Latest news:
New Page 1

4 Points off the top 4
Discussion started by an angry wolf , 06 October, 2019 20:30
4 Points off the top 4
an angry wolf 06 October, 2019 20:30
Well after recent predictions of an apocalypse type scenario arising from our apparent relegation battle, things are looking much rosier in the table and illustrate the fine lines in football. The victory at City for me represents a fairly significant landmark in the clubs progression as over the years , any victory over an elite club has always been shrouded in some sort of edge whether it was home advantage or playing weakened teams like Liverpool in the cup etc. Man city at home are as strong as anything in Europe at home and I include more glamorous names such as Barcelona, the Madrid clubs etc in that - this is exemplified by the fact most seasons City are favourites to win the Champions league.

Todays result proves when "on our game " we can travel to any team and have a realistic chance of winning... I was so disillusioned by our chances today I considered not even watching it given the form of City particularly at home. Any old mug team can play at home and beat the so called top sides but winning away at City represents new advancement and can't be compared to beating Spurs at a neutral venue or cup wins against Liverpool. In the Dave Jones era we managed to beat United ( who were top of the league at the time ) at Molineux yet still finished bottom as an utterly rancid side, but away form is a fairer gauge to what constitutes a quality team. In short lets look up the table gentlemen instead of the doomsday brigade (Sm122)

Re: 4 Points off the top 4
Ivybridge Wolf 08 October, 2019 12:02
I think you're right, whilst not hitting the consistency of last season, Watford and Besitkas performance showed good signs of a return to the form we know and let's be honest about this, sunday versus Man City was no fluke. It was a great all round team performance, a real demonstration of what we can do.

Need to keep it up however, Southampton next on 19th October ....... and only 3 points off the bottom 3!! (Sm100)winking smiley

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Re: 4 Points off the top 4
oldngold 14 October, 2019 21:24
good points that perhaps many, including myself, haven't considered. This victory was not just another good Wolves win against a top 6 side. It was a step up on all results against top 6 sides last year

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net