Latest news:
New Page 1

RIP Bury FC
Discussion started by an angry wolf , 27 August, 2019 23:07
RIP Bury FC
an angry wolf 27 August, 2019 23:07
It's just been confirmed that a club founded in 1885 has now been liquidated all for the price of 2 weeks of Pogbas wage. A sad indictment into the state of modern football.

Re: RIP Bury FC
Ivybridge Wolf 28 August, 2019 00:02
I can’t say anything other than events leading to this decision are an utter disgrace. All of football in England should be embarrassed. An incredibly sad day.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

cedric harper 28 August, 2019 10:35
Sorry for Bury fc and the clubs fans Angry. This right and proper ownership test is an absolute joke. From what I have read, this Dale character had about 20 failed business ventures previous to this one.
Club seems doomed as Gigg Lane is going to be handed over to whatever financial institution took the ground as security for a mortgage taken out by the previous owner.

Lupinehowler 28 August, 2019 10:36
History counts for nothing in these days of profits over purpose.

chicagowolf 28 August, 2019 12:29
Sounds like a real mess although I get lost in the rules.
How someone who appears so dodgy is allowed to own a football club is amazing.
But does this mean Bury is done for sure? I remember as a boy all the national fuss in the the tv etc, when Accrington Stanley went out of business but here we are in 2019 Accrington Stanley is back in the football league.

cedric harper 28 August, 2019 16:23
Not the same club though Chicago. Same place, same name but founded in 1968. Bit like Wimbledon I suppose.

an angry wolf 28 August, 2019 16:42
I grew up in the town and scattered my fathers ashes at the ground having spent most of my childhood years watching the club with my father. I have been commenting on the state of football for some time on here so won't repeat points regarding the obscene amounts of money at the top end of football compared to the grass roots but the EFL have a great deal to answer for- if they have a " fit for purpose owner test" then as Cedric rightly says how the hell can such a failure take control of the club? Bury have always had low crowds but it wasnt that long ago the club was in the championship and city were in league one during the same season. Although Bury aren't a charity , you would think local clubs like city and United particularly the latter given one of the stands is named after Gary Nevilles dad would help the club for what amounts to a relatively paltry figure.

If it wasn't for Wolves, I would give up on football completely as the modern game and it's "super star " multi millionaires disgusts me.

Ivybridge Wolf 28 August, 2019 18:44
Angry, I am truly saddened to hear the extent of your connections to Bury, especially hearing about your Dads ashes. A real life example of those who love their club - we are deeply affected by the incompetence (or otherwise) of wheeler dealer football administrators / owners who are often either so far removed or just don’t give a toss. The irony is that within 24 hours, the EFL have announced a review of the ‘right and proper person’ policy.

Any Wolves fan who remembers our near extinction in both 1982 and 1986 will feel great sympathy and anger along with Bury club staff and fans. Personally, I just could not apprehend life with Wolves.

As said, the collapse of 134 years history for the sake of a couple of weeks wages of a top player paid to sit on the bench. Sickening.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/08/2019 19:42 by Ivybridge Wolf.

Cheshire wolf 28 August, 2019 22:19
In every sense of the phrase I’m sorry for your loss Angry, and also for the fans of Bury FC. I think we often tend to anticipate a last minute reprove of execution, as appears to have happened with Bolton, but of course it doesn’t always happen, and many loyal fans suffer as a result.

an angry wolf 28 August, 2019 22:50
Ty Ivy , Cheshire

an angry wolf 04 September, 2019 13:11
I've just finished reading the owner of Burys statement on the official website and it's no wonder that the club has gone under being run by such a simpleton highlighting the need for major reform in the EFL allowing him to even take control. This is a national football clubs website owned by someone apparently reputable and the following is written down for the world and his wife to see.

" Lawyers letter saying "your" out of time and you had to pay £5000 to appeal, which I was not aware of,"

"When we were on a conference call early after the CVA we explained you never know we could go up other Clubs have, the reply “not when we give you 12 points” again a common theme."

CVA, the removal from the league and its financial implications has a huge effect on this however if you want me to stay I will do all I can in whatever way I can because if this gets finalised we have no threats to our Club and were safe to fight another day.

These aren't typos, the man is a special needs invalid that wouldn't be employed by any semi reputable office let alone should be running a tier 3 football club. I don't mind the fact someone having a low IQ or very poor ability to write, but the fact he has put this up on the clubs official website shows his lack of interest and lazy attitude to his role at the club. Have a read of this, how can anyone not become depressed at human nature and the corruption /stupidity that exists within it. [www.buryfc.co.uk]

Ivybridge Wolf 04 September, 2019 19:32
My god, that is one hell of a statement . Incoherent in so many areas. I admit I had to recheck that this wasn’t a spoof website, such is the nature of the full text. If Would be laughable if not so serious. You can’t see much hope for Bury with Dale at the helm. Sad.

an angry wolf 04 September, 2019 23:43
I couldn't believe what I was reading Ivy, obviously you dont expect a small club to have a glamorous website but even at non league level you wouldn't expect that.. imagine having a lawyer sending out a letter/statement like that or a doctor etc and this man is allowed to control a club of a town with numerous associated jobs/families associated with it. There is talk of Bury being admitted to league 2 next season which obviously I hope happens, but if Dale remains it's probably better they fold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net