Latest news:
New Page 1

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Match Thread: Wolves vs Reading FC (Carabao Cup)
chicagowolf 25 September, 2019 19:21
did you see they are introducing a new European league for those not good enough to make the Euro league? I am not making this up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/09/2019 19:21 by chicagowolf.

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 19:24
Quote:
an angry wolf
didnt even know we were playing tonight till I saw this thread.

That's a shame Angry - I did issue a reminder to everyone last pm on the Prediction League to remember to forecast tonight's game

Sheffield WWFC 25 September, 2019 19:24
True. But 3 points for me on Prediction League if it stays 1-0

chicagowolf 25 September, 2019 19:26
Jordao struggling after an ankle turn. Being stretchered off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/09/2019 19:27 by chicagowolf.

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 19:28
Bruno Jordao has gone over on his ankle, and the stretcher is being called on so it looks like the end of his game, which is a shame after giving us the lead and looks a promising player. Taylor Perry comes on to replace him.

chicagowolf 25 September, 2019 19:28
Quote:
chicagowolf
Jordao struggling after an ankle turn. Being stretchered off

Substitute Taylor Perry with eight minutes left in first half

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 19:31
Quote:
an angry wolf
Time they scrapped this silly competition , even if we win it so what? Its a mickey mouse cup of reserves for most prem teams and didnt even know we were playing tonight till I saw this thread.

I know what you are saying Angry, but I have to say, 50 years ago this June I was at the old Wembley watching my other team at the time Swindon Town beating Arsenal in the League Cup Final, and it was probably the best sporting day I have ever had. I know the probability of a lower league team repeating that feat is low, but I think it would be a shame to deny them the chance.

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 19:33
Four added minutes to play

chicagowolf 25 September, 2019 19:36
Half time 1-0 from a goal that Jordao will be proud of, after a spill by their goallie

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 19:37
Half time whistle goes. Wolves lead through a Bruno Jordao shot which the goal keeper fumbled. Jordao later went off injured. Wolves have generally been in charge with little threat from Reading evident
Wolves 1 Reading 0

Ivybridge Wolf 25 September, 2019 19:51
Relieved we’re up at HT. I am very pro-the league cup, always have been and our history would be all the poorer if it hadn’t been introduced. Times change, it’s true, however this competition should remain a real priority for us for silverware. A trip to Wembley in any cup final trumps, for me, a trip to Wembley for a semi.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 19:52
Here we go again with no further changes that I'm aware of as I missed kick off. Vinagre tries a curling effort but just wide.

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 20:04
McIntyre and Adam - who is particularly disgruntled about it - are substituted by Reading. Wolves still in control; at the back, but struggling a bit to get their act together up front. Neto breaks into the area and shoots and the crowd appeal for handball but a corner is given. Good play between Neves & Vinagre but the cross just too close to the goalie.

Oxford beating West Ham, Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd also losing!!

an angry wolf 25 September, 2019 20:09
Dont worry Cheshire, I predicted the match in anticipation of it being subject to more "technical" difficulties days ago but forgot about it

chicagowolf 25 September, 2019 20:10
corner for Wolves

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 20:10
Pedro Neto brought down from behind by Swift who gets a yellow card. Takes a while to get Neto back to his feet and he is struggling a bit now.

chicagowolf 25 September, 2019 20:11
Corner taken short and shot wide

chicagowolf 25 September, 2019 20:14
Reading getting into the match. Sent a shot in but cleared off Wolves line

Cheshire wolf 25 September, 2019 20:16
Wolves struggling to maintain control of the game and playing a little too deep at times. Bennett made a clearance from just in front of the goal line with ruddy out of it!

chicagowolf 25 September, 2019 20:18
Gibbs White off for Chabani. Another lame performance fro MGW

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net