Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Match Thread: Aston Villa vs Wolves - Carabao Cup 4th Round
chicagowolf 30 October, 2019 20:16
assist from Lansbury; good ball through to El Ghazi who puts it away

Cheshire wolf 30 October, 2019 20:21
Quote:
an angry wolf
Following the updates but have to admit villa kids vs wolves kids doesnt really interest me
I know what you mean Angry but I don't really think it's Villa kids. With the likes of Hourihane, Elmohamedy, El Ghazi, Taylor, Lansbury and Davis in their team they have a great deal more experience than our team.

an angry wolf 30 October, 2019 20:21
I cant stand this competition personally and won't be sorry to see us out.. it's not much more prestigious than the checkatrade trophy these days lets be honest with every club putting out kids or people they want to sell in the shop window.

chicagowolf 30 October, 2019 20:22
Wolves free kick on the edge of the box. Neto shoots high

chicagowolf 30 October, 2019 20:25
our last couple of trophies came from the L.Cup so I have a soft spot for it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2019 20:43 by chicagowolf.

Cheshire wolf 30 October, 2019 20:26
Also interesting to dote that Gibbs-White isn't even on the bench again tonight!

Trezeguet throws himself to the floor in the area with Sanderson next to him. Ref gives a goal kick but says nothing to him!!

an angry wolf 30 October, 2019 20:27
Maybe Cheshire regarding villa , but have you seen Liverpools side tonight as an eg of how the big clubs treat the cup. 11 changes says it all

Cheshire wolf 30 October, 2019 20:30
Two minutes plus added time to play

Cheshire wolf 30 October, 2019 20:31
One added minute to play.

Ivybridge Wolf 30 October, 2019 20:33
It’s bad news how this competition is often treated but I firmly maintain it’s something we can reasonably expect to see Wolves progress, even potentially win. To do that, with the likes of Oxford and Colchester in the quarterfinals, must be incentive to ‘have a go’.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Cheshire wolf 30 October, 2019 20:34
Half time whistle goes and Wolves trail to the one decent attempt from Villa. Our team of largely inexperienced youngsters have worked hard and defended well, but need to do better when in possession of the ball. Cutrone has been anonymous whilst Neto, Campbell and Vinagre have made some good runs down the wings. They are up against a lot of experience in the Villa side and it shows!
Villa 1 Wolves 0

an angry wolf 30 October, 2019 20:37
Im not watching but Cutrone not managing to score against the villa reserves doesnt bode well ( the Italian Andy Keogh)

Ivybridge Wolf 30 October, 2019 20:39
Antonio Keotrone (Sm9) Surely not Angry!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

chicagowolf 30 October, 2019 20:42
since the only thing that happened was the goal, they just showed it from about nine different angles. Two things were clear; our defence was wrongfooted Vinagre and Bennett, but also the shot was not that hard and Ruddy got a hand to it. Think Patricio would have saved it but perhaps that is a bit unkind. In any case there was just ONE shot on target in total from the two teams.

Ivybridge Wolf 30 October, 2019 20:46
I think you’re right Chicago ..... a bit harsh on Ruddy!

Cheshire wolf 30 October, 2019 20:54
Quote:
an angry wolf
Maybe Cheshire regarding villa , but have you seen Liverpools side tonight as an eg of how the big clubs treat the cup. 11 changes says it all

I don't disagree Angry, but L'pool still have the likes of the Ox, Origi and Milner in their side, because the teams have considerably bigger squads than we do, which I appreciate is a choice of Nuno's. We only have Ruddy & Bennett as our experienced players on the pitch.

Cheshire wolf 30 October, 2019 20:56
Cutrone scores after good work by Perry!!
Villa 1 Wolves 1

Ivybridge Wolf 30 October, 2019 20:58
Cutrone!!! Nice neat CF poachers goal. 1-1 UTW

chicagowolf 30 October, 2019 20:59
Cutrone scores 1-0

chicagowolf 30 October, 2019 21:00
Andy Kutrone !!!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net