New Page 1

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Holding onto Nuno
Discussion started by oldngold , 24 November, 2019 17:53
Holding onto Nuno
oldngold 24 November, 2019 17:53
Arsenal are close to sacking Emery

I think both Emery & Ole will be gone shortly. Indeed I think Ole will be gone by tomorrow morning.

I think we may be able to see off Arsenal if they come knocking for Nuno but not United.

Depends if United think Nuno and his team are ready for Old Trafford. I hope not.

If Nuno goes to United or Arsenal I would look at brining Rafa Benitez to back from China.

Succession management is critical. I hope that Nuno commits to Wolves until at least the end of the season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/11/2019 18:40 by oldngold.

Re: Holding onto Nuno
Lupinehowler 25 November, 2019 08:44
I am hopeful that Nuno will not have his head turned by the offer from “a bigger team “ he seems to have bought into the longer plan and is fashioning a team philosophy and work ethic that would not suit the likes of Arsenal or Utd. I know that money talks but I also feel that Nuno does not fit into the mercenary category of many modern managers.

Andy Fincher 25 November, 2019 11:01
I think (hope) that Utd would be more likely to try for Pochetino as long as he is available.

Andy Fincher 25 November, 2019 19:28
I hope there is nothing in this but disturbingly Nuno is 3/1 favourite to be Arsenal's next manager.

Bergmars 27 November, 2019 12:18
I am a Arsenal fan but hope Nuno stays at Wolves Arsenal is a toxic club at present and in a bigger mess than many realise he should continue his progress at the Mol.

Under new managment

barmy army wolf 27 November, 2019 15:27
I too am hoping that if it was end of season, the special one might have gone... but to leave a club mid season, doesn’t bode well, and I’m also hope Nuno isn’t that type of manager/person 🤞

an angry wolf 27 November, 2019 16:51
Both the Arsenal job and the United job will be attractive propositions for potential managers as the scope for improvement is vast- huge clubs underachieving where putting a garden gnome in charge to replace the hapless emery and gormless Ole would probably improve results. I don't think the finances regarding wages would be an issue as Fosun are hardly skint and I would imagine we could compete with Arsenal for managerial salaries, although maybe not United.

Lupine you say work ethic and philosophy wouldnt benefit Utd or Arsenal.... why not? That kind of ethic benefits any team. I'd be gutted if Nuno left, but don't think you can describe someone as a " mercenary " for leaving as we would all leave our jobs for better paid opportunities... Nuno however popular he is isn't a wolves fan like us although I would hope we may have enough to entice him to stay given the rapport he has with the fans/club. Let's not forget, although United is the bigger club, Arsenal is based in London which is often a great pulling power factor compared to cities like Manchester or dare I say Wolverhampton.

wolverina 27 November, 2019 20:05
Really hope he stays - but he's been brilliant for us and you can't stop someone developing his career - if going to Arsenal is considered in that way!

Andy Fincher 27 November, 2019 20:15
I've looked on the Arsenal page and most of them either don't want him or think he won't go.

Ivybridge Wolf 28 November, 2019 00:59
Every man and manager has his price but I’m worried about the media coverage, the BBC getting stuck in stating the Arsenal links with Nuno. I hope Nuno doesn’t go, I think the best advice I’ve seen is from Bergmars , the Arsenal fan. I too believe Arsenal isn’t just a side in transition, it has seriously lost its way to a point of toxicity. Since we beat them last season I’ve been dipping into Arsenal TV, on YouTube operated by a chap called Robbie ..... he interviews fans post match and it’s often hilarious unless you’re an Arsenal fan ...... the bile, hysteria (often warranted) and creeping apathy tells a tale. I’m sure Nuno would consider, though I have a feeling (hoping) sense would prevail and our story will continue... together. Also, if he left, my wife would be absolutely gutted.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

chicagowolf 28 November, 2019 06:05
Ah, the lure of a big club. We used to be the biggest but now we are aiming again for the top but not quite yet. Nuno will have been working with Jeff, talking with Mendez, thinking about his time here and trying to work out where both clubs will be. It is about money, it always is, but Fosun’s belief, ambition, and commitment will be the biggest factor.
He has been working with them and listening to them.

maiseytaw 28 November, 2019 06:58
Quote:
an angry wolf
Both the Arsenal job and the United job will be attractive propositions for potential managers as the scope for improvement is vast- huge clubs underachieving where putting a garden gnome in charge to replace the hapless emery and gormless Ole would probably improve results. I don't think the finances regarding wages would be an issue as Fosun are hardly skint and I would imagine we could compete with Arsenal for managerial salaries, although maybe not United.
Lupine you say work ethic and philosophy wouldnt benefit Utd or Arsenal.... why not? That kind of ethic benefits any team. I'd be gutted if Nuno left, but don't think you can describe someone as a " mercenary " for leaving as we would all leave our jobs for better paid opportunities... Nuno however popular he is isn't a wolves fan like us although I would hope we may have enough to entice him to stay given the rapport he has with the fans/club. Let's not forget, although United is the bigger club, Arsenal is based in London which is often a great pulling power factor compared to cities like Manchester or dare I say Wolverhampton.

Agree 100% with this. Also, to those trying to spin Wolves to Arsenal as a step down (not on here, on Twitter and other social media) because we're above them in the league table, I would suggest you think carefully about what effect Nuno has had on our league position and whether we'd be above them without him. I highly doubt it.

Cheshire wolf 28 November, 2019 11:05
I hope this is true:
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/76781372_10221637863559326_4161864043293835264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=MBiZ-EbQZvcAQlIWdIUapc5MjHwXvfGvT7E8f0dHTJAPAc-5FPkFzkQaA&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=ef670d0efa5c6318a86493f5f5dfe7ee&oe=5E401FCD

Lupinehowler 28 November, 2019 14:42
All the comments highlight the esteem in which Nuno is held by so many.
Which previous manager was held in such high regard?

an angry wolf 28 November, 2019 17:38
None lupine after Stan cullis I suspect

oldngold 28 November, 2019 22:44
As I say I hope we can at least hold onto him until the summer. But I think negotiations have already started. As soon as players start coming out saying we must keep the manager then you know there is going to be an announcement at some point.

oldngold 29 November, 2019 11:19
This is now developing quickly with Emery's sacking.

Arsenal want Nuno that is clear and is their number 1 target.

I think they will already have spoken to him. Nuno would expect Arsenal to take his entire team.

This is a serious issue for Wolves. The ball is in Fosun's court. This is all about money and ambition. I think we can resist Arsenal but Fosun really do have to step up.

an angry wolf 29 November, 2019 12:03
Forever the voice of optimism as always oldngold… I thought I was a glass half empty type till I met you - I now consider myself part of the half full brigade

Ivybridge Wolf 29 November, 2019 18:03
Whilst worried still confident Nuno will stay. I see Freddie Lundberg is in temporary control.
Trouble with Emery was that ‘ooooo he was awful and they didn’t like him’. 😀 I’m here all week

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Andy Fincher 29 November, 2019 19:12
Nuno now out to 15/2, Allegri new favourite.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net