Latest news:
New Page 1

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Match Thread: Manchester United vs Wolves
Cheshire wolf 01 February, 2020 19:20
Four added minutes. Donk replaces Raul Attendance over 73,600!! Podence gets his first shot blocked

Cheshire wolf 01 February, 2020 19:22
Dalot goes close with a header. Final whistle goes and it finishes goalless. A better result for us than them!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2020 19:24 by Cheshire wolf.

wolverina 01 February, 2020 19:24
I can remember the days we would have been ecstatic with a point at Old Trafford - now it just seems a wasted opportunity! hope Adama is OK!

` 01 February, 2020 19:26
A fairly dour performance from both teams but shows how far we've come that we are disappointed with a draw at old Trafford. I dont understand why nuno brought Raul off for a defender... this isnt the United of yesteryear , why not go for all 3 points? Podence looked decent but he could have at least had the decency on the bench to be ready for action instead of putting shinpads on etc

Lupinehowler 01 February, 2020 20:04
A good performance and a well deserved point. Does not do my nerves any good at all when we defend so deep for so long. Teams are now showing our attack a lot more respect and are doubling up at every opportunity. Boly and Jota seemed to settle back in seamlessly which is a bonus.
Onwards and upwards.

Ivybridge Wolf 02 February, 2020 01:47
Definitely a good point though 4 matches against them this season, 3 draws and a defeat. Overall I’d say that is disappointing.

We could have made better of some of our chances but that is the story of the last two seasons. Equally Manchester United had very good opportunities and the one at the death was a massive heart in mouth moment! Happy with the point and definitely deserved.

As Lupinehowler has said, so good to see Jota and Boly fitting back in, though would say Big Willy was the most assured of the two. Dear Podence looked good too, that one turn and shot, whilst blocked, has given me plenty of hope.

Well played Wolves, great stuff!

Shame we now have a stupid ‘winter break’ (ffing ridiculous) as we could do with a bit of continuity, two weeks without a match is too long at this stage.

UTW!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

` 02 February, 2020 10:58
There are far too many international breaks in football and when you consider some weeks we are saturated with games to the point of overkill , the spacing of the games definitely needs to be looked at.

I'm assuming it's another international break with players born in Jamaica donning the 3 lions because their grandmother once farted in Uk airspace in 1955 so we have to endure a few pot bellied drunks and deranged old biddys waving their flags again. Keep the world cup as an instant knockout , scrap qualification making it like the FA cup where minnows can draw "giants " … who wants to watch England pummel another country in qualification where residents think the wheel is a new invention with Wright and Shearer wheeled out in suits telling us all how there is progress when England wins 8-0 vs san marino type opposition. I wouldn't wash my car with a d1ckland shirt.. which I have now purchased after going to court last week somehow keeping my license on 13 points (Sm122)

Ivybridge Wolf 02 February, 2020 13:35
(Sm22)

........ erm, okay ........ no internationals eye popping smiley(Sm6) it’s a premier league induced winter break. 1 week’s fixtures spread over two weeks to give the molly coddled athletes a well earned break and because mystic meg foresaw and predicted huge snow drifts across England ........ and of course, more money achieved via TV schedules.

As for my England shirt, I’ll put it away until June 14th (Sm1). Angry, I have a couple spare, feel free to PM me if you’d like to borrow it!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

` 02 February, 2020 15:12
I couldnt be bothered to check Ivy if Dickland were playing the Vatican city but regardless of this break, we continually have the international nonsense during a season and it needs scrapping. When did this break get introduced.. this season I presume as I cant recall this before?

Ivybridge Wolf 02 February, 2020 16:06
Spot on, first season. It was decided sometime last season that the poor lambs would be tired come mid February or, as I indicated, the country would grind to halt following a perfectly timed biblical snow fall.

Just goes to show that you give an inch however - instead of focusing on the fact this stupid break has been introduced because of constant bleating , the likes of Pep and Klopp still love to pedal the erroneous view of playing too much football. Tiresome.

` 02 February, 2020 18:23
Indeed Ivy , with our tiny squad I think we are currently exploding the myth of the tiredness rubbish. I'm sure we all remember earlier this season there were people saying we would be relegated due to the Europa league exertions as physical athletes in their prime are incapable of two 90 minute matches in a week... what a load of cr*ap that is. Back In the real world nurses work 12 hour shifts, tennis players play 5 sets on consecutive days but some Instagram ponce like Pogba is feeling a little bit weary the poor soul. I also have vague recollections of reasons behind Burnleys struggle last season being down to one qualifying game in the Europa against Olympiakos where they didnt even make the group stages... it may have been Cedric that believed that. (Sm64)

I always believe proof is in the pudding with these things whether its crutone, impending relegation battles or even prediction league tables to see where these... experts are (Sm100)

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net