
Bloody robbed - again!!!

Cheshire wolf 14 February, 2020 21:58
All over and another goalless draw between us after Wolves have another goal chalked off by VAR The point puts us in 7th spot above Everton on goal difference.
Disappointing night after we played so well
Wolves 0 City 0

Andy Fincher 14 February, 2020 22:17
I will follow Wolves as I always have done. I will continue to go to Molineux when I can, I am going next Thursday and Sunday, I will watch them on tv or on a stream when I can but apart from watching Wolves I am now finished with football until they get rid of VAR, and that will never happen.
Football is ruined, absolute disgrace.

Ivybridge Wolf 14 February, 2020 23:14
Nights like tonight make you want to give up to be honest. We didn’t really perform in that second half and we just do not make the most of our chances but the VAR decision makes you want to cry/shout/commit murder/cower in a corner. The second terrible decision versus Leicester alone this season costing us 4 points in total. What is it when we are unable to celebrate the most precious thing in football, a goal?
Pathetic.
Oh well, I’ll be there on Thursday. Do we have VAR in Europe? I’ve forgotten.
Dreadful night tonight. Football is dying.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

essington wolf 15 February, 2020 00:09
It's not football anymore, to be honest when var came into force at the start of the season I never thought it was brought in to just f..k wolves over or am I being paranoid. We have certainly not had the rub of the green with it have we. Seriously though people stood around me in the south bank tonight are just about sick of these toenail offsides that seem to go against us all the time. That var decision killed the atmosphere fans have just had enough of this farce. I never thought I'd see fans not celebrating a goal but sadly that's what it's come to. Unlucky again tonight boys but we fight on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 00:11 by essington wolf.

Andy Fincher 15 February, 2020 10:53
Please excuse my ignorance and by all means feel free to educate me on this point as I am clearly missing something.
I always thought that if the ball was played back then the player receiving it was onside. The ball was obviously played back to Neto from Jota so I don't understand how he could have been offside. As Nuno, none of the players or commentators have mentioned this then I assume I must be wrong so if anyone can put me right on this point, I would be grateful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 11:40 by Andy Fincher.

an angry wolf 15 February, 2020 11:47
I assumed the same Andy , apparently Coady asked the referee who just replied he didnt know who was offside but apparently Riley in the VAR centre said it someone was but didnt give a name.

I still bet on football using the uncertainty of it to try to make a few quid but with all this nonsense and the battle with flickering streams that can go off any second have lost a great deal of interest in it all. I ended up watching a few reruns of only fools and horses on uk gold switching all this sh1te off. If we had beat Leicester last night the dream of champions league football would still be alive but its been killed by a bitter bald c*nt in an office miles away that clearly hates wolves. As it isn't a sport anymore I refuse to waste my time watching it or let it ruin my weekend.

Ivybridge Wolf 15 February, 2020 11:53
That’s what i thought Andy, I’d have to look again in detail but I’m remain bemused. I couldn’t really hear the chat on the box, such was the noise in the pub, but I did pick up the decision being described as ‘forensic‘ ... never a phrase you want to hear.

I’m still gutted, deflated. The decision was grim but I am disappointed we didn’t win it in spite of this travesty. We are not converting enough of the chances we create. This is a continuing feature.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ivybridge Wolf 15 February, 2020 12:01
BTW I’m just about to watch football focus to relive the misery ..... if we get a mention with the Manchester City news?

..... as a footnote, as if things couldn’t get any worse , I’m off to Home Park to watch Argyle this afternoon v Crewe. The sad part is it is still on and currently the conditions are appalling 😳

Footnote at 1.15 ish. Argyle just announced as definitely on. Despite my tongue in cheek comments, looking forward to this, no VAR to ruin stuff on the pitch. Having said that conditions remain appalling, probably the worst I’ve been to a match for years. Driving rain all day and to continue. We’ll be drenched!! 😂

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 13:16 by Ivybridge Wolf.

an angry wolf 15 February, 2020 12:18
BTW regarding Mike Riley , he originates from leeds and although I dont know him or have ever met him , my sisters husband knows him through an accountancy firm going back eons . During the course of the years , it's fair to say Riley isnt a wolves fan but would never publicly disclose his disdain for the club for obvious reasons. I suppose you could argue even if you despise a club you should be impartial regarding decisions but the subconscious kicks in - the reality is we will never get any borderline decisions with Riley in control of VAR as he simply won't allow it I'm afraid. If I was in charge of VAR when United/lpool were playing I suppose I'd be tempted to award decisions against them and that cretin Riley is no different.. we will always need to score several goals to guarantee one

Andy Fincher 15 February, 2020 22:35
Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Nights like tonight make you want to give up to be honest. We didn’t really perform in that second half and we just do not make the most of our chances but the VAR decision makes you want to cry/shout/commit murder/cower in a corner. The second terrible decision versus Leicester alone this season costing us 4 points in total. What is it when we are unable to celebrate the most precious thing in football, a goal?
Pathetic.
Oh well, I’ll be there on Thursday. Do we have VAR in Europe? I’ve forgotten.
Dreadful night tonight. Football is dying.

Sorry to tell you Ivy, but VAR will be back on Thursday.

Lupinehowler 16 February, 2020 19:00
Absolutely ridiculous decision. Move the recording one or two frames backwards or forwards and the decision wouldn’t stand and at what point do they cease to measure, 1000th of an inch, or is it down to adjudicators eyesight? It should only be used for obvious mistakes or unseen issues not as a forensic tool which only serves to disrupt the game and spoil the spectacle.
No consistency in the way decisions are made by VAR either which must cast the whole debacle into doubt regarding it’s use. I would imagine that if the goal had stood we would have rolled over Leicester quite easily.
Arrrrrrgg!,,,,,

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net