New Page 1

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Match Thread: FA Cup Third Round: Wolves vs Man Utd
Cheshire wolf 04 January, 2020 18:58
Joao replaces Saiss

Cheshire wolf 04 January, 2020 19:02
Kilman tried to pull out of a tackle but still stops Chong & gets a yellow card. Jonny coming on to replace Ruben Vinagre

Cheshire wolf 04 January, 2020 19:04
Doc put a it in but it goes in off his arm. Bloody shame after good work down the left wing by Jonny

Cheshire wolf 04 January, 2020 19:08
Raul breaks and hits the bar from an impossible angle

Cheshire wolf 04 January, 2020 19:10
Long range shot from Joao but wide

Cheshire wolf 04 January, 2020 19:22
Six added minutes being played

Cheshire wolf 04 January, 2020 19:24
Finishes 0-0

Billericay Wolf 04 January, 2020 19:27
Yet another game to play. Just what we need.

wolverina 04 January, 2020 19:28
Well, saves me stopping up to watch MOTD! Need another match like a hole in the head!

Andy Fincher 04 January, 2020 22:25
Not the most entertaining of matches apart from the final 20 mins. Manchester didn't even muster a shot on target.
Coady had a solid match and it showed how much we miss Moutinho in midfield. I quite like Vinagre and Neto but they were both a bit frustrating. They frustrated me anyway. Didn't get Traore into the game enough or he didn't get himself into it.
Felt a bit sorry for Ashley-Seal. It must have been difficult up there in that first half and I don't think we found out much about him one way or the other.
Ironically enough, I know Nuno was trying to rest certain players but if we had fielded a stronger team from the start we would probably have won and saved ourselves having to play another match that we don't need.
Anyway we're still in and playing at Old Trafford isn't intimidating anymore like it used to be.

Andy Fincher 04 January, 2020 22:39
At least we know why Manchester were so bad. Solskjear or however the @#$%& you spell his name, didn't like the dressing room. Bloody little Norwegian dwarf.

Ivybridge Wolf 05 January, 2020 15:44
Lacklustre wasn't it?

I went, had a great day, a nice couple in the Combermere, shame about the football!!

The match never really got going. The first half involved a lot of periods when we seemed to want to give it away cheaply and easily. Having said that, if Romero fails to make that superb save and it would have been a different match altogether. Felt a bit sorry for Ashley-Seal, had a big job to do and appeared, on this occasion, to not come up to expectation. He's young but not a great debut, hopefully he'll have better.

Second half was a little more entertaining, we'd played much better having Jimenez on the pitch. Traore was a constant menace and from both sides we had some promising moments, some decent crosses but not enough fire power in the box to convert or put pressure on their numbers in defence. We got away with Rashfords effort hitting the crossbar (great work from Coady), we might of even got away with the first half penalty incident (despite VAR), however Doc will be kicking himself he failed to nod in our best chance of the match, instead it came off his arm!

0-0 was about right, maybe we edged it and it's a shame we now how to go to Old Trafford to try and dispose of Man Utd. That will be more difficult. We're still in the hat however.

Not a classic by any stretch, certainly not one for the neutral!! Good to be a Molineux however!

UTW

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ivybridge Wolf 05 January, 2020 15:56
By the way Andy, I agree about Neto and Vinagre. Both have talent, both can really produce great moments but but sometimes they lack the ability to make the correct decision when on the ball. Having said that, I didn’t feel either had a stinker yesterday by any means - in particular Neto

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ivybridge Wolf 05 January, 2020 15:56
By the way Andy, I agree about Neto and Vinagre. Both have talent, both can really produce great moments but but sometimes they lack the ability to make the correct decision when on the ball. Having said that, I didn’t feel either had a stinker yesterday by any means - in particular Neto

Andy Fincher 05 January, 2020 17:50
Alright mate, I heard you the first time.smiling smiley

Cheshire wolf 06 January, 2020 16:43
To be honest I was frustrated by Traore at times. I know he has these bursts of energy and speed when he takes on defenders, and his final ball is improving, but it's what he does off the ball that I struggled with on Sat. Jiminez regularly picks up the ball and sends it over, and Traore needs to show more intent as an attacker to get into the box and anticipate the ball, instead of standing outside the box watching what's going on. It's essentially the same issue as against Spurs when he completely failed to defend and Vertonghen scored their late goal.

With regard to Neto and Vinagre they are undoubtedly talented players, and they will hopefully develop some intuition as to when they have taken on enough players and need to cross the ball!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net