Latest news:
New Page 1

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Match Thread: Wolves v Burnley 25.8.19
Discussion started by Wolves , 25 August, 2019 07:40
Match Thread: Wolves v Burnley 25.8.19
Wolves 25 August, 2019 07:40
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Match Thread: Wolves v Burnley 25.8.19
Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 10:48
Not as warm as it is here in Chania, Crete Ivy!! I’m expecting temperatures of 30 degrees today!! Having said that it will be a tad cooler by 6:30pm here when our game kicks off. I am reassured by my bar owner that he will be able to screen it for me so I hope to be able to contribute. I also hope we will secure three points and move above Man Utd in the table!!

an angry wolf 25 August, 2019 11:39
Cant stand the heat myself , its 30 degrees in norfolk .. bearing in mind at this early stage we are in the relegation zone, a win seems essential at home to Burnley. Draws against Leicester/united arent terrible results but a draw is normally always a bad result unless circumstances are exceptional. The teams near the bottom will almost always draw more games than teams further up the league. People go on about unbeaten runs but the number of wins dictate league position not getting 1 point out of 3 for a stale draw.

chicagowolf 25 August, 2019 14:23
it is a sign of advanced years when you start saying "I remember when ......" but in days gone by, when it required some work, no-one even published a league table before the third, or even fifth fixture. And I am not sure either of our first two games could have been described as stale (bit sluggish in parts maybe) so I am going into this one without the normal trepidation. Nuno will surely have one eye on Torino, whatever he may say otherwise.
Come on Burnley, do your worst!!

Lupinehowler 25 August, 2019 14:38
Burnley will probably present us with a solid contest so I am hoping that we start the match quickly and impose ourselves, we are the more skilful and will need to make it count.

Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 15:52
One change form the usual line-up for today’s game with Morgan’s Gibbs-White getting a run out whilst Saiss doesn’t make the squad.
Line -up: Patricio, Bennett, Coady, Boly, Doherty, Gibbs-White, Neves, Moutinho, Jonny, Jimenez, Jota
Subs: Ruddy, Vinagre, Vallejo, Dendoncker, Traore, Neto, Cutrone

chicagowolf 25 August, 2019 15:56
Only Dendoncker makes way for MGW. Very strong lineup indicating Premier League come first.

Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 16:29
Well I hope I going to be able to watch it in my local bar on a stream from
Israel!! Having said that at the moment it has frozen!!

Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 16:35
Good effort by Neves just over the bar

Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 16:39
Almost all the play so far in the B’ley half. Good build up play but no goal threat yet

Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 16:41
First effort on goal for B’ley after good play Barnes shoots wide

Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 16:44
Poor clearance to Barnes and he sticks it into bottom
Corner from outside the area
Wolves 0 Burnley 1

an angry wolf 25 August, 2019 16:46
Quote:
chicagowolf
it is a sign of advanced years when you start saying "I remember when ......" but in days gone by, when it required some work, no-one even published a league table before the third, or even fifth fixture. And I am not sure either of our first two games could have been described as stale (bit sluggish in parts maybe) so I am going into this one without the normal trepidation. Nuno will surely have one eye on Torino, whatever he may say otherwise.
Come on Burnley, do your worst!!

In days gone by they also had a phrase , never count your chickens

an angry wolf 25 August, 2019 16:48
Hacked off the line , Burnley should be 2 up - we're getting ripped apart

Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 16:48
Lucky not to concede a second as Mee’s header hits bar then post

an angry wolf 25 August, 2019 16:51
I dont know why MGW is starting , he isnt physically strong enough to play at this level

chicagowolf 25 August, 2019 16:56
That second near goal was a terrifying scramble. We got lucky

wolverina 25 August, 2019 17:00
Early days... and we played Thursday. Still getting over the shock of the cricket..

Cheshire wolf 25 August, 2019 17:01
Some long overdue build up play from Wolves but comes to nothing. Burnley are out muscling us by & large

chicagowolf 25 August, 2019 17:03
Great save from Patricio

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net